Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 4/10/2016 10:08:00 PM

My absolute favorite foundation! Keeps me matte all day and doesn't cling onto my horrrrible dry patches. The coverage is medium to medium-full, completely buildable and no matter how much you pack on it still feels as though you are wearing nothing at all. I tested it in a friend with dry skin and she absolutely loves it as well. Only downside is that it dries a bit fast, similar to Estee Lauder's DW but if worked with within a reasonable time it blends beautifully (especially with clean fingers!) Absolutely loveee it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have terrifically horribly oily skin, as well as very acne-prone skin. I've used a Benzyol Peroxide-gel for a couple of weeks to get rid of my acne, so it's better now than before, but still.

Anyway. I bought this foundation because I was really fed up with using foundation from the Body Shop - which looked cakey and oily on me. So I went into a department store and decided I'd buy a Chanel one, just because I think the packaging looked amazing.
The lady at the counter told me that Mat Lumire would fit me because of my oily skin, and so I bought it about 2 months ago.

The first month I was reaaaally let down. It didn't keep me matte for more than about an hour before I'd be oilier than a piece of bacon. I tried Chanel's powders and different primers, but nothing seemed to work. Then I changed from my L'Oral HydraFresh moisturiser to a new one from Nivea, and suddenly - BOOM, I was surprised by this foundation. Not only does it keep me matte the whole day, it doesn't have that overly-powdered look I hate so much. I don't really have to apply a primer before I use this, it stays on for ages - I put it on before I go to school, and I still have that newly-makeuped look when I take off my makeup right before bed.

The philosophy of Chanel is not to have a perfect skin with no colouration from acne scars etc etc, but to enhance your naturally beauty. Therefore the Mat Lumire foundation isn't even close to full-coverage, but it covers up the most essential, like my red areas around my nose and cheeks. I also love the luminous look I get from this, that always keeps me looking healthy and natural. I really recommend this one if you're looking for a high-class, everyday foundation to keep you matte and natural! x

Love this foundation! I went in to a Dillard's counter and the girl matched me for this but they were out and she gave me two sample packets instead and I'm so amazed at the quality and staying power of this foundation. The packets last a really long time too so until I'm done with those I definitely be back to get the full size! As for the person who "went" to sephora and got a sample and hated it, because doesn't carry this product in the states I wish sephora carried chanel my rouge status would be out the roof!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Overall, great foundation. Chanel foundation formulas seem to be safe for my skin. I don't get allergic reactions, breakouts or clogs. However, finding the right formula was a bit of a challenge. In the past, I've owned Vitalumiere (too hydrating) and Perfection Lumiere (too drying and flat). Mat Lumiere gives a glow to the skin yet doesn't make you look greasy nor does it cling on to dry patches. It is the perfect level of matte and hydration. I do love this foundation.

The shade I wear is 40 Beige. I am 57 in Kat Von D, 6.0 in Urban Decay and 060 in Shiseido.

The coverage is medium. I find it doesn't really build to full coverage when layered. To cover stubborn spots, I would rather use a concealer than this foundation.

The texture is light. I can't feel it on the skin.

The longevity is pending. Winter and seditary, it will last all day. I'm not sure yet about summer and activity. *Will update

The bad news: This will soon be discontinued. Starting in February 2014, Chanel will be stopping the production of Mat Lumiere and introducing a reformulation for their Perfection Lumiere to be a matte formula. I'm not excited about this because I really dislike the original Perfection Lumiere formula so I will be crossing my fingers that the new one will be a lot better.

on 7/14/2013 7:36:00 AM

Mat Lumiere is my all time fav! I have this in shade50 and it matches my skin tone perfectly. Works well with my oily acne prone skin, isn't greasy, provides high coverage and gives me flawless skin. It doesn't change colour as I've experienced with perfection lumiere. It only needs a bit of powder to really set the foundation and last me a whole day.

on 6/7/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hi.

This is my first review post ever and I would have to say that Mat Lumiere from Chanel 30 cendre intensity 1.5. is by far the best liquid foundation for my skin. I'm in my late 20's and have oily/combination skin with pores (which by the way are minimizing, thank God :) ). I have tried Estee Lauder double wear foundation. Christian Dior, Nars, Clarins, Mac, and many others, But there is no other foundation that has left my skin so flawless, even, and absolutely beautiful. This foundation helps minimizes my pores and does not clog them up, it doesn't make me feel cakey. I would repurchase over and over again. I use the real technique brush foundation (the stippling brush) and it just makes the foundation absorb right through the skin even more. I will be getting married soon and this is the foundation that I will be using on my day, I won't change it for another one. I also use a finishing powder and makes my skin look flawless. Absolutely amazing :)

on 2/9/2013 5:54:00 PM

My HG foundation. Pricey but it totally worth it. Ive tried tons of foundations, this is thd best for combo oily skin. Even though the pump does get cloggged after a few weeks of use, still worths it.
Love it...no more to say!

on 2/1/2013 2:49:00 PM

I love this foundation, it is excellent for my combination/oily skin and I love the smell. It is very easy to apply when I use my 187 stippling brush. I hope it doesn't get discontinue!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

L O V E this foundation. A little background story - I was going around to a whole heap of makeup counters the other day searching for a new foundation that would feel light, last long and have a medium coverage. Usually I would completely avoid Chanel thinking that it was for rich people and that the sales assistants would be snobby, but after getting terrible service from Mac (the lady was incredibly rude and made my face look orange and then walked off when I asked if I could wear the foundation around for the day just to see if I like it, does she expect me to pay $50 for a foundation that might not even work?) I thought I would give it a go. The people there were incredibly lovely and helped me out with finding a fab foundation. I was a bit hesitant with this one as I do have skin that's more on the dry side but i've had no problems with it at all. After receiving such good service and a day of wearing it, I decided I would pay $72 for it and i'm so glad I did. I've worn it from about 9am to 5pm on really hot days and it's lasted so well, it's INCREDIBLY light feeling and gives you a build-able medium coverage, it doesn't transfer onto clothing and it doesn't sweat off. People always tell me I have really good skin and I just tell them it's the foundation I use (this one) I really recommend! 5/5

on 11/21/2012 6:47:00 AM

My search for a matte foundation is over! I sooooo love this product. It really makes wonders on my skin. I stay matte for like 4 hrs without blotting which I usually do every hour when I am not wearing Mat de Lumiere. It also doesn't sit on my pores so my skin looks naturally flawless. It's medium coverage so I can still see some of the very dark spots which I occasionally have. But no problem with it since I can always use a concealer. My face also doesn't look cakey, it just looks very natural on me. And what's best? I can look flawless without the fear of breakouts. I love love Chanel! A bit pricey but worth it!