Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

on 3/22/2016 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This product works!

I've been dyeing my hair blue black demi-perm (Ion) for about 2 years now. I was so tired of the black i stopped dyeing for 6 months hoping the color would fade. It didnt. I first tried L'Oreal Excellence HiColor HiLights (recommended to me from others who had black perm color hair), It did nothing, my hair was exactly the same. My goal was to get it to at least a dark brown, i just didn't want the harsh black anymore.

I picked up Colorfix at Sallys, waited about a week after using L'Oreal. I left it on for 20 mins, used low heat on my blow dryer, and it lighten it to a brownish red color. I was so pleased and shocked. Reading reviews ALOT of people say it does not work on demi-perm dyes. But it did for me. My hair is very fine and long. I had minimal damage, if any at all.

The smell is not as bad (to me) as everyone says it is. Although my sister thought the smell was horrifying. Guess it depends on the person!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a colorist and I have to say to everyone that's saying step 3 darkens your hair : *facepalm* !! . So if you read the directions properly, step 3 is basically a developer. You know, the white stuff you white stuff you mix with color to make it work? The reason it's turning your hair dark is because it shows you if the color has been removed. If it's still too dark, as the instructions state, you must repeat steps 1 and 2 until all color is removed. When you add step 3 and you see that it darkens very little or not at all, that's how you know the color molecules are all gone!

I've seen some seriously pointless reviews of people complaining about this product because they did not research it enough.
A couple of things:
1. ONLY WORKS ON COLOR TREATED HAIR
2. IT WILL NO MATTER WHAT TURN YOU HAIR ORANGE-Y
3. YOUR HAIR WILL DARKEN A LITTLE BIT OVER A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER USING IT

I have pretty thin, and very fine long hair, that was dyed dark brown(almost black) for about 8 years. I am naturally a level 6 or 7 (ash blonde, had highlights).

I used this product three times within 2-3 weeks ish. MINIMAL damage BUT I did use a lot of hair masks between uses and after. (My hair dresser was surprised how undamaged it was)

After the first use, my hair went from almost black(level 2-1) to a super orangey light-medium brown(level 4-3) It was very uneven as I had a lot of build up on my ends and now I would definitely apply it to my ends first and then after sometime to the rest of my hair.

I did not use the third step out of fear of my hair re-darkening, HOWEVER it did re-darken somewhat over a couple of days but nothing even close to my almost black hair.

After 2 more uses my hair was an orange about level 5 at my crown and a level 4 the rest of my hair. NOW, my purpose was to dye bright red over it so I did not care that it was orange. BUT if you want to go blonde YOU NEED TO CANCEL OUT THE ORANGE WITH A TONER. Do not think that this will give you blonde hair or nice light brown hair. So please stop complaining about it, it's a part of the process. I think if i was not dying my hair red, and had the intention to go back to my ash blonde I would get pretty close after toning it.

Another plus about this product is that there is a LOT of it. I only needed one box of this per session and my hair is down to bellow my armpits.

That being said, now 6 months later I will be now re-purchasing this to start my process of going blonde.

on 4/26/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It works. The Sally's worker suggested I use this instead of bleaching to remove bright bright red I have been dying my hair for about 9 months now. I used loreal hi color & although I loved it, I'm over it & would like to get back to the honey/dirty blonde that I naturally had. I have shoulder length naturally curly hair & had to use 1/2 the bottle. I mixed it in my mixing bowl. Put on gloves & a cape & saturated my hair. It stinks like a perm FYI. Left it on for about 1/2 hr, shampooed & conditioned & it wasn't as light as I wanted so I repeated the process as suggested in my damp hair. It worked the second time around. After I rinsed it well, I applied the processing liquid. Left it in as directed then washed & conditioned. It's orangey & now I'm going to dye it ash blonde. Hoping that works out for me. I bought it for around $15. Packaging is kinda sucky cuz the liquid doesn't squirt out easily. I really had to work at it to get it out. It stinks like a perm but overall it worked & I reccomend it if you're trying to get stubborn color out of hair.

on 4/19/2014 5:49:00 PM

This product works really well. Make sure you follow the steps. My natural hair color is a light brown, and I have been dyeing it dark brown for 10 plus years. I got really tired of my hair being so dark. I really wanted it lighter and warmer. So I did a lot of research and found the one n only color fix. I read a lot of reviews and most them were very poditive. So I figured that if it did not work, I can at least dye it dark again. The first time I tried it, I followed all of the steps, but I left out step 3, the dreaded processing lotion. My hair turned a light to medium brown, but it darkened back to dark brown over the next few days. So I seems like no matter if you use the processing lotion or not, if your hair still has color in it, it will darken either way. After giving my hair a 2 week break, I decided to try again. I ended up reoeating the process 2 more times, including step 3!!! Which did not darken my hair. It just toned it. I assuming that this means that all of the color was removed. My hair came out really light. I was amazed. I was debating on keeping it that way, i really wanted to dye it. I was so scared, but after much research, I went for it. I applied some protein filler for 20 minutes, and applied a demi permenant lvl 9 neutral gold blonde( yes a blonde) dye for 5 min only. Any longer and it would have turned too dark. Now my hair is a golden light brown, and I am so super happy with it. A few more tips: rinse, rinse, and rinse and wash your hair with clarifying shampoo. I also applied heat during the third time.
Hope this helps.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

One N Only Colorfix is developed to remove oxidative dyes. Since most semipermanent colors are combination of direct dyes and oxidative dyes, Colorfix may only partially remove these.

This is clearly stated on the box. Make sure you do your research and read the instructions clearly before you write a negative review. If you tried to use this on semi-permanent color and it didn't work, the product is not at fault, this product is specifically made for permanent dyes only!!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Let me begin by saying that I am the pickiest human being ever when it comes to beauty products. With that said, I had a hot minute love affair with bright red Rihanna hair, and once I was over it, I wanted it out of my hair ASAP! They say red fades fast, but that's not the case when you want the color out and fast. I have naturally brown hair with red under tones. Due to a few greys, I started dying my hair a number 4 brown, so it was pretty dark. This past winter I went to a jet black, and when that faded, I went back to brown. About 4 months ago I got sick of the brown and wanted a change. I ombred my hair which turned into a brassy orange tone to it. A month later I got sick of that and that's when I decided to go BRIGHT red. I did A LOT of research and decided to try L'Oreal's hi-color in intense auburn. Wasn't very impressed. Although it deposited red, is was still a dark red and I wanted a vibrant in your face red. Then I decided to do a plum color, so I mixed red and plum dye together. Again, not much change. I finally decided to bleach my hair so the color would not only be bright, but it would also take the color. Big mistake obviously. My hair now was BRIGHT orange and awful. Trying to darken it, I decided to dye it mahogany. Again, the color just wasn't what I liked. So finally, I decided to bleach the hair again to get the red out. I know, I'm CRAZY and I do NOT recommend bleaching ur hair in order to "strip it". So then I decided to give Color Fix a try and was very skeptical bc I had dyed it so many times and I figured the red wouldn't come out. I read a LOT about Color fix and decided I had nothing to lose. I mixed half of each bottle 1:1 and let it set in my hair for 20min as directed. I wrapped my hair with the plastic bag that comes with it, and at 15min, took a blow dryer to heat and process the product up faster. Of course I didn't freak that it was bright yellow, but was shocked to see ALL the red was gone! Nothing ran in the sink, and surprisingly, my hair felt so much smoother!!!! I also decided to use the last step that many skip and it toned down the yellow dramatically. I read that it darkens your hair, which was fine by me since I was planning to go back to a medium brown. I couldn't believe how much this product worked! The smell wasn't too bad, after all, it's chemicals that you're using. I highly recommend this product for anyone who has made a color mistake, and also recommend you do the last step bc it prepares the hair to accept the hair dye u plan using after. Please note that my hair was bright yellow simply bc I had bleach under the red dye and it restored to the color is was since bleach can't be taken out of hair.

I am very impressed with this product. This was my second time using it and not once has it failed me. The very first time I tryed it was when I dyed my hair a very dark black!! (Stupid of me) it removed the horrible black out of my hair and turned it into a light brown. I recently dyed my hair with a really dark brown and disliked it...so I wanted to go about one shade lighter. I purchased colorfix from sallys beauty supplies. It comes in a small kit with 3 products. this is what I did: I mixed the bottles "step 1" and "step 2" together in small cup and stirred them for about one minute. Then I placed it all over my hair and left it on for only 15 minutes since I only wanted to go like one shade lighter. I covered my hair with a plastic bag since heat helps the product work best. Please keep in mind that you should check for color change every 5 mins or so. I first tried it on a small strand of hair. It works really quickly!! 15 mins worked great for me. ONE IMPORTANT THING IS TO NOT USE "STEP 3" WHICH IS THE "PROCESSING LOTION" THIS STEP WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR DARK!!!! But anyways! My results are great!! I was left with a really light brown. No damage to my hair whats so ever!! Though I did notice less shine!!! Or maybe that was just me. But since my hair was left with an even light brown I was able to dye over it with a more caramel brown!!! which looks very pretty and gave me my shiny hair back! I'm so satisfied with my hair now. Just to make sure my hair wasn't damaged or anything from all my previous dying I used my macadamia oil!! ^_^ soft, shiny beautiful results!!

on 4/26/2013 6:36:00 PM

To summarize: Dyed my hair red, which turned coppery orange at roots and horrible discoloration all over. Next day I bought One n' Only color fix and it saved the day.

READ THE TIPS BELOW!!! I realized a few key things people seem to have missed who have also reviewed this.

First of all, I have been dying my hair a light auburn for YEARS. I love the color and maintain it every 4-6 weeks. On a whim I dared to try a different product (Olia by Garnier - horrible decision) recommended by a friend. The result was an over-developed orange/coppery hairline with patchy stranded hair all over. My hair was four different shades of red/orange/copper all over! Some spots didn't even take to the color including the roots at my widows peak. Talk about horrifying.

Devastated, I sought the help of a hair stripper to subdue and reverse the results of a botched dye job. I read many reviews and decided to go with L'oreal's Color Zap. When I was at the store I saw this other brand and compared the two. One 'n Only sounded more like what I required.

The smell was tolerable, but not pleasant. I wasn't in it for the aroma, I wanted my roots back to normal. Low and behold: it worked!!!! My hair is lighter where the roots were excessively copperish, but overall it worked as described. It worked so well I came here promptly to share.

TIP 1: Do not leave in over 20 minutes. They say this for a reason. Your hair will lighten then discolor if you do so.

TIP 2: Work in quickly. Product is "less effective overtime" as stated on the instructions.

TIP 3: Work product into hair in layers. Save roots for last and massage into scalp with finger tips.

TIP 4: Wear gloves and have a wash rag available for cleaning any areas around neck or shoulders. Any small cuts will burn as I found put.

on 4/3/2013 7:25:00 PM

PLEASE READ THIS :

First off, let me let people know, i am a honest reviewer.

This stuff works. It really does.

Ive been dying my blonde hair JET GOTH BLACK for years... this week i wanted to go red. i just got tired of the black.

after doing lots of review readings, i went and got loreal excellence hicolor red for dark hair, thinking "ok so i have dark hair right now itl cover over it" WRONG! it didnt take any red at all-- remained jet black. just as i figured, this stuff only works on natural hair colors, and my dyed black didnt take. still wanting red, i came to the conlusion its either BLEACHING IT or STRIPPING IT-- both of which are priced very $$$$$ at salons... went to sallys, and told the lady i wasnt comforatable doing bleach as i dont want to fry my hair to bits, she showed me this stuff.

first night, opened the kit. got a glass mixing bowl, meaasured half of the #1 bottle and half of #2 bottle, mixed. started applying all over my scalp first. (should of done that last) TO THE PEOPLE WHO READ THE REVIEWS ABOUT THIS HORRID SMELL.... IT IS NOT BAD AT ALL. PEOPLE ARE DRAMATIC. YEAH IT HAS A SULFER SMELL. IT HAS SUFER INGRIEDS. BUT HONESTLY WHAT HAIR PRODUCT DYE SMELLS PLEASENT? I HAD EXCEPTED SOME DEALTHY SMELL AFTER READING ALL THE REVIEWDS PRIOR TO USING IT, AND ONCE IT WAS ON MY HAIR, I WAS LIKE "THIS IS IT? THIS ISNT AS BAD AS WHAT REVIEWS SAID" soo.... dont be afraid of the smell. put a cap on, did a few heat blowing, waited a HOUR, then risned it with shampoo, water, conditioner, shampoo, water constantly risning. avoided the #3 bottle from everyone saying skip it...came out and was shocked--- from my scalp to my ears length, my hair was blonde/orange/red. WOW SO MUCH BLACK GONE. next morning when it was all dry, the lower ends still dark. got a 2nd box, did it a second night, making sure to focus on getting all my lengthy hair covered, same as first night amount of time. its srtill wet as i write this, i see that blonde/red/orange hint in the lengthy pieces.

people need to realize, this does as its advertised. it takes color pigments out-- what you get underneath may not be pretty- but hey, what do you accept after dying your hair? just put a new dye job over it-- like i will be doing next week after allowing healing time. btw- my hair wasnt damaged. not even dry at all-- doesnt damage,