Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 2/8/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have only been wearing this foundation for about 1 week and I LOVE it. I am super-picky about make-up. As a fair-skinned black woman, finding a high-end make-up base to match is usually a challenge. I finally decided to try Chanel, and I'm so glad I did! I would never have chosen Soft Honey-it looked a bit too light in the store, but after wearing an hour or so, it took on a very lovely shade (oxidation, I suppose). I have moderately oily skin that is a bit uneven but without any type of scarring. It provides just enough coverage for both everyday and evening wear, and it lasts ALL day! I am not a fan of powder,and I don't need it with this foundation. The pump top is very nice. Very pricey, but worth it so far. The texture is a bit dry, but probably contributes to its long wearability. The best I have used in a very long time!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Upon first application this stuff is beautiful. But it fades pretty quick. It highlighted dry spots and looked cake-a-licious. It settled into pores and creased around my nose and settled into lines i didnt know i had. Lancome's new tient idole 24 hour is better than this and cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I never did care for high end dept. store makeup because they always ran pink or reddish undertone to me, but I picked this up this summer and they didnt have the shade I wanted to sample so I purchased a color that seemed ok for and it was at first until it would oxidize a little on me to a reddish shade ewww I hate that. One thing I loved about this foundation though is that it makes your skin look flawless without feeling heavy. And it did make me stay matte for a while. Maybe I'll change my mind about repurchasing if I could just find my right shade

on 12/26/2011 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Medium coverage if you have some scars dark spot will not covered all.
But good oil control powder and give glow finishing but not cakey. I got it quite dark so I would like to have lighter color for next time.

on 12/10/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

there's a lot of people saying that the Mat Lumiere doesn't give that flat matte look which I agree and totally love. It does give me a glowing finish but no shine. Coverage it says to be sheer to medium, but I believe it is buildable and can be almost full coverage because it is quite thick. Now since it is quite thick it does take a bit of effort blend it compare to VitaLumiere. Ok, now about the shades it is really disappointing because there's not much shades in UK compare to US. What's more disappointing is that the darkest shade in UK, 60 Hale' which I used is also discontinued. 60 is like for NC 30-35. the texture like I said it's thick, and it has a fragrance and quite strong actually. But it's not that alcohol-like smell which we always got in a matte foundation, it is actually quite florally and I actually like it, it's my first loving fragrance in makeup. If they got 60 Hale' again I would totally buy it. Now I'm trying the Lift Lumiere since they got the shade in 60.

on 11/15/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty good foundation considering I tend to break out a lot! It is meant to be a 'matte' foundation but I found it more of a 'matte luminous' finish rather than true matte, which meant it looked very natural even under a bit of powder. I wouldn't say it lasts all day without touchups if you have very oily skin like me, but if you're more on the combination to slightly oily and you want a natural finish AND you're prepared to shell out a lot of money on good foundation, then this is a pretty good pick. I always feel very luxurious and beautiful when I wear this, maybe because I'm wearing Chanel :P But it is a pretty good product that hasn't irritated me or made me break out. The only real complaint is that it doesn't come in a very wide range of colours which really sucks because my colour isn't perfect for my skin tone, but I think Chanel have addressed this with their range of 'perfection lumiere' foundations coming out soon (comes in a LOT of colours compared to this range!).

on 7/1/2011 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I tried this product out during the winter and at first didn't really like the way it looked. I felt like the color I was matched with was too dark for me at the time. A few months later when it was warmer, the color looked really nice on my skin. Let me add, that I am super,super oily, so I am not looking for a foundation that will keep me looking matte all day. First off, I really like the formula. The best way to apply this foundation would be with a brush. I personally like to apply it with a flat-top brush and stipple it on. I like the finish as well; I would describe it as a semi-matte. The texture of this foundation is more liquidy, but it feels pretty light, not as heavy as other medium to full coverage foundation. I am a full coverage person, but with this foundation, it evens my skin tone pretty well. I just need a bit more of concealer and it looks pretty good.The only thing I did not like about this line of foundation is the shades. All of the shades looked really orange or super tan. I still am on the search for my HG foundation, but it's good for now. It is a bit pricey, but definitely worth it. Also, I would only recommend this foundation for combination and oily skin.

on 12/20/2010 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have finally found my HG foundation. I have combination skin and this foundation controls the oiliness and nurtures the dryness, all while adding a soft matte finish. Also, If you have yellow undertones then this foundation is perfect. Who likes the mask feel? Not me!! I love that it's light weight, but still gives great coverage. If you have any worries about making the investment (check the price, it is quite the investment hehe), then just ask for a sample at your local Chanel counter. I also want to add that with this foundation a little goes a long way. One pump and you are flawless! ;)

on 11/20/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This just didn't work for me. It didn't help with oiliness and caked up on me by the end of my eight hour day. I looked just as greasy as ever. I always here such great things about this, though. You might want to try it for yourself. Oh well, on to the next.

on 10/21/2010 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Supposed to last for 12 hours. Medium coverage. Walnut
I have been wanting to try this because of all the reviews that I have heard about Chanel foundation and because I find that I get very oily in my T-zone. I really like this foundation, it lasts for the most part of the day, and it is lightweight. I really gives a flawless finish that is obviously matte and when I use the serum underneath I stay matte throughout the day as well. I must admit that I a impressed with this foundation. My only grip is that the color match is not perfect, but un-noticeable. I send this with powder and get flawless looking skin.