Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

4.8

MICA, TALC, NYLON-12, MINERAL OIL,DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20,MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LAUROYL LYSINE,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA ) SEED OIL,SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN, BHT,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS.

on 12/16/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Of all the bronzers I tried during the time of my life in which I was in denial about how pale I am, Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer in Baked Tan is one of the very few that I don't totally hate now that I'm not in denial. Baked Tan is golden tan, but it's not orange, and it is quite sheer.
The big selling point for me, though, is the gorgeous, gorgeous finish of this product. It's matte--but it's not flat. It's got a unique finish, I think. If I look very closely at the powder in the compact and swatched, I can spot a subtle sheen, with no sparkles. I don't know how they worked out how to make a powder that catches the light like this without putting sparkles in it, but I'm glad they did. Femme Couture at Sally's has some baked products like this that have a similar sheen; I have the highlighter, and it's like a luminous, but matte highlighter, much like this is a luminous but matte bronzer. Gorgeous. In fact, if you have a rich, tan skintone, this might be a good MSFN dupe for you. Physicians Formula also carries a baked bronzer that is domed with sparkly veining, but I don't recommend the sparkly version of Baked Tan at all. This one is much better!
I never use bronzer anymore, so I wouldn't repurchase, but I think this is a fine choice for light skintones.

on 1/29/2010 1:37:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE this product!!! I picked this up on a whim one day (I believe it was a closeout product at CVS but not sure now and haven't been able to find it again). I use to tan until I got pregnant with my son (16 months ago) and before that I would use this with my tan skin. It would leave the cleanest most matte finish ever. I have VERY little left and now that I began tanning again I am going to try and find it. It's one of those products that sticks out in my head if you asked me to recommend just one of the products out of my make-up bag(and I have LOTS). I'll miss it dearly if I have no luck! Anyone able to tell me where I can find it now a days?

on 11/26/2008 4:00:00 AM

I have this in the shade baked bronze, which is darker than the tan.

I love it simple as that. No shimmer, which is is great since it gives a more natural finish. Just the right shade for my fair-medium yellow undertone skin (NC37). I use it as a contour and it works well, probably need a darker shade for the summer though. My friend has darker skin tone uses as a finish powder/foundation. So I guess it works both ways depending on your skin tone! I haven't tried it wet, because the intensity is just right for me when it's dry.

I hate the cheap packaging, when i open the pan i tend to screw up and dig my figures into the product and also the lid fell off! but it's still a great basic bronzer!

on 11/25/2008 12:09:00 PM

I saw the great reviews and just had to try this. i was skeptical at first because it;s so light, i thought i needed the darker color, but im very happy with it. i use it to set my foundation and the little warmth of collor it gives to my skin is really awesome! i would recommend for sure.
no breakouts
no orange or dirty look
no obessive shimmer
no animal testing
no expensive price
its great!

on 11/1/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the very first bronzer I've used that I have loved. I previously tried Jane Shimmering Bronzer (way too shimmery) and Bare Escentuals Warmth (too dark), but this stuff is a winner, and I'm somewhat of a bronzer fraidy-cat. I got the lighter color (Baked Tan) for my LLL/NW20ish skin and I use it pretty much every day -- it looks so natural and lovely with a good blush (I like MAC Cubic or BE Golden Gate.) I haven't tried to apply it wet, and probably won't as I'm very happy with how it looks when applied dry. I love how this bronzer has no obvious shimmer particles, but it still makes your skin glow...somehow. :) (I bet spraying Fix+ overtop would make it even more dewy if you like that look too.) I've had this bronzer about a year and love it so much -- I think I paid $10 for it at Target, which is not a bad price for something that lasts forever. Definite repurchase. :D (Also, another reviewer said it was discontinued, but I think you can get it at physiciansformula.com -- hth!)

on 1/12/2008 2:40:00 PM

I used to use Laura Mercier bronzer which was excellent but very expensive ($30). This one (I got BAKED BRONZE) is just the same quality and very pretty and makes my skin look glowy and healthy. I am half filipina half chinese so naturally I have tanned olive skin but this bronzer enhances my coloring. A+