Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

3.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this stuff back in February my hair was dyed black and I wanted it to go back to my natural brown color.. I had to do it twice but I worked perfectly fine. FYI the smell was like rotten eggs though. Anyway I waited a month before I decided to go get my highlights after using this product well I went to get blonde highlight and this stuff reacted with the blonde and my hair literally started smoking in the salon! I thought it was going to catch fire the foil was so hot it burned blisters in my scalp which I had to to the hospital for also burned my hair dressers hand through her rubber gloves!! It fried my hair so bad I had to get three inches cut off the length plus I had to get layers and bangs just to get out all the broken off peices!!! I do not recommend this product to anyone! And also I will be taking legal action for all my blisters that are oozing on my scalp! And for all the pain I'm in!! DO NOT EVER USE THIS PRODUCT!!

on 3/22/2016 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This product works!

I've been dyeing my hair blue black demi-perm (Ion) for about 2 years now. I was so tired of the black i stopped dyeing for 6 months hoping the color would fade. It didnt. I first tried L'Oreal Excellence HiColor HiLights (recommended to me from others who had black perm color hair), It did nothing, my hair was exactly the same. My goal was to get it to at least a dark brown, i just didn't want the harsh black anymore.

I picked up Colorfix at Sallys, waited about a week after using L'Oreal. I left it on for 20 mins, used low heat on my blow dryer, and it lighten it to a brownish red color. I was so pleased and shocked. Reading reviews ALOT of people say it does not work on demi-perm dyes. But it did for me. My hair is very fine and long. I had minimal damage, if any at all.

The smell is not as bad (to me) as everyone says it is. Although my sister thought the smell was horrifying. Guess it depends on the person!

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Love this stuff, I always do steps 1 & 2 but rarely use the developer (step 3) it works like a charm. Only reasons for 4 stars is the smell!! Takes a while to get out of your hair, I can smell it really bad for a few days, especially when I sweat. A rinse or two with vinegar does the trick to reduce the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a colorist and I have to say to everyone that's saying step 3 darkens your hair : *facepalm* !! . So if you read the directions properly, step 3 is basically a developer. You know, the white stuff you white stuff you mix with color to make it work? The reason it's turning your hair dark is because it shows you if the color has been removed. If it's still too dark, as the instructions state, you must repeat steps 1 and 2 until all color is removed. When you add step 3 and you see that it darkens very little or not at all, that's how you know the color molecules are all gone!

I have never written a review on anything but after this experience i felt i had to so here's my story. I hope it helps.
My natural hair is a mousy brown but i have been dyeing it blonde for over ten years. About a month ago i decided to add some red highlights. Even though it was done professionally at a salon after a few days the red high lights turned sort of orange. Christmas was coming and i needed a QUICK fix so i ran to the drug store and purchased a brown dye to cover the orange. Horrible idea because instead of brown my entire head of hair turned dark red. Almost ronald mcdonald color. It was HORRIBLE. I googled to see my options and the reviews of this product were scary to say the least. I didn't have the time or the money to go fix it professionally so i made a trip to my local beauty supply store and purchased one n only color fix. After thinking for about a day i knew my hair couldn't be any worse. Omg i am so glad i did. I followed the directions and applied color fix. I couldn't believe it. All that horrible red was gone. The color left wasn't perfect but it was so much better. I did use step three unlike most of the other reviews ans it DID even the tone. I than used a deep conditioning treatment. Blew it dry and i had normal hair again. I than used a demi ash blond in my hair and the final result was FANTASIC. The vest dye color i have had in years. If i can do this anyone can. I hope this helps!

on 10/6/2014 12:13:00 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I have used Color Oops before several times with no results, then I saw ColorFix when I was searching a way to get rid of my black hair.
For 3 years, Ive been dying my hair black monthly. Im sick of dying it over and over again even tho I absolutely hate the color. ONCE YOU GO BLACK, YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK!! I should have listened to this and never dyed my hair black lol.

Anyways, I bought two boxes of ColorFix last week but I was too lazy to use it until yesterday morning.
I left it on my hair for 30mins without cap and used blow dryer at last 5 mins, I rinsed and shampooed with clarifying shampoo for 8 times in total 15mins of washing, plus the conditioning part I was in shower for 40mins, about to die from heat.
My roots were orange and rest of my hair was medium red brown, and I was really pleased with the results. I skipped the 3rd bottle application because I didn't want to lose the color.
Well I was wrong, by the time it was 10pm my hair was already getting darker, like my ends were dark brown already.
And this morning, I have red roots and black ends.
I donno how else I can wash my hair to eliminate darkening, I think I washed it enough. I see some people have reviews saying that they washed for 5mins and got great results.

I'm gonna try it again tonight, and shower for two hours and hope it doesn't darken :)

on 9/18/2014 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I used Color Fix on my hair yesterday, I had a permanent medium ash brown hair color that turned completely dark brown/black, did the shampoo method and It worked like a charm, left it on for 1hr 20 minutes, washed with clarifying shampoo for a while, then with regular shampoo and deep conditioned with Feria conditioner, color came out a super cute ginger light brown, I guess because I used the shampoo method it really didn't stink too much, to me smelled more like compost than sulfur, not pleasant but I don't care since this product performed a true miracle. I have my hair covered in coconut oil and I am leaving it alone for one week before I recolor.
EDIT: four days later and my hair darkened from light ginger brown to medium ash brown, my roots were on the brassy-orangy side and now they have darkened and are less obvious, I tried to color my hair but the swatch came back super dark, went two levels down but will have to go four levels down if I want to recolor, I might do the back again because I still see too much dark hair on that area, hair still feels the same, not even split ends, smells like wet dog when wet and the texture feels like when you leave too much conditioner.
EDIT: Color got darker than a week ago but no black or dark brown in sight, noticed that I've been loosing a lot of hair and I am thankful that I only did the shampoo version of this, my hair feels extremely dry and won't recolor it.
Ended up recoloring because it was three different colors, dark ash blonde on the length and light ash brown on the roots, came one shade darker than I normally like.

I've seen some seriously pointless reviews of people complaining about this product because they did not research it enough.
A couple of things:
1. ONLY WORKS ON COLOR TREATED HAIR
2. IT WILL NO MATTER WHAT TURN YOU HAIR ORANGE-Y
3. YOUR HAIR WILL DARKEN A LITTLE BIT OVER A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER USING IT

I have pretty thin, and very fine long hair, that was dyed dark brown(almost black) for about 8 years. I am naturally a level 6 or 7 (ash blonde, had highlights).

I used this product three times within 2-3 weeks ish. MINIMAL damage BUT I did use a lot of hair masks between uses and after. (My hair dresser was surprised how undamaged it was)

After the first use, my hair went from almost black(level 2-1) to a super orangey light-medium brown(level 4-3) It was very uneven as I had a lot of build up on my ends and now I would definitely apply it to my ends first and then after sometime to the rest of my hair.

I did not use the third step out of fear of my hair re-darkening, HOWEVER it did re-darken somewhat over a couple of days but nothing even close to my almost black hair.

After 2 more uses my hair was an orange about level 5 at my crown and a level 4 the rest of my hair. NOW, my purpose was to dye bright red over it so I did not care that it was orange. BUT if you want to go blonde YOU NEED TO CANCEL OUT THE ORANGE WITH A TONER. Do not think that this will give you blonde hair or nice light brown hair. So please stop complaining about it, it's a part of the process. I think if i was not dying my hair red, and had the intention to go back to my ash blonde I would get pretty close after toning it.

Another plus about this product is that there is a LOT of it. I only needed one box of this per session and my hair is down to bellow my armpits.

That being said, now 6 months later I will be now re-purchasing this to start my process of going blonde.

on 4/27/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried severeal color removers in the last 10 years and this is an okay one, but I had better results with Oops Color Remover. This comes in separate bottles and can be used for a little spot or large sections. Which means you can use some and then save it. Oops isn't like that.

However, Oops seemed to work better at removing the color and not drying it out as badly as this one did. They're about the same price.

on 4/26/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It works. The Sally's worker suggested I use this instead of bleaching to remove bright bright red I have been dying my hair for about 9 months now. I used loreal hi color & although I loved it, I'm over it & would like to get back to the honey/dirty blonde that I naturally had. I have shoulder length naturally curly hair & had to use 1/2 the bottle. I mixed it in my mixing bowl. Put on gloves & a cape & saturated my hair. It stinks like a perm FYI. Left it on for about 1/2 hr, shampooed & conditioned & it wasn't as light as I wanted so I repeated the process as suggested in my damp hair. It worked the second time around. After I rinsed it well, I applied the processing liquid. Left it in as directed then washed & conditioned. It's orangey & now I'm going to dye it ash blonde. Hoping that works out for me. I bought it for around $15. Packaging is kinda sucky cuz the liquid doesn't squirt out easily. I really had to work at it to get it out. It stinks like a perm but overall it worked & I reccomend it if you're trying to get stubborn color out of hair.