CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.1

on 1/31/2014 2:07:00 AM

Love this foundation when I first put it on and then after 3 hours it starts to seperate and go blotchy *sad face*. It goes on demi matte gives the face a nice glow, but after a few hours of wear it just goes blotchy and doesnt look that great as when I frist applied it. I do have large pores and very oily skin that is maybe why, would repurches this prodcut very beautiful on the skin and needs touch ups during the day though.

on 5/16/2013 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

meh meh. When the price overshadows all other concerns, then you don't really have a great product.

this foundation is good.. but not great. It has good coverage but a bit on the cakey side mostly due to it's heavy consistency (thus the matte). I don't find the luminosity in it and I only use it at night as it feels/looks heavy during the morning hours.

The older I get the less caked up I need to be.

Good but not worth the money for this foundation.

on 2/8/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have only been wearing this foundation for about 1 week and I LOVE it. I am super-picky about make-up. As a fair-skinned black woman, finding a high-end make-up base to match is usually a challenge. I finally decided to try Chanel, and I'm so glad I did! I would never have chosen Soft Honey-it looked a bit too light in the store, but after wearing an hour or so, it took on a very lovely shade (oxidation, I suppose). I have moderately oily skin that is a bit uneven but without any type of scarring. It provides just enough coverage for both everyday and evening wear, and it lasts ALL day! I am not a fan of powder,and I don't need it with this foundation. The pump top is very nice. Very pricey, but worth it so far. The texture is a bit dry, but probably contributes to its long wearability. The best I have used in a very long time!

on 11/14/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I find this foundation horrible - it oxidises and looks flakey and feels so heavy on my skin. The only way I'm able to use it up is by mixing it 50/50 with a thick sunscreen which gets rid of the dark orange cast and helps it smooth over the skin a little better. I have super oily skin but this stuff actually makes the tip of my nose and cheeks look dry when worn on it's own. I regret trying something other than my favourite by another brand and certainly won't repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think i should have never tried this foundation as my skin has many blemishes and acne scars. For me, this foundation was a waste of money and I've used it possible twice. Here are my pro's and con's.

Pro's:
-Very light texture
-Smells beautiful
-Nice packaging
-Nice finish (in some ways) and radiance

Cons:
-For people with my skin type, it has no coverage at all no matter how much you put on.
-Doesnt cover anything
-After about 15min, looks like you're not even wearing foundation. And i mean it does nothing.
-Very expensive
-Not much colour range (in Australia)

For me the con's weigh more than the pro's. I wouldn't think of buying this foundation again unless my skin was perfect (in which case, it won't need foundation anyway) and i wouldn't recommend it to someone who doesn't already have perfect skin, because it really does nothing.

on 3/20/2012 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No. No. & NO. a SA suggested this for my oily skin at the chanel counter so I bought this in natural. This was way too heavy of a foundation in my skin. I am more of a light foundation person. My face looked too made up and this made my skin break out like crazy! As for oil control I don't think it did a good job either. It caked up around my cheek area and forehead. I could tell the first time I put it on that my skin couldn't breathe at all. Not to mention how expensive it was. This was crap to me. Not worth the break outs.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have extremely fair and oily/dry combination skin. It is hard to find a really good foundation that matches well and doesn't settle into my pores or fades after a few hours. I found that that porcelain #2 is the perfect match. I will say that it really drys matte but makes my face look flawless. In the winter my skin gets dry and flakes a bit, but then I use primer and I add some moisturizer into the mix and it goes on really smooth and still lasts all day. When I forget to wash my face it doesn't break me out so i sometimes don't have stress.

on 12/22/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will buy this again because this is the best foundation I have ever used or tried. It just helps me to turn my face into a uni-pattern & uni-color canvas where I can paint colors over it.
First of all it looks like a second skin, very natural while covering my broken capillaries, matches perfectly with my skin color (NW20 in Mac, 20 Clair is a perfect match, when I tan in the summer I match with 30 Cendre) , does not settle into my fine lines.
I have a combination skin, usually foundations highlight my dry parts but Mat Lumiere does not do such thing. I blot my forehead and nose 2 times during the whole day and night and that's it.
I set it with Chanel Loose Powder Universal in 20 Clair, another favorite.

on 9/15/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I changed from my Helena Rubinstein foundation to this one in the summer, because at that moment my skin seemed to need a more yellow tinted foundation. ButÖit sets before you could spread just a bit, after a while it oxidizes and wonít stay in place. Iíve got combination skin but this makes my skin look oily, enhances my pores and fine lines. Iíve used it on top of my La Roche Posay Effaclair Mattifiant moisturizer (which I always use with HR foundation with great results), or used it directly on the bare skin. Tried several times both ways, it performed horrendous, without exception.
Iím purchasing my HR Spectacular foundation again!!

I don't even have super oily skin to begin with, just combination with a slightly oily T-zone. This literally made me whole face look like a grease ball and it oxidised within a few hours. Shades are limited too and the foundation is WAY too dark for me after it oxidised. Was expensive because I'm in Australia and I bought this bottle of crap for like $70-80. Now its just sitting on my desk being pretty :( gotta love the packaging though..