Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

4.3

MICA, TALC, NYLON-12, MINERAL OIL,DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20,MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LAUROYL LYSINE,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA ) SEED OIL,SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN, BHT,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS.

on 1/8/2016 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm an NC42, and this bronzer isn't dark enough for me. It goes on like a face powder with subtle shimmer. That's my big beef with PF: their lack of colors. All they have is light and medium. Not much for us darker chicks. Everytime I see their new foundations I get all excited and then, OH YEAH THEY ONLY MAKE TWO SHADES. It's a damn shame.

supposed to be matte but is shiny and glowy.

on 2/7/2011 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used and loved many PF products for years now and have repurchased their Solar Bronzer in Light, a few times, and other powders several. I had heard of this for years but even before this was discontinued, I didn't see it often in stores then not at all. I have been using and liking Stila Sun in the first shade (with no spf), but I have to order it online and then saw this in a discount store and grabbed it because the light shade reminded me of Stila Sun.

I thought I'd love this because its a fair shade of bronzer, matte and silky, plus you get a lot of product, all things I want in a bronzer but I'm on the fence. I like that it glides on but for and the reason I have a bag full of bronzers that include everything from Wet N Wild to Too Faced etc, they can have all the right stuff but the test is in the mirror. some bronzers just have something magical about them. Its not so much as looking more tan makes you more attractive, though that could be part of it for some, but that it interacts with your skintone, and your reflection glows back atcha! I don't mean shimmer, just like finding the right partner, it just feels, or in this case, looks, right.

Its why neither Rimmel's matte bronzer nor NYC's Sunny do much for me, when they also have the "right stuff," plus geez, at their price I wish I loved them, this too, but meh is all I can say. On me its underwhelming.

on 2/10/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Sorry to burst the bubble....I wanted to like it but I don't. Here's my reasons: 1) I'm a reasonably light/fair blue-eyed auburn hair....you can barely see it when I put it on my cheeks (as opposed to my MAC bronzer and/or BE true); 2) when I run my brush across it--it is a flakin' mess and deposits all throughout the "moat" around the product. 3) maybe it's too much to ask but it'd be nice to have some place for an applicator within the compact....whatever....think twice.....unless it's in the clearance bin, then knock yourself out. Ho-hum...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, I personally wasn't crazy about this. First off...the color was not dark enough for me. Now, I'm a medium-olive tone, so I need something fairly pigmented to show up well on my skin. I've never had a bronzer not show up on me before...but this one takes a lot of layers before showing up.

The second thing I didn't like is the packaging. The bronzer is slightly raised from the compact it is in...so when I swipe a brush over it...powder goes everywhere.

So, overall, I guess this okay for some people...but for nearly $10.00 at Ulta...it didn't do anything for me.

on 2/7/2011 1:23:00 PM

I don't consider myself tanned (NC30-NC35) but this bronzer didn't show up on my face at all. Its smooth but it can get a bit chalky. I couldn't use it as a bronzer, but I do use this in the summer as a setting powder on top of my TM. I wouldn't repurchase since PF has much better bronzers out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this, but I don't love it. I miss my discontinued Isadora big compact bronzer (if anyone knows a good alternative to that one, tell me!)! This bronzer is fine, I like that it doesn't have shimmer, but the shade is maybe a tad bit too orange. I have been applying it w/ my Sonia Kashuk highlighting brush & I think it looks more natural versus applying it will a regular blush brush. Still on the lookout for my HG bronzer though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like this bronzer. It is subtle and mostly matte, with a hint of shine that doesn't make you look like you're wearing glitter. I am very pale and it is easy to blend this so it looks natural. I also like trying the wet application for more color.

on 12/16/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Of all the bronzers I tried during the time of my life in which I was in denial about how pale I am, Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer in Baked Tan is one of the very few that I don't totally hate now that I'm not in denial. Baked Tan is golden tan, but it's not orange, and it is quite sheer.
The big selling point for me, though, is the gorgeous, gorgeous finish of this product. It's matte--but it's not flat. It's got a unique finish, I think. If I look very closely at the powder in the compact and swatched, I can spot a subtle sheen, with no sparkles. I don't know how they worked out how to make a powder that catches the light like this without putting sparkles in it, but I'm glad they did. Femme Couture at Sally's has some baked products like this that have a similar sheen; I have the highlighter, and it's like a luminous, but matte highlighter, much like this is a luminous but matte bronzer. Gorgeous. In fact, if you have a rich, tan skintone, this might be a good MSFN dupe for you. Physicians Formula also carries a baked bronzer that is domed with sparkly veining, but I don't recommend the sparkly version of Baked Tan at all. This one is much better!
I never use bronzer anymore, so I wouldn't repurchase, but I think this is a fine choice for light skintones.

on 6/14/2010 12:27:00 PM

I just bought this product about a month ago, but I have to say I aboslutely love it. Before I was using a bronzer from cover girl but it had to much sparkly and shimmer which I wanted something that didnt. I happened to come across this one at the drugstore and liked the idea that it said Matte. I think thats probably what sold me. The first time I used it I loved it. It goes on smoothly, doesnt make me orange. I just usually put it on my cheeks as I have oily skin and find if I put it all over it makes me look even more oily. Overall, I love this bronzer and it adds just the right amount of color without looking fake.