Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

3.9

MICA, TALC, NYLON-12, MINERAL OIL,DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20,MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LAUROYL LYSINE,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA ) SEED OIL,SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN, BHT,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS.

supposed to be matte but is shiny and glowy.

on 12/16/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Of all the bronzers I tried during the time of my life in which I was in denial about how pale I am, Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer in Baked Tan is one of the very few that I don't totally hate now that I'm not in denial. Baked Tan is golden tan, but it's not orange, and it is quite sheer.
The big selling point for me, though, is the gorgeous, gorgeous finish of this product. It's matte--but it's not flat. It's got a unique finish, I think. If I look very closely at the powder in the compact and swatched, I can spot a subtle sheen, with no sparkles. I don't know how they worked out how to make a powder that catches the light like this without putting sparkles in it, but I'm glad they did. Femme Couture at Sally's has some baked products like this that have a similar sheen; I have the highlighter, and it's like a luminous, but matte highlighter, much like this is a luminous but matte bronzer. Gorgeous. In fact, if you have a rich, tan skintone, this might be a good MSFN dupe for you. Physicians Formula also carries a baked bronzer that is domed with sparkly veining, but I don't recommend the sparkly version of Baked Tan at all. This one is much better!
I never use bronzer anymore, so I wouldn't repurchase, but I think this is a fine choice for light skintones.

on 6/14/2010 12:27:00 PM

I just bought this product about a month ago, but I have to say I aboslutely love it. Before I was using a bronzer from cover girl but it had to much sparkly and shimmer which I wanted something that didnt. I happened to come across this one at the drugstore and liked the idea that it said Matte. I think thats probably what sold me. The first time I used it I loved it. It goes on smoothly, doesnt make me orange. I just usually put it on my cheeks as I have oily skin and find if I put it all over it makes me look even more oily. Overall, I love this bronzer and it adds just the right amount of color without looking fake.

When I first started using bronzer, I had been using one from an old Claire's palette. After it ran out, I had the absolute *hardest* time finding a nice, matte bronzer that didn't look horribly orange against my super fair skin! This one looks nice and natural, and is perfect for subtly highlighting my cheekbones and adding a little tinge of colour to my face. It's my new HG bronzer for sure! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this, but I don't love it. I miss my discontinued Isadora big compact bronzer (if anyone knows a good alternative to that one, tell me!)! This bronzer is fine, I like that it doesn't have shimmer, but the shade is maybe a tad bit too orange. I have been applying it w/ my Sonia Kashuk highlighting brush & I think it looks more natural versus applying it will a regular blush brush. Still on the lookout for my HG bronzer though!

on 2/10/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Sorry to burst the bubble....I wanted to like it but I don't. Here's my reasons: 1) I'm a reasonably light/fair blue-eyed auburn hair....you can barely see it when I put it on my cheeks (as opposed to my MAC bronzer and/or BE true); 2) when I run my brush across it--it is a flakin' mess and deposits all throughout the "moat" around the product. 3) maybe it's too much to ask but it'd be nice to have some place for an applicator within the compact....whatever....think twice.....unless it's in the clearance bin, then knock yourself out. Ho-hum...

on 1/16/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Yay - a great winter bronzer. Bought this based on the MUA reviews and happy I did. I knew it was a winner when one of the girls I worked with asked if I went tanning. Like that this bronzer doesn't come out too dark or orange. I'm sure it'll look great in the summer as well when I actually have some color.

on 12/24/2008 12:10:00 PM

love this stuff. Perfect amount of color without the shimmer of many bronzers (which I hate). Natural and a HG for me!

I have actually had a lot of success with PF bronzers and this one is no exception. Nice brown color, excessive orange tint or shimmer like other brands. It does keep my skin matte. Great product for a good price!