Dr. Bronner's Rose Bar Soap

Dr. Bronner's Rose Bar Soap

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 12/29/2016 11:25:00 PM

This is a great body soap. The rose smell is wonderful and not at all cloying. The soap leaves my skin feeling very clean without drying it out. It lathers up nicely and hasn't seemed to clog my pores. The only downside is the bar just lasts about 2 weeks and is $5.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm reviewing the Hemp Tea Tree Bar Soap since there isn't a spot for it on MUA. I just used up a $16 bottle of the Tea Tree Liquid Castile Soap & loved everything about it: the scent that would stick really well to my clothes & body after washing. The lather that would clean my clothes & I perfectly. Not being able to spend $16 on a bottle of body wash & laundry detergent once I ran out I spent the little $3 for the Hemp Tea Tree Bar Soap. Let's just say I love it even more than it's liquid counterpart! It lathers amazingly when swiped on a body pouf in the shower & seems to actually be moisturizing as the foam I get is really creamy. Although I can't do laundry with this one for $3 you can't go wrong. I may even start replacing my Lava Bars for hand soap with this one!

on 10/17/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like all of the scents that these come in; I find it calms my eczema (or at least it doesn't irritate it), and I end up having to use less moisturizer. The scents are fairly mild, but I wish there were more to choose from! I've tried other natural soaps from several different companies which work ok short term, but I always end up coming back to these.

on 7/19/2013 12:26:00 AM

A great find. This soap leaves you squeaky clean and its organic. I wish the rose scent was a bit stronger but I like that I can use it on my privates without worrying about irritation. Will try the lavender next. Unique packaging, wonderful lathering.

on 6/8/2011 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I enjoy using this soap, for body mostly not particularly on my face - the bar is 'hard' like it is french milled ? It's great when you can score these 2 for $5.

I have not used a bar soap since..I was a little kid. =p So I wanted to give this a try. The bar is a decent size and seems to be lasting me foreverrr which is nice. This has a very light rosey scent that is not overpowering nor does it linger, however I took a lippie off because for the first month whenever I showered with this I'd get this very pungent after scent I can't quite describe? =/ It was just unpleasant, eventually it subsided so all was fine. This is by no means moisturizing but that is not surprising for a bar soap, that is what body lotions can be for after all. This gets me squeaky clean which I like. But I am unsure if I'd repurchase just because I love using different things, especially bath and body products. <3

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

A really lovely rose soap that is gentle on skin, effective and safe for us and our environment! This smells more of a a truer rose than Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap... but I prefer the liquid to the bar. However, I'm still giving it 5 stars! Good stuff.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a high quality castille bar soap with a light, pleasant rose fragrance.
Not too fancy, just reliable. It lasts forever, so I suspect it is hard milled. It's a staple in my bathroom.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The scent is rose-y at first, but at least in my case, turned into a plasticky artificial kind of smell towards the end. The cleansing power is effective, yet gentle, as should be the case with any natural bar soap. Quality ingredients, but the smell was too much. No repurchase scenario with this item.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw this recommended on the Makeup Board for cleaning brushes and it does an Awesome job. I was using Cleansing Oil to get my white hair brushes white again, Now quick and easy everything gets clean and all the color is removed from all of my brushes.

So then I started using on my face at night to remove my face makeup (not eyes, burns). Sometimes I use ColorStay so it's a PITA to completely remove, not with Dr. Bronner's it's gone. Also when you rinse your washcloth after taking everything off, the washcloth is completely clean. I do follow up with my cream cleanser to remove eye makeup and a quick all over clean up.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) I stopped using this to wash my face, it was drying my skin to much for the winter. I've since changed my foundation to one that's easy to remove. So I will continue using this for only my weekly brush cleaning.