Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
 Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

3.0

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bleached my hair blonde a year ago and then put black box dye over it, I've had black hair for like 8 months, I've recently used the color remover to get to as light as I could to go blonde again. After using the product it gave me brown hair with blonde tips since the blonde was already kinda showing as my black faded. My only problem with this is the smell, it not only smelt pretty bad but the scent lingered in my hair after I shampooed it four times for 8 minutes and put conditioner in it. The scent is probably the only reason I wouldn't buy this product again, plus it's a little more on the expensive side of the color removers I see at Sally's. BUT if you are looking to go from box dyed black to just a brown color and don't mind the smell of rotten eggs I do suggest you do try this.

on 3/14/2012 9:37:00 PM

okay, so i was REALLY skeptical about this product from the start because of all the reviews i've read on various sites about it..

I HAD dyed (permanent) bright red, little mermaid hair. and it made my skin look even more pale than i already am. so i had to change it. (I am a natural blonde)
so i bought this product at Sally's, and i used it for the first time tonight!

Let me just tell you, this stuff WORKS! i applied it to my whole head, with dry hair, and it turned my roots to my (almost) natural color - dirty blonde!
However, it did make my ends a purplish violet color, but i suppose that is from the bright red.

I applied it once, rinsed, towel dried, than applied it for a 2nd time. the second time didn't do too much more, though.

For this product, please follow the instructions inside the box!!!!
Oh, and this stuff smells like week old rotten eggs! yuck!!!! open windows or use a vent or something lol once you use it you'll smell what i mean lol

recap - this product lightened my roots very quickly, but the ends are just faded really really light from the permanent color I used.

Remember, even tho this isn't bleach, its still a chemical you are depositing into your hair.
DEEP CONDITION as much as possible to put the moisture back into your hair!

I have been dying my naturally "light golden brown"(level 5) hair black for about a year and finally got tired of it. I talked to a lady where I get my haircut about lightening my hair to around a level 4 she said I would have to bleach it and that was seriously the last thing I wanted to do. So I went to Sally's and asked if they had anything to take the black out and the lady gave me this saying it was definately going to take the black out and leave me with orange-ish hair.
After three applications of this each 20 minutes, only my roots, whcih were about 4 inches had gotten a little lighter. Okay, my hair got a LITTLE lighter, by a little I mean now it was black with a red tint. Wonderful.>:[ My hair didn't get too damaged but I still did a protein treatment or something that the lady gave me. I washed my hair like 03947109823 times with Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo and it is a little lighter. Now I'm gunna try ColorZap and see how it works out, I'll update later.:]