Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer - Tan

4.3

MICA, TALC, NYLON-12, MINERAL OIL,DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20,MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LAUROYL LYSINE,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE,SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA ) SEED OIL,SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN,ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN,BUTYLPARABEN, BHT,MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS.

on 7/5/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First I'd like to warn possible buyers: it is NOT completely matte. It's not the best contouring matte bronzer. That said, this product is gorgeous.
This is a sheer bronzer that gives the skin the most amazing really subtle glow that looks like you're wearing something high end. It doesn't have any glitters or sparkles, just a sheen, not really impactant, but noticeable. This is the best color for me (very pale and neutral/cool toned, NC10ish), although I don't like to use bronzers in general, because they usually don't look right. Everything I tried looked orange or muddy dirty, and this one is the first one that really works.
In the summer, I love how I put a little bit over the areas of my face where the sun would hit and I look slightly glowy and tanned. Another thing I like is that it's completely buildable! Haven't tried the wet application yet, though (that should be even stronger).
Not the best for contouring - I like something completely matte. Absolutely gorgeous all over bronzer for fair skins.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow I really love this product. The prefect tan for fair to med skin. No shimmer (=no disco ball effect) and doesn't turn orange.
For those who are finding it hard to find Drugstore.com has it, as well as Amazon.com. Amazon has it in the two pack with free super saver shipping.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a great bronzer for fair skin tones. the shade Baked Tan is a light beigey-tan shade that has a soft satin finish (glow without shimmer or sparkle), and if brushed on with a fluffy kabuki will give the impression of a hint of tan. The shade is golden in undertone and doesn't go on orange. Well, I guess it could go orange if you have true pale, pink undertones and carve it on with a damp kabuki brush, but that goes without saying... For a drugstore bronzer, it's very respectable! IMO it's very similar in tone to EM Soft Bronzer. Highly recommended.

on 12/16/2010 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Of all the bronzers I tried during the time of my life in which I was in denial about how pale I am, Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer in Baked Tan is one of the very few that I don't totally hate now that I'm not in denial. Baked Tan is golden tan, but it's not orange, and it is quite sheer.
The big selling point for me, though, is the gorgeous, gorgeous finish of this product. It's matte--but it's not flat. It's got a unique finish, I think. If I look very closely at the powder in the compact and swatched, I can spot a subtle sheen, with no sparkles. I don't know how they worked out how to make a powder that catches the light like this without putting sparkles in it, but I'm glad they did. Femme Couture at Sally's has some baked products like this that have a similar sheen; I have the highlighter, and it's like a luminous, but matte highlighter, much like this is a luminous but matte bronzer. Gorgeous. In fact, if you have a rich, tan skintone, this might be a good MSFN dupe for you. Physicians Formula also carries a baked bronzer that is domed with sparkly veining, but I don't recommend the sparkly version of Baked Tan at all. This one is much better!
I never use bronzer anymore, so I wouldn't repurchase, but I think this is a fine choice for light skintones.

on 1/12/2008 2:40:00 PM

I used to use Laura Mercier bronzer which was excellent but very expensive ($30). This one (I got BAKED BRONZE) is just the same quality and very pretty and makes my skin look glowy and healthy. I am half filipina half chinese so naturally I have tanned olive skin but this bronzer enhances my coloring. A+

on 1/8/2016 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm an NC42, and this bronzer isn't dark enough for me. It goes on like a face powder with subtle shimmer. That's my big beef with PF: their lack of colors. All they have is light and medium. Not much for us darker chicks. Everytime I see their new foundations I get all excited and then, OH YEAH THEY ONLY MAKE TWO SHADES. It's a damn shame.

on 3/9/2011 6:58:00 PM

This is mu HG drugstore bronzer, I like both shades depending on how tan I am. I have been buying this for the past three years, religiously buying a new compact of each as soon as I hit pan. I can not find them wherever PF is sold however, it's usually only Rite Aid and Fred Meyer, I don't know why this is because it's not being discontinued or anything. I love that this bronzer can be used wet or dry. I really like the look of it when you apply it wet, I just spray the whole top of the bronzer or my brush with MAC Fix+ spray and use it all over my face, it dries to a really nice natural tan that makes your skin look glowy. I only use the tan one wet because the bronze one is too dark when wet unless I got really tan. The only thing that is really irritating to me about this is that the lid pretty much always falls off and it crumbles pretty easily, so be very careful not to drop this or store it in a makeup bag that will give it a lot of room to bounce around. Otherwise this is amazing and I will always buy it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love it when I find a drugstore product this good. I probably would pay three times the price for it based on it's results. It is one of the few bronzers that looks natural on my fair/medium skin tone. It's not orange, sparkly, shiny, or artificial in any way. I can use it a bronzer and use it to contour to give face a bit more definition. I have tried many and this is my favorite for under $30.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was very impressed with this product. I read rave reviews for it on here and was skeptical when I saw it at the store but I bought it anyways. So glad I did!! This looks like a deep face powder in the compact but, once on, it gives you a nice warm tan glow. It's not reddish nor orangy at all....something most bronzers do. I went back the next day to buy a back up. It seems like most stores are not selling this anymore so it might be on the verge of being discontinued.

on 11/25/2008 12:09:00 PM

I saw the great reviews and just had to try this. i was skeptical at first because it;s so light, i thought i needed the darker color, but im very happy with it. i use it to set my foundation and the little warmth of collor it gives to my skin is really awesome! i would recommend for sure.
no breakouts