Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

Filtered by age: 19-24
 Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My natural hair color is blonde and I’ve been dying it black and dark brown for the past year and also blue the year prior. I’ve been trying to lighten my hair for so long and heard about this so I thought to give it a try. I put on my hair twice and it made my hair a very light auburn red hair and it was actually really pretty color. I was so happy because my hair hadn’t been that light in years. After it was dry I put coconut oil in it for a few hours and washed it out. Well after it dryed it was so much darker! Like a medium-light brown. (No I didn’t use the part 3).
I heard your hair could darken a little after use but this was a very drastic change. My hair is still a lot light then before but I’m really upset about how much it darken. I guess I’m gonna try it again next week and see how it goes on another go round. 🙃😤

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this stuff back in February my hair was dyed black and I wanted it to go back to my natural brown color.. I had to do it twice but I worked perfectly fine. FYI the smell was like rotten eggs though. Anyway I waited a month before I decided to go get my highlights after using this product well I went to get blonde highlight and this stuff reacted with the blonde and my hair literally started smoking in the salon! I thought it was going to catch fire the foil was so hot it burned blisters in my scalp which I had to to the hospital for also burned my hair dressers hand through her rubber gloves!! It fried my hair so bad I had to get three inches cut off the length plus I had to get layers and bangs just to get out all the broken off peices!!! I do not recommend this product to anyone! And also I will be taking legal action for all my blisters that are oozing on my scalp! And for all the pain I'm in!! DO NOT EVER USE THIS PRODUCT!!

on 3/22/2016 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This product works!

I've been dyeing my hair blue black demi-perm (Ion) for about 2 years now. I was so tired of the black i stopped dyeing for 6 months hoping the color would fade. It didnt. I first tried L'Oreal Excellence HiColor HiLights (recommended to me from others who had black perm color hair), It did nothing, my hair was exactly the same. My goal was to get it to at least a dark brown, i just didn't want the harsh black anymore.

I picked up Colorfix at Sallys, waited about a week after using L'Oreal. I left it on for 20 mins, used low heat on my blow dryer, and it lighten it to a brownish red color. I was so pleased and shocked. Reading reviews ALOT of people say it does not work on demi-perm dyes. But it did for me. My hair is very fine and long. I had minimal damage, if any at all.

The smell is not as bad (to me) as everyone says it is. Although my sister thought the smell was horrifying. Guess it depends on the person!

I've seen some seriously pointless reviews of people complaining about this product because they did not research it enough.
A couple of things:
1. ONLY WORKS ON COLOR TREATED HAIR
2. IT WILL NO MATTER WHAT TURN YOU HAIR ORANGE-Y
3. YOUR HAIR WILL DARKEN A LITTLE BIT OVER A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER USING IT

I have pretty thin, and very fine long hair, that was dyed dark brown(almost black) for about 8 years. I am naturally a level 6 or 7 (ash blonde, had highlights).

I used this product three times within 2-3 weeks ish. MINIMAL damage BUT I did use a lot of hair masks between uses and after. (My hair dresser was surprised how undamaged it was)

After the first use, my hair went from almost black(level 2-1) to a super orangey light-medium brown(level 4-3) It was very uneven as I had a lot of build up on my ends and now I would definitely apply it to my ends first and then after sometime to the rest of my hair.

I did not use the third step out of fear of my hair re-darkening, HOWEVER it did re-darken somewhat over a couple of days but nothing even close to my almost black hair.

After 2 more uses my hair was an orange about level 5 at my crown and a level 4 the rest of my hair. NOW, my purpose was to dye bright red over it so I did not care that it was orange. BUT if you want to go blonde YOU NEED TO CANCEL OUT THE ORANGE WITH A TONER. Do not think that this will give you blonde hair or nice light brown hair. So please stop complaining about it, it's a part of the process. I think if i was not dying my hair red, and had the intention to go back to my ash blonde I would get pretty close after toning it.

Another plus about this product is that there is a LOT of it. I only needed one box of this per session and my hair is down to bellow my armpits.

That being said, now 6 months later I will be now re-purchasing this to start my process of going blonde.

I have used this on two occasions about 4 years ago so this review is based off of my experience with it back then. I used to dye my hair black every 4 weeks or so for about 3 years and I decided I was tired of it and wanted lighter hair so I did a lot of research and this color remover sounded like it would work for me. I didn't use the last step of it because all the reviews I had read said that it will darken your hair again. The first time I used it I loved the color that my hair turned out after use and it was still in good condition also so that was a plus. It stayed that color until the next morning when I woke up and it was dark again. So I used it one more time and it darkened back to black again. I know this works for some people but not for me. Maybe I would try it again just because it is the only color remover that I have used that left my hair in the same condition as it was prior to use. The price is a little steep but if it works for you I would say it is totally worth it. If you go to a salon and they do a "color correction" they use color remover like this and they charge $100+ for it so....yeah. Maybe if I try it again I would make sure to rinse my hair for an extra long time so the color doesn't reoxidize.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

One N Only Colorfix is developed to remove oxidative dyes. Since most semipermanent colors are combination of direct dyes and oxidative dyes, Colorfix may only partially remove these.

This is clearly stated on the box. Make sure you do your research and read the instructions clearly before you write a negative review. If you tried to use this on semi-permanent color and it didn't work, the product is not at fault, this product is specifically made for permanent dyes only!!

on 9/15/2013 9:39:00 PM

i have watched several successful reviews for this product on youtube, which is why I decided to go ahead and try it out since I had thought there was no cure for my faded, stained red hair (from semi-permanent hair color) except for to grow it out. My natural hair color is light ashy brown with a blonde undertone and some blonde highlights. About 3 years ago, I decided that I really wanted to go red but i had been perming my hair for about maybe a year and a half to two years prior to going red, so i didn't want to use a permanent dye out of fear of damaging my hair(which happened anyway even with the semi-permanent dye aka cellophane hair color). I was told from the beginning that red would fade quickly but stains hair easily. I wasnt thinking much about the process i would have to go through after i no longer wanted the red. anyway, I haven't colored my hair for almost a year so my roots are my natural color but the rest is the faded red color. Ive been wanting to go blonde so when i saw the review for this product, i jumped on it. However when i used the product i did it exactly how the box said and just how i was taught on youtube also. I didnt use the step 3. I mixed step 1 & 2 together with equal amounts and applied it throughout my hair generously, being sure to saturate all of the red colored hair. i placed my hair in a clear plastic shower cap to process and applied heat, blow drying it at a medium-high speed and med-high heat in order for it to process better. The box says leave it on for 20 minutes but since it took me 12 minutes to apply it throughout my entire hair, i left it on for altogether, 32 minutes. i pretty much kept the heat from the blow dryer on the entire 20 minutes (after the 12 minutes of application), and was not seeing any visible stripping of the color. when it came time to rinse it out, i used warm water and saw no red color coming out of my hair. i dried it and to my disappointment, saw no color change at all.. basically i wasted my money. hopefully i can get a refund, but i already used it up so idk...

out of all the reviews i saw, all of the girls were either white or hispanic and it had worked well for their hair. some of the reviews were taking out black hair and some took out red so i was sure this would work. i only noted the race of the girls whose videos i watched because i have mixed hair (black&white) which is a whole different texture, very curly, thick and dryer than most hispanic/white hair. idk whether it was my hair texture that would have failed me (although i don't see how that would affect the outcome). or it could also be because the color has been in my hair for so long. it sucks though because cellophane isn't even supposed to be permanent it is supposed to wash out eventually . i loved the red when it was just done and vibrant, but when its faded and growing out, with my natural color at the roots, it looks a bit trashy, for lack of a better word. plus since my natural hair color is blondish, and green is the undertone of blonde (on top of the fact that the rest of my hair is red), people sometimes tell me my hair looks green at the roots. I guess the red, being greens complimentary color on the color wheel makes my natural hair appear to have a green tint. anyhow, this is my experience with it. good luck to anybody else trying it & if anybody has had similar experience as I, or any tips or advice for me on how to take out my red hair color, feel free to respond!

I had been dying my hair a deep bright red permanent colour for 8 months. I used this to get rid of the hair before i bleached it platinum blonde, and it works amazing!!!! I will say, it STINKS terribly!! Like rotten egg, i just washed my hair 4 times and it still smells. I've heard orange juice or coffee works, so i will try. The smell is worth it for great results.

I am very impressed with this product. This was my second time using it and not once has it failed me. The very first time I tryed it was when I dyed my hair a very dark black!! (Stupid of me) it removed the horrible black out of my hair and turned it into a light brown. I recently dyed my hair with a really dark brown and disliked it...so I wanted to go about one shade lighter. I purchased colorfix from sallys beauty supplies. It comes in a small kit with 3 products. this is what I did: I mixed the bottles "step 1" and "step 2" together in small cup and stirred them for about one minute. Then I placed it all over my hair and left it on for only 15 minutes since I only wanted to go like one shade lighter. I covered my hair with a plastic bag since heat helps the product work best. Please keep in mind that you should check for color change every 5 mins or so. I first tried it on a small strand of hair. It works really quickly!! 15 mins worked great for me. ONE IMPORTANT THING IS TO NOT USE "STEP 3" WHICH IS THE "PROCESSING LOTION" THIS STEP WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR DARK!!!! But anyways! My results are great!! I was left with a really light brown. No damage to my hair whats so ever!! Though I did notice less shine!!! Or maybe that was just me. But since my hair was left with an even light brown I was able to dye over it with a more caramel brown!!! which looks very pretty and gave me my shiny hair back! I'm so satisfied with my hair now. Just to make sure my hair wasn't damaged or anything from all my previous dying I used my macadamia oil!! ^_^ soft, shiny beautiful results!!

I really wanted this product to work. Sadly, it didn't work at all. I had dyed my hair bright red and wanted to get the red out so that I could later bleach it blonde. Washing my hair with dandruff shampoo and warm water got rid of most of the red dye in my hair and left my hair a pale salmon color, which I then tried to get rid of by using Colorfix. I performed a strand test and noticed there was no visible difference between the strand and the rest of my hair. So, it was just a waste of money and I returned the product. However, just because it didn't work for my red hair, doesn't mean it might not work for you. I bought this product after seeing positive reviews of people who successfully went from red to blonde with the help of this product. I recommend performing a strand test so that if it doesn't work at all, you can return it (check the store's return policy for used items).