Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

on 9/14/2009 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is by far the best high end foundation I've ever used. Most others aren't remarkable when compared to lower priced brands and the price therefore becomes unjustifiable. Chanel's Mat Lumiere is worth every single cent. I bought this on a whim ( I know, who buys Chanel on a whim?) after I ran out of my favorite L'oreal foundation. I marched on over to a drugstore to pick up more only to find out that it was discontinued. I was so infuriated after looking at other options that weren't even remotely comparible, that I went straight over to a nearby Department store and picked this up. On the way home I had a serious case of buyer's remorse. How could I have spent $56 dollars on foundation!?! All that remorse went away as soon as I put it on. On the face it looks quite frankly AMAZING. I don't use the word amazing very often because I feel it's the most overused word in the English language. "That sandwich was amazing!" "Your eye shadow is amazing!" But I can say with all honesty, THIS. FOUNDATION. IS. AMAZING. The consistency is sublime. Not heavy and goes on smoothly. It looks incredibly natural as long as it's matched to your skin tone well. The finish is very, very warm. It gives you a nice glow which is rare for a mattifying foundation. When used in conjunction with Chanel's foundation brush you will end up with a flawlessly made up face. It also just feels nice to put on. Using Chanel foundation is seriously decadent and luxurious for anyone, regardless of your financial status. I don't use this every day as it wouldn't be easy on my wallet to repurchase this all the time. But I find that before going out for a special occasion, I wouldn't want any other foundation touching my face.

on 9/20/2012 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After reading another users comment about the fragrance/smell I have to comment. After reading product smelled bad like rotting flowers and clay pots I was almost turned off from buying this. Well I looked up ingredients and fragrance is not listed. So there is no "fragrance" except what the formulation naturally gives off. Bought this foundation and the smell is not bad. It smells like any other foundation ingredients. There is a slight smell but it's not gross and you can't really smell it when the foundation is on your face. Having said all that the color Walnut is a great match. And thats about it. Texture is so-so. Doesn't do anything for skin appearance. Skin looks dull and flat. Will definitely have to wear pretty blush to liven up face. Won't buy this one again.