Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

4.5

on 4/26/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It works. The Sally's worker suggested I use this instead of bleaching to remove bright bright red I have been dying my hair for about 9 months now. I used loreal hi color & although I loved it, I'm over it & would like to get back to the honey/dirty blonde that I naturally had. I have shoulder length naturally curly hair & had to use 1/2 the bottle. I mixed it in my mixing bowl. Put on gloves & a cape & saturated my hair. It stinks like a perm FYI. Left it on for about 1/2 hr, shampooed & conditioned & it wasn't as light as I wanted so I repeated the process as suggested in my damp hair. It worked the second time around. After I rinsed it well, I applied the processing liquid. Left it in as directed then washed & conditioned. It's orangey & now I'm going to dye it ash blonde. Hoping that works out for me. I bought it for around $15. Packaging is kinda sucky cuz the liquid doesn't squirt out easily. I really had to work at it to get it out. It stinks like a perm but overall it worked & I reccomend it if you're trying to get stubborn color out of hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

One N Only Colorfix is developed to remove oxidative dyes. Since most semipermanent colors are combination of direct dyes and oxidative dyes, Colorfix may only partially remove these.

This is clearly stated on the box. Make sure you do your research and read the instructions clearly before you write a negative review. If you tried to use this on semi-permanent color and it didn't work, the product is not at fault, this product is specifically made for permanent dyes only!!

on 8/5/2010 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have a box of this at home - just in case there is a hair dye disaster! This works great, but smells bad. It is the only thing that I will use to remove hair color. It is a little drying, but as long as you deep condition after, it is fine. I sometimes use it mixed with shampoo (directions for slight color correction in the box). This helps when my hair is looking too dark or ashy at the ends. Otherwise, the full color correction does really work. I have used it both ways. I skip the final processing step which I know a lot of other people do also. I do feel that this final step though is probably important for the porosity of the hair and for even hair dye correction. I used my own ion pre color treatment before re-dying my hair and it still came out great. Your hair will definitely take faster and darker, so when re-coloring after this you should go lighter and watch your hair color process time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I used this product two days in a row in hopes of getting rid of my black and red hair dye and possibly lightening to a medium brown. I had to use two boxes each time because I have really long hair which is also super, super thick. When I used the first two products I was amazed at how all of the black hair dye was removed. My hair was left a burgundy-brown but the ends of my hair were bright red. My hair was also super soft and silky, which was really surprising. The next day I used it again in hopes of getting rid of the red, but it instead made my hair a very bright orange-red. I was really scared that the red would be too powerful to color over with a hairdye. My initial goal was to lighten my hair to a noticeable light brown or medium brown. When I redyed my hair, I used Schwarzkopf Igora Royal in shades 6-0 and 7-0. I was scared of buying a hair dye that was too dark because I didn't want my hair to turn dark again, but I was also afraid of buying something that was too light and not cover the crazy red color I had. I had to buy four boxes so that I could cover all of my hair. I used 20 volume peroxide with the dye as well. I left the dye on for about 20 minutes and was shocked at how dark my hair had become. Sadly, it looks the same as it did before I removed any of the color. I am pretty disappointed as I spent around $100 on all of these products and had no noticeable difference as a result. The only positive is that my hair actually feels silkier and softer and not damaged at all. I'm not sure how my hair will look when I wash it and when the dye begins to fade. I'm hoping it will turn into a lighter shade of brown. I'm really scared that the powerful red color I have underneath will begin to peek through. Another positive result that came from the color remover is that it made my face framing blonde highlights much brighter and lighter. It removed any brassiness my highlights had.