Sally Hansen Natural Butter Lip Shine

Natural Butter Lip Shine

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Found this lip gloss at a dollar tree, firstly, the smell is very good, it’s a sweet fruity scent, which I liked. The gloss itself is okay, there definitely is a plastic taste in your mouth when you wear it, but it’s bearable. The color is pretty, looks nice and is very glossy on the lips. Wear time is average, you’d probably need to touch up within the first hour, in my experience. The packaging looks nice,quality is awful. There is a black lid thing in the lipgloss, and it fell off. I had to keep putting it on, and when it comes off, there’s way too much product on the brush, and there’s lip gloss everywhere! The applicator is a brush one, which I prefer, however within a week of using this the brush went to shit, making a even and precise application nearly impossible. However, for only a $1, it’s a pretty good gloss.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

The word butter and lip shine are perfect for this product. Although it's a gloss and may not last that long, the moisturizing continues and it's really good! Love this!!

on 3/3/2012 1:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I liked this it is not a must have but its useful and end of the day it was only 1 dollar. Works when you need some give on your lips but not as good as a chapstick or Vaseline.
Gives a nice not too made up pinkness to lips.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Ughh. I had a few of these in "Berry". At first when I purchased one, I loved it. It is buttery smooth, perfect color and non-sticky and looks great with a brown lipliner. So, I went back and got more. However, now I cannot get rid of them fast enough. This is the type of product that you soon tire of. The taste is not the best, actually it's awful, as seems to be the case with their other lip products. After wearing a few tubes, it seemed as if my mouth began to react to it where it just made my mouth feel like I had been chewing on plastic. I don't know what happened because when I first started buying them I fell in love with the product. It wasn't that I was wearing it everyday because I always change up my glosses daily, but I really cannot even describe what turned me off. I'm probably going to give my last tube away. I can't handle that taste in my mouth and that rubbery feeling on my lips any longer. I also hate brush applicators which is what it has.

I'm surprised at the bad reviews. I picked this up at the Dollar Tree for a buck on a whim, and I'm enjoying it. The color I have is nosegay, which is a vibrant medium pink that works well with my warm complexion and I'm certain it will look even better with a tan this summer. This is one of the most moisturizing glosses I've ever used. It feels good on the lips, has a nice fruity scent, and lasts on my lips for a good amount of time. My only dislike is the brush tip applicater, I hate those. You can't beat this for a dollar.

i just picked this up from the dollar tree, not sure what shade. Luckily for the inexpensive buy, it's safe to say that it's awful. Terribly gooey, and not moisturizing at all, let alone long wearing. This is surprising, considering their other products are decent. Oh well, you cant like them all.

on 1/26/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

These are way too sticky for me so I wouldn't rebuy. However, the colors are pretty, the price is right ($1) and they have a brush tip.

on 11/15/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't care for these. I tried two shades, a sheer red and a medium pink, and after I tried them both, they promptly went into the round file, I could not tolerate their uber-strong fake sweet plastic fruit smell. I hope they don't taste the same way, because I didn't wear long enough to find out but at $1 each they were a guilt-free trip to the trash. IIRC the pigment was pretty good and I definitely remember the brush applicator was great. They are thick in texture but when something calls itself a "butter" (especially a lip product) it's automatically going to be thicker and probably more sticky than your average gloss. However, I didn't wear long enough to know if they moisturize well because the smell overwhelmed everything else. Sadly, I think this may be my last foray into dear old Sally Hansen for anything but nail polish because Dollar Tree or not, nothing of theirs works out well for me :(

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product was disgustingly sticky and it was no where near buttery or moisturizing. I found it didnt give much of a shine...just looked sticky and clumpy. Not a fan.

on 11/1/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

You can't beat this gloss for only a dollar.