Creative Nail Design Air Dry

No Image

3.5

on 1/27/2013 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I really have a love/hats with this product. One one hand (pardon the pun), it dries my mani super fast. I've used it over different brands with no problem. I can use this, go to bed an hour later and no sheet marks. I usually apply a base coat plus 3 coats of color under. It works well as a top coat, I get tip wear with most polishes after 4 days, ive left a mani up to almost 2 weeks, and while there was extreme tip wear, still little to no chipping.

The bad....it gets thick very quickly. I have some polish thinner and that seems to sort the problem. It does tend to drag the nail color. It is not very shiny. Because it is so thick, I have to be super careful to apply it well, I never do though and around my cuticles you can see the bare nail color.

on 3/5/2008 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK, I have to review this based on how I use it and not how its intended to be used. Its supposed to be a quick dry top coat - OK, not so much. I use this as almost a pre-base coat and I like it for that.

I apply Air Dry about a minute after my coats of polish, then I let it dry. It does take some time for this to fully dry, so do not use this if you're in a hurry. Once its dry, I then apply another top coat. Currently, I'm using a hybrid of Out the Door & OPI RapiDry. Yes, sounds odd, but its working for me.

I know using two top coats isn't the best option, but I get really good wear from this and using the Air Dry as a frist top coat seems to "set" the polish better than one top coat alone. Take that for what its worth :)

Popular Top/Base Coats