Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
 Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

on 9/18/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I used Color Fix on my hair yesterday, I had a permanent medium ash brown hair color that turned completely dark brown/black, did the shampoo method and It worked like a charm, left it on for 1hr 20 minutes, washed with clarifying shampoo for a while, then with regular shampoo and deep conditioned with Feria conditioner, color came out a super cute ginger light brown, I guess because I used the shampoo method it really didn't stink too much, to me smelled more like compost than sulfur, not pleasant but I don't care since this product performed a true miracle. I have my hair covered in coconut oil and I am leaving it alone for one week before I recolor.
EDIT: four days later and my hair darkened from light ginger brown to medium ash brown, my roots were on the brassy-orangy side and now they have darkened and are less obvious, I tried to color my hair but the swatch came back super dark, went two levels down but will have to go four levels down if I want to recolor, I might do the back again because I still see too much dark hair on that area, hair still feels the same, not even split ends, smells like wet dog when wet and the texture feels like when you leave too much conditioner.
EDIT: Color got darker than a week ago but no black or dark brown in sight, noticed that I've been loosing a lot of hair and I am thankful that I only did the shampoo version of this, my hair feels extremely dry and won't recolor it.
Ended up recoloring because it was three different colors, dark ash blonde on the length and light ash brown on the roots, came one shade darker than I normally like.

on 4/27/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried severeal color removers in the last 10 years and this is an okay one, but I had better results with Oops Color Remover. This comes in separate bottles and can be used for a little spot or large sections. Which means you can use some and then save it. Oops isn't like that.

However, Oops seemed to work better at removing the color and not drying it out as badly as this one did. They're about the same price.

on 5/15/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Good stuff. Have used it a few times with good results. The first time I used it, I was going from red (semi-permanent) back to blonde and it made my hair a light pinkish blonde, which I actually loved.. The 2nd time I was going from dyed black back to blonde and my hair turned a medium brassy blonde. Fairly close to my natural color but more orange. It is damaging, but much less so than bleaching your hair repeatedly. If you have realistic expectations, you should be fine. TIP: Skip the last step. It's pointless and will actually only re-darken your hair.
I should also add that you will more than likely have to DYE YOUR HAIR AFTER to get it to a good color. This will strip your dye out, but probably turn it very brassy/orangey. THIS PRODUCT IS MADE TO RESTORE YOUR HAIR TO A DYE-ABLE STATE. So you use this, then you can dye your hair whatever color you want.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to have platinum colored hair and when I couldn't afford to go to the salon to keep up the color any longer I dyed it a dark blonde myself. Fast forward a year and about 40 different brownish to dark brown to red dyes later and I was left with a dark almost black reddish color. I ended up going to a salon before my college graduation to get it all evened out. She left me with a dark cherry color which was pretty but way too stark for my features.

I read a lot about Color Fix and decided to try it. I bought it at Sally's for around $12. I got home and went to work on my hair. I put the mixture on my hair and then put on a processing cap to speed up the results. The instructions allow you to do 3 processes in the same day for 20 minutes a piece. After the first process my hair was an oddly pretty strawberry blonde! It was shiny, pretty even and pretty! I had some spots of darkish color left so I went through one more time and it lightened up even more! It was awesome! I didn't use the processing lotion either, just in case. I did immediately put on a L'Oreal Feria color in a light brown. Perfect!

I have had a little trouble keeping the color in, much like when I first dyed my blonde hair brown. I had to re-dye it today due to my roots becoming so light (my hair is naturally light brown/mousey blonde).

Overall I have not noticed any difference in my hair damage wise. This product was absolutely amazing for me! I was able to go from basically black to light brown in a day! Much better than bleach! Watch out though, it smells like rotten hard boiled eggs. It's well worth it though! I will totally go to this product again if I need to!

on 1/29/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was great when I needed home color correction - it always did a fabulous job of removing artificial color easily & fully from my hair(depending on how long I left it on - once I fell alseep for 2 hrs with it on & nothing adverse happened to my hair, it's surprisingly GENTLE, albeit very smelly). It never damaged my hair but left it in respectable condition (considering that I was a colorholic), & was able to recolor my hair immediately afterward.

I got the kit from Folica for $16 & I didn't need to use the liquid lotion (which I think is peroxide), just the foul-smelling pigment remover gel. Instructions are straightforward & I never worry about losing the instructions b/c they're printed directly on the inside of the box.

The rotten-egg sulfur smell is nasty but the results make it totally worthwhile. I don't know if this is still sold on the market, it's been several yrs since I last used it. The last time I had to strip my hair of dark color I used Color Oops! from the drugstore for $13 which was a new product that came out & did just as good a job & was much simpler to use (just like mixing together any drugstore haircolor). So I liked Color Oops! a lot too.

ONO Color Fix is much better IMO but also more difficult to measure (you have to mix up specific quantities in a bowl & buy your own applicator supplies, use a non-metallic bowl, etc)....but it's not really hard work...all you need is some common sense & a little faith that it will work.

Keep in mind it's made to remove only artificial pigment put in by haircoloring - it won't return your hair to your natural pre-colored state, you will have hair that is partially unpigmented & likely in the brassy yellow-orange range. It doesn't remove whatever is left of your own natural pigment, so you won't have bleached white hair (unless you previously completely bleached it out on purpose). You have to recolor. But now you'll have a fresh canvas for the new color that will come out clean, not muddy. I've learned from experience if you use a lighter color over a previous darker color, it won't re-lighten the hair like it would have on virgin hair. That's what Color Fix is for - to remove the old pigment so you can put on different pigment, particularly when it's lighter in color. Artificial pigment...what a crazy invention...drives us nuts. Color Fix to the rescue.

on 11/23/2008 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have had my hair jet blue black for going on 7 years after a huge hair disaster with streaks at a hair salon which left my hair 6 inches shorter!! I decided that it was easy for me to do and looked great. Anyway for the last year or so I have been really wanting my hair to be a super dark brown/black as I was feeling like the jet blk was starting to look a little harsh...I just wanted to bring my hair color down to a med/dark brown nothing drastic and nothing too damaging but from the tramatic streak experience I was not about to go to a salon to get it done! Anyway I fell onto Folica's website about color fix and read through almost all the reviews which got me excited to give it a shot! I recieved it 2 days later at my door and did a strand test immediatly!

For my full head I mixed:
1 ounce of bottle # 1
1 ounce of bottle #2
1 ounce of shampoo

latherd it into my hair and left it for 30 minutes...it left my roots a med brown and from mid shaft down blk still, so then I mixed:

1 ounce of bottle #1
1 ounce of bottle #2

and put it on the still blk hair for an hour...bam it was all even!! Down to a dark mahogany brown. Then I decided to do the first mix again and left it for 30 minutes and now my hair is a med brown with my roots a tad lighter which is fine! I am going to wait a week to dye it again for fear of uneven coloring on the ends.

I recommend putting K Pack deep reconsructor onto the hair everyday for a half hr to 'fill' in the porous area's, it's a miracle worker! Sorry for the long post but try it!~ It is incredibly gentle! Even for my super duper fine hair!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Garbage!!! Complete waste of my time and gave me false hope I'd get the dye out! So I had made the mistake of coloring my beautifully salon colored blonde hair with a warm #4. I thought I was getting dark brown.... no.... she made me black. It looked awful but I gave it a good four months or so thinking it would fade. After months of waiting and missing my light hair all I had faded to was a very muddy shade of dark brown. I decided to try Color Fix based on the reviews and wow, what I waste. I followed the instructions perfectly and did the application for full color removal. I skipped the processing lotion based on other reviews I'd read here. I was sooo happy when this product left my hair a light orange like others said it would. I decided to give my hair a few days to recoup before applying an all over color to cancel out the orange. Well, guess what, in three days my hair completely darkened back up to that nasty dark reddish brown. Notice I mentioned I did NOT use the processing lotion. I have no clue what went wrong seeing as how I did not wash my hair or touch it with any products during those three days. I was so bummed to be back to that nasty dark shade. I am completely mystified how some have had awesome results with this product but I ended up dark all over again without even messing with my hair. So pretty much it was a waste of me.

Now... fast forward to the present.... I decided I'd leave it up to the professionals. I went to the salon and the girl used L'Oreals hair color remover on me and wow, what a difference. We highlighted and colored over the stripped orange hair the same night and my hair has NOT redarkened. I would definitely recommend L'Oreal's product over ColorFix.

The good thing about Color Fix was it didn't trash my hair. It felt slightly dryer than normal but a good conditioning mask took care of that problem. I wouldn't suggest it though if your hair is already very damaged (as in very dry, brittle, breaking, etc). If your hair is already pretty damaged I'd go see a professional because they can assess just how much more chemicals your hair can take!

Oh, and Color Fix will NOT give you your natural hair color back. That's impossible. The dyes you use chemically alter the pigments in your hair. You will be left with some sort of orange/red color that you will need to cancel out with the appropriate shade of haircolor. Consult the color wheel (or better yet, a pro) for this!