NARS Cream Eyeshadow

No Image

2.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this in Porto Venere and like Bobbi Brown Bone Long Wear, this is a bit too sheer and a bit too white. The texture is lovely and you need so much less than other paint pots, but I just couldn’t get it to work on my slightly reddish lids. It is a very nice neutral color, not too blue, not too peach…really pretty, and I think a lot of people would really like it, if they don’t need to even out their lids like I do. I put that I would buy it again, just because it's such a beautiful formula and color, and something I think a lot of people would really like.

I think these cream eye shadows damage NARS reputation as a top makeup brand - they are drugstore quality..Actually, considering how some drugstore brands are offering top products nowadays, these eye shadows would shame them as well. The only redeeming aspect is that the colors are interesting (and maybe this is the only thing in line with NARS standards). They apply nicely, blend well and fade away leaving you poorer, sadder and with huge shimmery panda eyes.

on 3/8/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've had this for a while now and am just so disappointed with it every now and then I take it out a d try to use it in a different way (alone,as a base) I've used different methods like my fingers and brushes and nothing works even when I use an eye shadow primer it still creases.i bought this In Madagascar which is a neutral palette, colors are beautiful but unfortunately the product sucks. Its a shame because it was my first nars shadow ever and on top of it its $34 I just really wish this would work for me but I know it won't.save your money there's other better cream eye shadows like the color tattoos that actually work.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

OK, i love nars and all, but this formulation SUCKS. these eyeshadows are NOT good investments at all! i like my makeup to actually stay on my face, which this simply does not do. creases like mad. expensive, save ur $.

on 6/18/2011 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NARS is one of my favorite brands, but I am soooo disappointed in this eyeshadow! The color was great, but even with eye primer, it creased and wore off like crazy. NARS is a more prestigous cosmetic brand, so their prices often run higher. I paid quite a bit for this cream shadow and had very high hopes, but the product just didn't deliver. =(

I love the color of Cosmic Girl...but it has little to no staying power. Even with a primer, it still smudged and faded. For it's price, I'd prefer something longer lasting.

on 8/5/2010 6:18:00 AM

Gorgeous color range and unique quality. Even bright colors like the turquoise carioca or the violet lido produce a delicate transparent finish not achievable with other products. I agree that the staying power is poor when simply applied. However, I discovered a method to make them stay put for 24 hours: prime your lids (I use too faced), apply the cream eyeshadow with a brush (artificial bristles) and a drop of DuWop`s payoff and finally use a good fixing powder on top (normally meant for camouflage make-up). That way you won`t have problems with creasing anymore and it`s worthwile the effort. One color as a wash only paired with highlighter looks best.

on 11/26/2009 6:39:00 PM

My favorite cream shadow, along with Shu's. NARS' are easy to work with, soft, non-irritating, and non-drying. Also, the colors are unique and beautiful. Most importantly, Nars' cream shadows do not feel heavy on my lids, and look smooth on my skin. I don't have problems with creasing, but these do fade a little. However, I don't need to reapply unless I'm going out after a long day. I'm also glad I did not read the reviews. Goes to show that YMMV.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This line includes some gorgeous colours that are a ton of fun to layer under powder shadows... but they crease and smudge... really, really badly - and my eyelids aren't even that oily, and I do use an eyeshadow base. Stay away from these. NARS powder shadows are so much better.

on 7/17/2009 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Let me start by saying the color range is really great and I have purchased about ten of them for that reason alone. However, it creases and fades quickly. It can be extended by packing a powder on top but if you are looking for a sheer wash for a quick splash of color it won't last. With all the other crease free creams on the market FN should consider reformulating.

Popular Eye Shadows