Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

3.8

on 9/18/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I used Color Fix on my hair yesterday, I had a permanent medium ash brown hair color that turned completely dark brown/black, did the shampoo method and It worked like a charm, left it on for 1hr 20 minutes, washed with clarifying shampoo for a while, then with regular shampoo and deep conditioned with Feria conditioner, color came out a super cute ginger light brown, I guess because I used the shampoo method it really didn't stink too much, to me smelled more like compost than sulfur, not pleasant but I don't care since this product performed a true miracle. I have my hair covered in coconut oil and I am leaving it alone for one week before I recolor.
EDIT: four days later and my hair darkened from light ginger brown to medium ash brown, my roots were on the brassy-orangy side and now they have darkened and are less obvious, I tried to color my hair but the swatch came back super dark, went two levels down but will have to go four levels down if I want to recolor, I might do the back again because I still see too much dark hair on that area, hair still feels the same, not even split ends, smells like wet dog when wet and the texture feels like when you leave too much conditioner.
EDIT: Color got darker than a week ago but no black or dark brown in sight, noticed that I've been loosing a lot of hair and I am thankful that I only did the shampoo version of this, my hair feels extremely dry and won't recolor it.
Ended up recoloring because it was three different colors, dark ash blonde on the length and light ash brown on the roots, came one shade darker than I normally like.

on 4/19/2014 5:49:00 PM

This product works really well. Make sure you follow the steps. My natural hair color is a light brown, and I have been dyeing it dark brown for 10 plus years. I got really tired of my hair being so dark. I really wanted it lighter and warmer. So I did a lot of research and found the one n only color fix. I read a lot of reviews and most them were very poditive. So I figured that if it did not work, I can at least dye it dark again. The first time I tried it, I followed all of the steps, but I left out step 3, the dreaded processing lotion. My hair turned a light to medium brown, but it darkened back to dark brown over the next few days. So I seems like no matter if you use the processing lotion or not, if your hair still has color in it, it will darken either way. After giving my hair a 2 week break, I decided to try again. I ended up reoeating the process 2 more times, including step 3!!! Which did not darken my hair. It just toned it. I assuming that this means that all of the color was removed. My hair came out really light. I was amazed. I was debating on keeping it that way, i really wanted to dye it. I was so scared, but after much research, I went for it. I applied some protein filler for 20 minutes, and applied a demi permenant lvl 9 neutral gold blonde( yes a blonde) dye for 5 min only. Any longer and it would have turned too dark. Now my hair is a golden light brown, and I am so super happy with it. A few more tips: rinse, rinse, and rinse and wash your hair with clarifying shampoo. I also applied heat during the third time.
Hope this helps.

on 5/8/2012 2:50:00 PM

I had dyed my hair black a few years ago and eventually grew bored of it and wanted a change. I rarely dye my hair as it is and having to constantly dye it to maintain the colour was starting to do a number on my hair. My hair dresser suggested stripping it and even tried a small section on my hair so I could see what the result would be but I decided against it after I saw how much damage it did. I tried this stuff and it was a god send! My hair is naturally a medium brown and this stuff lightened up back to my natural colour but with a slight reddish tinge which wasn't a big deal since I was so glad the black was gone!. The only down side was that I noticed my hair didn't look so healthy afterwards but that's understandable considering I went from dying it maybe once a year to dying it multiple times then doing this treatment. I used a good protein conditioning mask for a few weeks afterward and laid off the blow dryer and flat iron to give my hair a break. I would definitely recommend going this a try before considering getting your hair stripped.

Well I went from blue black dyed hair to dark brown, light brown, and red hair. So it got the black our for the most part except for the ends which are still a little black but I only used this once and will use whats left of the bottles in a few days. It works I imagine if you were blonde before and dyed your hair dark brown or black this would remove the black and leave you red or orange. This is my third time using this product and it works everytime to remove the color I did and usually any underlying color I had and leaves me multiple shades of orange, and red. If you want your naturaly haircolor back after dying your hair darker then you will have to grow your hair out there is no miracle product for that so please have realistic expectations for this product.

I have been dying my naturally "light golden brown"(level 5) hair black for about a year and finally got tired of it. I talked to a lady where I get my haircut about lightening my hair to around a level 4 she said I would have to bleach it and that was seriously the last thing I wanted to do. So I went to Sally's and asked if they had anything to take the black out and the lady gave me this saying it was definately going to take the black out and leave me with orange-ish hair.
After three applications of this each 20 minutes, only my roots, whcih were about 4 inches had gotten a little lighter. Okay, my hair got a LITTLE lighter, by a little I mean now it was black with a red tint. Wonderful.>:[ My hair didn't get too damaged but I still did a protein treatment or something that the lady gave me. I washed my hair like 03947109823 times with Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo and it is a little lighter. Now I'm gunna try ColorZap and see how it works out, I'll update later.:]

on 12/3/2007 7:28:00 PM

This is used for removing darker colors from lighter hair. Bad dye jobs aren't forever or expensive to fix!

My hair is naturally dark blonde with lots of blonder streaks through it. People think I highlight my hair after the summer sun gets hold of it. I wanted a little more depth to color since it was a little washed out looking and requested brown/red lowlights from hairdresser. She recommended all over color and I agreed - only if it was semi-permanent (thank god for that!) Well, I ended up with very red hair. Yuck. I felt like a clown. My saving grace was that knew the color would fade after 3 months, but I really did not want to wait that long!

Dreading the thought of going to work like that, I searched around the internet for ideas on how to get rid of the color. I saw ideas from dish detergent to prell to olive oil when I came across tons of reviews for this product at http://www.folica.com/one__n_only_Col_r312_11.html I rushed to nearest Sally's to buy it for ~$12

Now, the product instructions say it may not work for semi-permanent color, but I figured the results couldn't be that much worse than clown hair.

Product comes with 3 bottles: 1 color remover, 1 activator, and 1 processor. I mixed 1/2 remover and 1/2 activator, left on for 20 minutes and covered hair with plastic bag - you may want to use a cap though :) Instructions say that using the optional processor may darken hair again, so I did not use that.

Results? It lightened my hair dramatically to a very light auburn hair with lots of golden highlights. Almost my own color, and almost what I was looking for in the first place. Instructions say you can use more than once, so I did it again, this time for 35 minutes. Hair is now strawberry blonde with loads of my original blonde highlights. Many reviews at the folica site said it worked great on black dye jobs, and it works regardless of texture/thickness of hair. Perhaps the red color was a different type of dye, but for me, it was more effective on the brown.

Instructions say it does not work for metallic or direct dyes, only oxidative dyes. Semi permanent color is said to be a mix of these, so it may work better on permanent color dye.

My hair is parched, crispy and dull after the dye, but isn't any more crispy after using this. (A hot oil treatment helps somewhat with the crispies, but it is still very dull looking) The Color Fix does stink sort of like a perm solution which lingers through several washings - small trade off.

I would certainly use this again if I ever had to, although I won't be dying my hair again any time soon! I don't know why color professionals don't know about this product, but rest assured: my colorist will!

This does not contain bleach or peroxide. There is also a product called ColorZap which does contain bleaching agents, and that is a big reason why I chose ColorFix instead.