Creative Nail Design Air Dry

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

3.3

on 4/12/2013 9:52:00 AM

At first I wasn't sure I liked this top coat. It doesn't leave that heavy duty "hard as nails" feeling on your nails. But it does leave a nice satin finish that is almost as hard as the UV dry top coat. It dries fairly quickly: you don't have a lot of time to fiddle with the coats for smoothness. You better be good at it, because it can leave a rough finish if you're not quick about it. That being said, it is an excellent top coat for ANY polish you want to keep looking freshly applied for over a week.
Recommended.
Edit: My review above was based on trying it over UV cured CND topcoat. I tried it yesterday over my cured color and it took forever to dry and in the mean time, it smudged and ended up totally ruined. I will not try that application again. I took one star off for that disastrous experience.

on 6/2/2009 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This top coat dries very quickly and has a nice shine. I've used it after my manicure and reapplied it twice during the week for added protection and shine.

on 3/5/2008 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK, I have to review this based on how I use it and not how its intended to be used. Its supposed to be a quick dry top coat - OK, not so much. I use this as almost a pre-base coat and I like it for that.

I apply Air Dry about a minute after my coats of polish, then I let it dry. It does take some time for this to fully dry, so do not use this if you're in a hurry. Once its dry, I then apply another top coat. Currently, I'm using a hybrid of Out the Door & OPI RapiDry. Yes, sounds odd, but its working for me.

I know using two top coats isn't the best option, but I get really good wear from this and using the Air Dry as a frist top coat seems to "set" the polish better than one top coat alone. Take that for what its worth :)

Popular Top/Base Coats