Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

MICA, TALC, NYLON-12, MINERAL OIL,DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20,MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LAUROYL LYSINE,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA ) SEED OIL,SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN, BHT,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS.

on 2/7/2011 1:23:00 PM

I don't consider myself tanned (NC30-NC35) but this bronzer didn't show up on my face at all. Its smooth but it can get a bit chalky. I couldn't use it as a bronzer, but I do use this in the summer as a setting powder on top of my TM. I wouldn't repurchase since PF has much better bronzers out there.

on 12/16/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Of all the bronzers I tried during the time of my life in which I was in denial about how pale I am, Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer in Baked Tan is one of the very few that I don't totally hate now that I'm not in denial. Baked Tan is golden tan, but it's not orange, and it is quite sheer.
The big selling point for me, though, is the gorgeous, gorgeous finish of this product. It's matte--but it's not flat. It's got a unique finish, I think. If I look very closely at the powder in the compact and swatched, I can spot a subtle sheen, with no sparkles. I don't know how they worked out how to make a powder that catches the light like this without putting sparkles in it, but I'm glad they did. Femme Couture at Sally's has some baked products like this that have a similar sheen; I have the highlighter, and it's like a luminous, but matte highlighter, much like this is a luminous but matte bronzer. Gorgeous. In fact, if you have a rich, tan skintone, this might be a good MSFN dupe for you. Physicians Formula also carries a baked bronzer that is domed with sparkly veining, but I don't recommend the sparkly version of Baked Tan at all. This one is much better!
I never use bronzer anymore, so I wouldn't repurchase, but I think this is a fine choice for light skintones.

When I first started using bronzer, I had been using one from an old Claire's palette. After it ran out, I had the absolute *hardest* time finding a nice, matte bronzer that didn't look horribly orange against my super fair skin! This one looks nice and natural, and is perfect for subtly highlighting my cheekbones and adding a little tinge of colour to my face. It's my new HG bronzer for sure! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this, but I don't love it. I miss my discontinued Isadora big compact bronzer (if anyone knows a good alternative to that one, tell me!)! This bronzer is fine, I like that it doesn't have shimmer, but the shade is maybe a tad bit too orange. I have been applying it w/ my Sonia Kashuk highlighting brush & I think it looks more natural versus applying it will a regular blush brush. Still on the lookout for my HG bronzer though!

on 11/1/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the very first bronzer I've used that I have loved. I previously tried Jane Shimmering Bronzer (way too shimmery) and Bare Escentuals Warmth (too dark), but this stuff is a winner, and I'm somewhat of a bronzer fraidy-cat. I got the lighter color (Baked Tan) for my LLL/NW20ish skin and I use it pretty much every day -- it looks so natural and lovely with a good blush (I like MAC Cubic or BE Golden Gate.) I haven't tried to apply it wet, and probably won't as I'm very happy with how it looks when applied dry. I love how this bronzer has no obvious shimmer particles, but it still makes your skin glow...somehow. :) (I bet spraying Fix+ overtop would make it even more dewy if you like that look too.) I've had this bronzer about a year and love it so much -- I think I paid $10 for it at Target, which is not a bad price for something that lasts forever. Definite repurchase. :D (Also, another reviewer said it was discontinued, but I think you can get it at physiciansformula.com -- hth!)