Creative Nail Design Air Dry

Filtered by skin tone : Other
No Image

3.5

Iím surprised to hear negative reviews about this product because this is the fastest drying top coat I have ever bought. I first bought the Seche Vite after hearing about how good it was and I took it home read the label and saw that it could cause birth defects and reproductive problems...that was too much of a risk for me since I am young and havenít had children yet. I decided to return it and got this one instead.

I applied this top coat over my nail polish while my polish was still fairly wet and it dried in seconds! I was shocked at how fast it dried, and it gave a nice shiny finish. A few minutes after painting my nails I was able to type. It has been 4 days and my nails havenít chipped and remain shiny and wonderful. I am so impressed that I want to go back and get the base coat too.

Air Dry was supposed to be one of the best top coats made by CND, and I was rather suprised by the results I got from my bottle. If you know Creative's line, then youre probably familiar with two other top coats made by them: Super Shiny(Pinkish/purplish color, produces very glassy, shiney results but takes FOREVER to dry) and Speedy(Light yellow--very, very thin product that does dry uber-fast but poor shine and the protection just doesnt last).

Air Dry was supposed to be a merger of them both, and this product was sold to be comparable to higher end top coats like poshe and seche vite----but it falls way short.

The product comes in the signature Creative bottle, nothing special about the bottle or the brush inside it. The shape can make the product hard to mix without getting it full of bubbles, and they really could upgrade the brush, hence the rating.

When I first opened my bottle, the product seemed to be of a nice consistency, but that fades as it dries. Care must be taken to only use two or three strokes as this will pick up and desintegrate polish when applied. Product dried thin and not nearly as shiny as others mentioned above.

I found no UV protection in this product--my french mani did indeed turn yellow the next day.

As per the directions on the back, one base coat--two polish coats--one coat of Air Dry, the results were blah at best. Staying power was as good as drugstore brands. I did not experience tip shrinkage, though, which is high in other brands. This product does not layer well.