CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my go to foundation for colder weather. Normally, I wear studio fix fluid or estee lauder double wear, but this foundation is not as drying as the ones I usually wear. My favorite thing about this foundation is the color match. As a black woman, I have a really difficult time finding a perfect match, but I have finally found one in this foundation. My shade in this is Cedar. Ladies who feel like they rarely have a match-especially in MAC foundations, please get a sample of this color. In MAC, I feel like I am between an NC45 and an NC50. I can never get a perfect match in any foundation. But this one is spot on.
The cons to this foundation are the cost-it is crazy expensive. And, it doesn't last as long as double wear. But, the finish is so luminous and so natural, that I don't mind.
For ladies with bad skin, but still want natural looking skin with a good amount of coverage-this may be the foundation for you if you can find a color match.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Okay, so I have dry skin, but I love this product. I like to look soft and glowy, but not the moist/dewy way that so popular right now. I can't wear a lot of powder though because they look bad on dry skin. I needed my foundation to do all of the work and I was having the hardest time finding a satin finish foundation I liked until I tried this one. It's amazing.

It doesn't dry out my skin over time and it doesn't look flat like ELDW or Clinique Acne Solutions. It just looks like my skin is soft and bare and skin like, more of an inner radiance than a shine.

It doesn't break me out. It has a fragrance, but thankfully the fragrance is generally mild and pleasant. It goes away after applying all together. I moisturize well and I find this product doesn't make any dry patches or flakes look worse, it doesn't mask them, but it doesn't emphasize them. It has a thicker moussey consistency, but it's lightweight and it isn't heavy at all on the skin. It spreads like a dream. The coverage is medium buildable.

I'm a NW43, I lean more neutral though, and I mix Walnut and Chestnut. I love that I have a perfect undertone match. That never happens, so it's worth it to mix for depth.

It's my HG and I just hope they don't DC it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

First off, let me just say that this foundation outperforms any foundation I've ever tried hands down. 8+ hours of oil free wear and not even the slightest bit of fading or sliding off my face. Not only that, but I was perfectly matched to the shade 'Walnut' and I've never had a foundation perfectly match my skintone in my entire life. My "HG" Nars Sheer Glow doesn't hold a candle to this foundation. I really adore this product "BUT" I can't get over the fact that this product smells like dead flowers mixed with raw pottery clay. Sad but true.

I returned it to Bloomingdales 48 hours after I purchased it. I assumed that the smell would wear off after a few hours but it lasted all day (10hrs) and made me extremely nauseous. I could not wait to get home and wash it off. I was so disappointed. Secondly, after reading the ingredients label, I've come to find that I am not comfortable with some of its contents at all. Looks like I'll be paying "Francois Nars" a visit once again. :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this for about two weeks and it is currently my HG foundation. Saying I love this product is absolutely an understatement. I remember when i first got it home and applied it on my full face and i looked in the mirror and thought to myself 'WOW i never thought my skin could look so naturally beautiful', i know itís cheesy but completely true. Though this foundation is very pricey it is worth it. It photographs beautifully, at least in my experience and is not drying or dry looking at all. It dries matte but its not like MUFE HD foundation matte its just mostly matte with a very mild dew but that could be because i have oily skin. It looks very natural and someone that I work with even commented the other day saying I looked very healthy and well rested (which I was not) and I attribute this to the foundation because all I was wearing was the Chanel Mat Lumiere, UD cheek tint(which is gosh damn amazing btw) and mascara.
If you have slightly oily skin and want a mostly matte finish this foundation is perfect for you, if you are super super oily like me this foundation is good for long wear but after about 8-10 hours it can separate in the t zone depending on the climate your in. I havenít used a foundation that didnít look an oily mess in more that 6 hours so I was blessed to have it last 8-10. If you can afford to splurge a bit I completely recommend trying this foundation especially if you are oily!

on 12/8/2010 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Um... no. This is... no. Not worth the price at all. My HG foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear. I should know better than to test out others by now but I guess I haven't learned yet. I am NW45 (Cocoa in Estee Lauder). There is no equivalent with Chanel. I got Walnut and it was too light. Also, it didn't cover as well as DW (I had to use concealer). Then I had to contour so I wouldn't LOOK like I had on too light foundation. I'm just glad I got this from a swapper and didn't pay for it. I don't like to take as long as I took to get ready this morning. Also, I'm already oily and it is 9:32 a.m. With DW I NEVER even have to blot. So, I will not purchase this, I may never finish it and I am utterly unimpressed.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I got this product and it wasn't my shade. Okay, that's fine, but I wouldn't buy this foundation ever again because they don't have a lot of shade ranges.

on 6/21/2009 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Overall i 've been testing this for two days and i must say i really like it due to the fact that this foundation matches my complexion to a T, i mean its unreal and i've never tried foundations by chanel just bc i didn't feel they catered to woman of color in that aspect but i was wrong and although when i search for any color for my face i look for a yellow undertone bc of my complexion, the chanel undertone is more of a brown beige looking even more realistic than my others. Mac is good but its too yellow turning orange, so is bobbi brown, revlon colorstay was good fr me just a pain too remove at night and the 58 dollars i paid for this is ok as i now have my perfect color. The oil control is decent not long lasting but that's okay as i don't want to look like a corpse and thats what primer and powder come in handy for. Gives a soft finish imo, not heavy like studio fix fluid and the undertones are way more realistic. I almost went to buy double wear by estee lauder until i got a good look at all the makeup artists face at the counter and took a u-turn, the corpse look is not for me and im 25, so i don't want to look like little richard, just a nice finished application and this hits the nail on the head, took off one lippie bc i am nc45 in mac and it seems like there was only 1 more color after mine available for women of color, other than that two thums up from me! By the way i got this in walnut. Update- Im so loving this foundation, my current hg!