Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
 Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My natural hair color is blonde and I’ve been dying it black and dark brown for the past year and also blue the year prior. I’ve been trying to lighten my hair for so long and heard about this so I thought to give it a try. I put on my hair twice and it made my hair a very light auburn red hair and it was actually really pretty color. I was so happy because my hair hadn’t been that light in years. After it was dry I put coconut oil in it for a few hours and washed it out. Well after it dryed it was so much darker! Like a medium-light brown. (No I didn’t use the part 3).
I heard your hair could darken a little after use but this was a very drastic change. My hair is still a lot light then before but I’m really upset about how much it darken. I guess I’m gonna try it again next week and see how it goes on another go round. 🙃😤

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Love this stuff, I always do steps 1 & 2 but rarely use the developer (step 3) it works like a charm. Only reasons for 4 stars is the smell!! Takes a while to get out of your hair, I can smell it really bad for a few days, especially when I sweat. A rinse or two with vinegar does the trick to reduce the smell.

I have never written a review on anything but after this experience i felt i had to so here's my story. I hope it helps.
My natural hair is a mousy brown but i have been dyeing it blonde for over ten years. About a month ago i decided to add some red highlights. Even though it was done professionally at a salon after a few days the red high lights turned sort of orange. Christmas was coming and i needed a QUICK fix so i ran to the drug store and purchased a brown dye to cover the orange. Horrible idea because instead of brown my entire head of hair turned dark red. Almost ronald mcdonald color. It was HORRIBLE. I googled to see my options and the reviews of this product were scary to say the least. I didn't have the time or the money to go fix it professionally so i made a trip to my local beauty supply store and purchased one n only color fix. After thinking for about a day i knew my hair couldn't be any worse. Omg i am so glad i did. I followed the directions and applied color fix. I couldn't believe it. All that horrible red was gone. The color left wasn't perfect but it was so much better. I did use step three unlike most of the other reviews ans it DID even the tone. I than used a deep conditioning treatment. Blew it dry and i had normal hair again. I than used a demi ash blond in my hair and the final result was FANTASIC. The vest dye color i have had in years. If i can do this anyone can. I hope this helps!

I have used this on two occasions about 4 years ago so this review is based off of my experience with it back then. I used to dye my hair black every 4 weeks or so for about 3 years and I decided I was tired of it and wanted lighter hair so I did a lot of research and this color remover sounded like it would work for me. I didn't use the last step of it because all the reviews I had read said that it will darken your hair again. The first time I used it I loved the color that my hair turned out after use and it was still in good condition also so that was a plus. It stayed that color until the next morning when I woke up and it was dark again. So I used it one more time and it darkened back to black again. I know this works for some people but not for me. Maybe I would try it again just because it is the only color remover that I have used that left my hair in the same condition as it was prior to use. The price is a little steep but if it works for you I would say it is totally worth it. If you go to a salon and they do a "color correction" they use color remover like this and they charge $100+ for it so....yeah. Maybe if I try it again I would make sure to rinse my hair for an extra long time so the color doesn't reoxidize.

on 4/3/2013 7:25:00 PM

PLEASE READ THIS :

First off, let me let people know, i am a honest reviewer.

This stuff works. It really does.

Ive been dying my blonde hair JET GOTH BLACK for years... this week i wanted to go red. i just got tired of the black.

after doing lots of review readings, i went and got loreal excellence hicolor red for dark hair, thinking "ok so i have dark hair right now itl cover over it" WRONG! it didnt take any red at all-- remained jet black. just as i figured, this stuff only works on natural hair colors, and my dyed black didnt take. still wanting red, i came to the conlusion its either BLEACHING IT or STRIPPING IT-- both of which are priced very $$$$$ at salons... went to sallys, and told the lady i wasnt comforatable doing bleach as i dont want to fry my hair to bits, she showed me this stuff.

first night, opened the kit. got a glass mixing bowl, meaasured half of the #1 bottle and half of #2 bottle, mixed. started applying all over my scalp first. (should of done that last) TO THE PEOPLE WHO READ THE REVIEWS ABOUT THIS HORRID SMELL.... IT IS NOT BAD AT ALL. PEOPLE ARE DRAMATIC. YEAH IT HAS A SULFER SMELL. IT HAS SUFER INGRIEDS. BUT HONESTLY WHAT HAIR PRODUCT DYE SMELLS PLEASENT? I HAD EXCEPTED SOME DEALTHY SMELL AFTER READING ALL THE REVIEWDS PRIOR TO USING IT, AND ONCE IT WAS ON MY HAIR, I WAS LIKE "THIS IS IT? THIS ISNT AS BAD AS WHAT REVIEWS SAID" soo.... dont be afraid of the smell. put a cap on, did a few heat blowing, waited a HOUR, then risned it with shampoo, water, conditioner, shampoo, water constantly risning. avoided the #3 bottle from everyone saying skip it...came out and was shocked--- from my scalp to my ears length, my hair was blonde/orange/red. WOW SO MUCH BLACK GONE. next morning when it was all dry, the lower ends still dark. got a 2nd box, did it a second night, making sure to focus on getting all my lengthy hair covered, same as first night amount of time. its srtill wet as i write this, i see that blonde/red/orange hint in the lengthy pieces.

people need to realize, this does as its advertised. it takes color pigments out-- what you get underneath may not be pretty- but hey, what do you accept after dying your hair? just put a new dye job over it-- like i will be doing next week after allowing healing time. btw- my hair wasnt damaged. not even dry at all-- doesnt damage,

I'm a natural blonde. Like ... a dirty ash blonde is my natural color. I got really sick of it one day. So I decide to dye my hair red. I used Revlon Burgundy 48 and later on Revlon Deep Burgundy 34, and switched between the two. I notice one day that both these colors while pretty, had more of a brown base to them. So! I'm looking online and see a review of Garnier's R3 Light Intense Auburn. Dazzled, I run out and buy two box dyes of this. Put it in my hair. WOW! Beautiful. Very pretty red color, very very red, but not too much like " in your face" red. Not like a Candy Apple Red, just a vibrant red! I'm liking this, and later on I decided to put black in my hair in the underneath part. It looked cool, and I will say this, I got more compliments on my hair any other time in my life than when my hair were these colors. Most people just said the red was awesome, but there were a few who noticed the black too. Anyway.. So I decided one day that even though I love the red and black in my hair ( emotional attachment lol), that I need to go back to blonde. You know, come back down to earth. I'll say this though, it was a month before I could really allow myself to say goodbye to the red and black. Anyway! I look up on the net how to change hair color as drastic as mine was, and color fix popped up a lot on my search. The price wasn't bad and so I went out to Sally's and got two boxes. Get back and take a few last pictures with my hair and then put the stuff on my hair. The stuff doesn't smell too bad, as I recall there are two bottles you have to mix in, the bottle with the clear mixture is the one that smells like bad eggs. The bottle with the white mixture doesn't smell bad. I think they purposely made the white mixture smell good so it equals out the clear mixture. Anyway so this stuff is on my hair, and I put a shower cap on and sit with it and watch TV for a while. About twenty minutes later I look at it, and the red is like a light copper color. I was impressed! But the black wasn't doing too much lol. So I rinse is out after like an hour. My hair is light copper on the top now, and dark brown on the bottom. Also I heard using the third step application could take it back to the color your hair was before so, I just forgot about that step. NOW! Let me tell you this! The lady at Sally's sucked me into buying Wella light blonde hair color, I put this stuff on my hair .. with a 40 developer, and it hurts really bad! :[ like burns! So I take it out ... well needless to say it didn't do much since it was on for like 5 minutes. The light copper stayed the same, BUT the dark brown ... as soon as that hair dye touched the dark brown it was back to black in seconds! I kidd you not! So I take the second box and put it my on again black hair . Doesn't really do much. The rest of the story is that I went and got Clairols Born Blonde Maxi and fixed it that way. Took my hair to medium brown, and I dyed the rest with Clairols Dark Medium Ash Blonde, and used three deep conditioners!
Basically, this stuff is good on hair that is red or maybe a medium brown and any lighter. If you have dyed black hair and want to use this, I would say go get a bleaching kit or go to a pro to get it lifted.

on 5/28/2012 4:11:00 PM

I just finished using this over the weekend, and I am happy with the results! I am a natural medium brown, but for the last 5 or 6 years, have been dyeing to a rich brown, or sometimes a dark ash brown, or even a dark neutral brown. I primarily used colorsilk, but have also done the garnier brass free medium brown (semi perm).

I left it on for 45 minutes, then rinsed for about 15 minutes. Shampooed 2x with neutrogena anti residue (the clear rectangular bottle), and rinsed that for another 10 minutes. I followed up with a porosity/protein filler and a deep conditioner, which I left on for 20 minutes. Then I rinsed for another 10 minutes (I know!). I put in some infusium after the final rinse.

I did this 2x on 2 separate days, I needed 2 treatments because my hair went back to dark in spots. It is now a sort of auburn brown color, close to my natural but slightly more reddish.

I think the key to success here is the shampoo/rinse routine. It is crucial to get ALL of the dye molecules out or else they re-oxidize and turn dark.

I also saw emerge, the highlights I had done, but dyed over a few years back! It will not remove bleach! And, it really works best if you have gone darker than your original color and just want to lighten it.If you have bule or pink or purple streaks done to your hair, you might get a funky result.

The final step 3 is just to show you where you have missed-kind of like those pink tablets you used to chew in the dentists office after brushing to show where you missed. It ismeant to be helpful and to save you from putting dye over an unfinished job and ending up dissapointed!!

on 5/15/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Good stuff. Have used it a few times with good results. The first time I used it, I was going from red (semi-permanent) back to blonde and it made my hair a light pinkish blonde, which I actually loved.. The 2nd time I was going from dyed black back to blonde and my hair turned a medium brassy blonde. Fairly close to my natural color but more orange. It is damaging, but much less so than bleaching your hair repeatedly. If you have realistic expectations, you should be fine. TIP: Skip the last step. It's pointless and will actually only re-darken your hair.
I should also add that you will more than likely have to DYE YOUR HAIR AFTER to get it to a good color. This will strip your dye out, but probably turn it very brassy/orangey. THIS PRODUCT IS MADE TO RESTORE YOUR HAIR TO A DYE-ABLE STATE. So you use this, then you can dye your hair whatever color you want.

on 3/14/2012 9:37:00 PM

okay, so i was REALLY skeptical about this product from the start because of all the reviews i've read on various sites about it..

I HAD dyed (permanent) bright red, little mermaid hair. and it made my skin look even more pale than i already am. so i had to change it. (I am a natural blonde)
so i bought this product at Sally's, and i used it for the first time tonight!

Let me just tell you, this stuff WORKS! i applied it to my whole head, with dry hair, and it turned my roots to my (almost) natural color - dirty blonde!
However, it did make my ends a purplish violet color, but i suppose that is from the bright red.

I applied it once, rinsed, towel dried, than applied it for a 2nd time. the second time didn't do too much more, though.

For this product, please follow the instructions inside the box!!!!
Oh, and this stuff smells like week old rotten eggs! yuck!!!! open windows or use a vent or something lol once you use it you'll smell what i mean lol

recap - this product lightened my roots very quickly, but the ends are just faded really really light from the permanent color I used.

Remember, even tho this isn't bleach, its still a chemical you are depositing into your hair.
DEEP CONDITION as much as possible to put the moisture back into your hair!

on 10/4/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

ok so this product is best left to the brave hearted and who can afford to be supprised
my experience
my hair is naturally dirty blonde
been sporting some pretty flattering marcia cross red hair for a year but was tired on maintenance soo...
i had got my hair professionally dyed to what i requested be a light/med brown..well the stylist ended up leaving 1/2 way thru the dye job &after being passed around to 3 different stylists in the course of my dye job i end up over 2 hours later walking on with almost black hair!..yes they left me sitting there under the heat hood for WAY to long...after being given run around of gettin a color fix ( couldnt book me in for a week!) i picked up color fix at sallys.
first application turned by unflattering black hair to a strawberry blonde color albeit sorta more orange than i wanted so put in a neutral blonde dye and MY HAIR WENT BACK TO BLACK !?!?so i tried a second application of color fix the same day and my hair color didnt even budge from black , so a week later..
i tried a boxed hair lightening color from loreal and it didnt even phase my hair color at all and then i was scared how ever will i get rid of this black?
a few weeks later since then i have successfully lightened it quite a few shades to a med brown using vitamin c powder in shampoo 1:2 left on for 1/2 hour.. colorfix no thank u i will stick with the tried and true and CHEAPER homemade fix