Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 6/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

This foundation is EVERYTHING!!

I have acne prone skin with a lot of discoloration. I use the beauty blender for the application and it gives me a flawless complexion. obviously, if you're oily. Setting powder is a must! I use bareminerals mineral veil on top of it.
Lasts all say. Does not break me out. :)

Not to mention I have tried: Dior, Armani and other high end foundations. Does not compare.

on 11/18/2011 12:42:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. The finish is beautifull, it stays mat on my combo skin for about 8 to 9 hours and I would say it offers a medium to full coverage depending on how much you apply. The product smells SO good (like green tea and roses), it is my favorite part of my morning routine. The packaging is also beautifull, really Chanel. Definitely worth every penny!

on 10/16/2011 11:56:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for about three years, and I love it. It feels light, covers well and makes it look natural. It blends very nicely and doesn't look streaky. I have applied it both with my fingers and a foundation brush from The Body Shop, and both works well. However, I would recommend using a brush if you are looking for the best coverage, because I find it hard not to overblend with my fingers. I use 20 Clair for the winter and 30 Cendr for the summer.
It is a bit pricey, but I haven't found any other foundation a good as this.

on 8/22/2011 3:18:00 PM

I truly believe you get what you pay for with foundation - of course, there are a few exceptions. When I tried this in the department store I was so glad I'd found the right coverage/wear/consistency for my pale skin - finally.
The effect is truly luminous - it's like touche eclat for your whole face (without looking silly) as well as the matte finish I wanted as I can shine a lot.
I find it's much better to apply this with a foundation brush rather than fingers/sponge as you don't need a whole lot of it to get a really good result. The brush will help thin it out and spread it equally over the whole of your face for a natural but polished product.
I will give a slight word of caution about the pump - if it blocks up, it will projectile squirt, as my cream carpet will testify. Make sure to angle the pumphead downward onto the back of your hand to make sure it doesn't wander off!

on 3/3/2011 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. I have oily, acne prone skin (although in my 30's) with large pores and acne scarring. My skin tone is also pale but I suffer from rosacea. I have always had a problem finding suitable foundations as pale colours usually have a pink undertone and highlight the red in my skin tone or they oxidize into an unflattering orange mess. I use this foundation in claire and the slight yellow undertone evens out my skin tone into a lovely natural healthy pale and totally camouflages the red tone. I used to have to use very heavy foundations to cover up, however, I now apply Olay 7 signs of aging serum as a primer to just melt this foundation into my skin. It goes on so lightly with the most fantastic coverage and complexion colour correction. Blackheads and pores on my nose are made invisible without looking like there is a thick layer of foundation covering them. It is has good oil control although I do need to touch up midday. The coverage is full in terms of hiding a multitude of skin problems but appears very light in application. Chanel has perfected the matte look which still allows your skin to look natural. The SPF of 15 is also very effective against the hot South African sun. It may be expensive but you only need two pumps to cover your face and the bottle lasts ages.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really love this foundation as it gives me an amazing glow without looking shiny or dewy. i bought shade #12/opaline from SN and it is perfects for my skin as it is more yellow based but not in an overpowering way.

I find the best way to apply it is with a combination or fingers and a stippling brush. This technique means i get a light coverage which is buildable if needed and it seems to almost airbrush my skin. i prefer a light wash of foundation and then use a good concealer rather than a foundation mask so this foundation is totally HG for what I need

on 2/23/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Cool

Would buy this again in a heartbeat!! Lovely texture, looks like your not wearing foundation but gives enough coverage. I'm usually a med-full coverage girl, so a pump and a half is good. Even though it is matte it doesn't look cakey at all. Colour selection was a bit difficult, my NC37 skintone was the darkest shade in Toronto?!?! Grabbed one in the US when I was there. The pump and price are about the only 2 downfalls of this product....bit pricey- but it is Chanel and the quality is there....the pump gets annoyingly clogged.

I am very oily and since it is still winter I needed something not soo drying as my ELDW, so I tried this and my skin is thanking me! Also, if you are oily, you will still need to set this with some loose powder. I'm not going to say it lasted all day, because I did have to blot, but oddly enough I found it had more staying power for oil control the more I had put on.

on 1/20/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing. It glides on like silk and blends flawlessly. It starts out with light coverage that is very buildable. It smells a bit funny to me, but nothing overpowering and the bottle and pump is a great delivery system. It keeps my rather oily skin matte for about half a day with the proper skincare routine and serum.

on 10/4/2010 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this on a whim hoping I wouldn't like it because I didn't want to imagine having to pay $50 for a foundation. I'm a foundation junkie so I'm usually trying out like 5 at a time. I'm basing this review in comparison to: Nars Sheer Glow, Clinique Even Better, MUFE Matte Velvet +, and Revlon Colorstay.

Out of the ones mentioned, I really have to say Mat Lumiere is my favorite. Whenever I wear it I get complemented quite a bit, people telling me my skin looks "perfect". I live in the tropics and have really oily skin and I will say that with this foundation I get a good 5-6 hours of wear before needing to touch up (touching up being blotting with a sheet and dusting some powder over face). And it goes right back to looking fabulous. I prefer it over the others because of the lasting power as well as the gorgeous finish it gives my face.

This is one I will repurchase (in spite of the price) because to me, it really is worth it.

For reference, out of the others my least favorite is the revlon (broke me out) and the others I like well enough just not as much as this one.

on 5/20/2010 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I hear about this Chanel foundation, and how good it is, I decided to give it a go. I must say, I simply love it. It's my absolute favorite foundation. Application is smooth, this foundation covers, looks natural, definitely worth the price. Sleek packaging, comes with a pump (unlike other messy foundations), and I find myself at times, not needing to set it with powder. I would definitely buy it again.