Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

4.2

MICA, TALC, NYLON-12, MINERAL OIL,DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20,MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LAUROYL LYSINE,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA ) SEED OIL,SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN, BHT,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS.

on 1/8/2016 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm an NC42, and this bronzer isn't dark enough for me. It goes on like a face powder with subtle shimmer. That's my big beef with PF: their lack of colors. All they have is light and medium. Not much for us darker chicks. Everytime I see their new foundations I get all excited and then, OH YEAH THEY ONLY MAKE TWO SHADES. It's a damn shame.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like this bronzer. It is subtle and mostly matte, with a hint of shine that doesn't make you look like you're wearing glitter. I am very pale and it is easy to blend this so it looks natural. I also like trying the wet application for more color.

on 7/5/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First I'd like to warn possible buyers: it is NOT completely matte. It's not the best contouring matte bronzer. That said, this product is gorgeous.
This is a sheer bronzer that gives the skin the most amazing really subtle glow that looks like you're wearing something high end. It doesn't have any glitters or sparkles, just a sheen, not really impactant, but noticeable. This is the best color for me (very pale and neutral/cool toned, NC10ish), although I don't like to use bronzers in general, because they usually don't look right. Everything I tried looked orange or muddy dirty, and this one is the first one that really works.
In the summer, I love how I put a little bit over the areas of my face where the sun would hit and I look slightly glowy and tanned. Another thing I like is that it's completely buildable! Haven't tried the wet application yet, though (that should be even stronger).
Not the best for contouring - I like something completely matte. Absolutely gorgeous all over bronzer for fair skins.

on 3/9/2011 6:58:00 PM

This is mu HG drugstore bronzer, I like both shades depending on how tan I am. I have been buying this for the past three years, religiously buying a new compact of each as soon as I hit pan. I can not find them wherever PF is sold however, it's usually only Rite Aid and Fred Meyer, I don't know why this is because it's not being discontinued or anything. I love that this bronzer can be used wet or dry. I really like the look of it when you apply it wet, I just spray the whole top of the bronzer or my brush with MAC Fix+ spray and use it all over my face, it dries to a really nice natural tan that makes your skin look glowy. I only use the tan one wet because the bronze one is too dark when wet unless I got really tan. The only thing that is really irritating to me about this is that the lid pretty much always falls off and it crumbles pretty easily, so be very careful not to drop this or store it in a makeup bag that will give it a lot of room to bounce around. Otherwise this is amazing and I will always buy it.

on 2/7/2011 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used and loved many PF products for years now and have repurchased their Solar Bronzer in Light, a few times, and other powders several. I had heard of this for years but even before this was discontinued, I didn't see it often in stores then not at all. I have been using and liking Stila Sun in the first shade (with no spf), but I have to order it online and then saw this in a discount store and grabbed it because the light shade reminded me of Stila Sun.

I thought I'd love this because its a fair shade of bronzer, matte and silky, plus you get a lot of product, all things I want in a bronzer but I'm on the fence. I like that it glides on but for and the reason I have a bag full of bronzers that include everything from Wet N Wild to Too Faced etc, they can have all the right stuff but the test is in the mirror. some bronzers just have something magical about them. Its not so much as looking more tan makes you more attractive, though that could be part of it for some, but that it interacts with your skintone, and your reflection glows back atcha! I don't mean shimmer, just like finding the right partner, it just feels, or in this case, looks, right.

Its why neither Rimmel's matte bronzer nor NYC's Sunny do much for me, when they also have the "right stuff," plus geez, at their price I wish I loved them, this too, but meh is all I can say. On me its underwhelming.

In the pan, this product looks dull and boring. In fact it looks a bit orange, once you put it on, though- it gives you a nice natural, not too over the top sun kissed look! No sparkle at all. This would be excellent for very fair skin. This product is hard to find. Even drugstores that carry a lot of PF cosmetics don't have this one. I found it a Meijer.

on 1/16/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Yay - a great winter bronzer. Bought this based on the MUA reviews and happy I did. I knew it was a winner when one of the girls I worked with asked if I went tanning. Like that this bronzer doesn't come out too dark or orange. I'm sure it'll look great in the summer as well when I actually have some color.

on 12/24/2008 12:10:00 PM

love this stuff. Perfect amount of color without the shimmer of many bronzers (which I hate). Natural and a HG for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

HG bronzer - and I have tried tons of the years! The baked bronze gives just the right hint of colour for my medium-toned skin - it's never orange or dirty-looking .. I hope they never discontinue it!!
UPDATE - I should mention that I actually have this in BRONZE, not TAN. I think TAN would be too light for me. I have since also tried Dr. Haushka bronzing powder and MAC in bronze, and have to say that Dr. Hauskca is the best one!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a great bronzer for fair skin tones. the shade Baked Tan is a light beigey-tan shade that has a soft satin finish (glow without shimmer or sparkle), and if brushed on with a fluffy kabuki will give the impression of a hint of tan. The shade is golden in undertone and doesn't go on orange. Well, I guess it could go orange if you have true pale, pink undertones and carve it on with a damp kabuki brush, but that goes without saying... For a drugstore bronzer, it's very respectable! IMO it's very similar in tone to EM Soft Bronzer. Highly recommended.