Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

4.8

MICA, TALC, NYLON-12, MINERAL OIL,DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20,MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LAUROYL LYSINE,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA ) SEED OIL,SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN, BHT,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like this bronzer. It is subtle and mostly matte, with a hint of shine that doesn't make you look like you're wearing glitter. I am very pale and it is easy to blend this so it looks natural. I also like trying the wet application for more color.

on 7/5/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First I'd like to warn possible buyers: it is NOT completely matte. It's not the best contouring matte bronzer. That said, this product is gorgeous.
This is a sheer bronzer that gives the skin the most amazing really subtle glow that looks like you're wearing something high end. It doesn't have any glitters or sparkles, just a sheen, not really impactant, but noticeable. This is the best color for me (very pale and neutral/cool toned, NC10ish), although I don't like to use bronzers in general, because they usually don't look right. Everything I tried looked orange or muddy dirty, and this one is the first one that really works.
In the summer, I love how I put a little bit over the areas of my face where the sun would hit and I look slightly glowy and tanned. Another thing I like is that it's completely buildable! Haven't tried the wet application yet, though (that should be even stronger).
Not the best for contouring - I like something completely matte. Absolutely gorgeous all over bronzer for fair skins.

on 12/16/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Of all the bronzers I tried during the time of my life in which I was in denial about how pale I am, Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer in Baked Tan is one of the very few that I don't totally hate now that I'm not in denial. Baked Tan is golden tan, but it's not orange, and it is quite sheer.
The big selling point for me, though, is the gorgeous, gorgeous finish of this product. It's matte--but it's not flat. It's got a unique finish, I think. If I look very closely at the powder in the compact and swatched, I can spot a subtle sheen, with no sparkles. I don't know how they worked out how to make a powder that catches the light like this without putting sparkles in it, but I'm glad they did. Femme Couture at Sally's has some baked products like this that have a similar sheen; I have the highlighter, and it's like a luminous, but matte highlighter, much like this is a luminous but matte bronzer. Gorgeous. In fact, if you have a rich, tan skintone, this might be a good MSFN dupe for you. Physicians Formula also carries a baked bronzer that is domed with sparkly veining, but I don't recommend the sparkly version of Baked Tan at all. This one is much better!
I never use bronzer anymore, so I wouldn't repurchase, but I think this is a fine choice for light skintones.

on 6/14/2010 12:27:00 PM

I just bought this product about a month ago, but I have to say I aboslutely love it. Before I was using a bronzer from cover girl but it had to much sparkly and shimmer which I wanted something that didnt. I happened to come across this one at the drugstore and liked the idea that it said Matte. I think thats probably what sold me. The first time I used it I loved it. It goes on smoothly, doesnt make me orange. I just usually put it on my cheeks as I have oily skin and find if I put it all over it makes me look even more oily. Overall, I love this bronzer and it adds just the right amount of color without looking fake.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love it when I find a drugstore product this good. I probably would pay three times the price for it based on it's results. It is one of the few bronzers that looks natural on my fair/medium skin tone. It's not orange, sparkly, shiny, or artificial in any way. I can use it a bronzer and use it to contour to give face a bit more definition. I have tried many and this is my favorite for under $30.

on 1/29/2010 1:37:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE this product!!! I picked this up on a whim one day (I believe it was a closeout product at CVS but not sure now and haven't been able to find it again). I use to tan until I got pregnant with my son (16 months ago) and before that I would use this with my tan skin. It would leave the cleanest most matte finish ever. I have VERY little left and now that I began tanning again I am going to try and find it. It's one of those products that sticks out in my head if you asked me to recommend just one of the products out of my make-up bag(and I have LOTS). I'll miss it dearly if I have no luck! Anyone able to tell me where I can find it now a days?

on 1/13/2010 11:00:00 PM

gives me a fresh glowing tan. beautiful finish. does not irritate my sensitive skin. whenever i run out i always buy more. a little pricey for bronzer but it works very well on my skin! once in a while i try a different cheaper bronzer but nothing compares to baked pyramid!

When I first started using bronzer, I had been using one from an old Claire's palette. After it ran out, I had the absolute *hardest* time finding a nice, matte bronzer that didn't look horribly orange against my super fair skin! This one looks nice and natural, and is perfect for subtly highlighting my cheekbones and adding a little tinge of colour to my face. It's my new HG bronzer for sure! :)

In the pan, this product looks dull and boring. In fact it looks a bit orange, once you put it on, though- it gives you a nice natural, not too over the top sun kissed look! No sparkle at all. This would be excellent for very fair skin. This product is hard to find. Even drugstores that carry a lot of PF cosmetics don't have this one. I found it a Meijer.

on 12/24/2008 12:10:00 PM

love this stuff. Perfect amount of color without the shimmer of many bronzers (which I hate). Natural and a HG for me!