Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 4/10/2016 10:08:00 PM

My absolute favorite foundation! Keeps me matte all day and doesn't cling onto my horrrrible dry patches. The coverage is medium to medium-full, completely buildable and no matter how much you pack on it still feels as though you are wearing nothing at all. I tested it in a friend with dry skin and she absolutely loves it as well. Only downside is that it dries a bit fast, similar to Estee Lauder's DW but if worked with within a reasonable time it blends beautifully (especially with clean fingers!) Absolutely loveee it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have terrifically horribly oily skin, as well as very acne-prone skin. I've used a Benzyol Peroxide-gel for a couple of weeks to get rid of my acne, so it's better now than before, but still.

Anyway. I bought this foundation because I was really fed up with using foundation from the Body Shop - which looked cakey and oily on me. So I went into a department store and decided I'd buy a Chanel one, just because I think the packaging looked amazing.
The lady at the counter told me that Mat Lumière would fit me because of my oily skin, and so I bought it about 2 months ago.

The first month I was reaaaally let down. It didn't keep me matte for more than about an hour before I'd be oilier than a piece of bacon. I tried Chanel's powders and different primers, but nothing seemed to work. Then I changed from my L'Oréal HydraFresh moisturiser to a new one from Nivea, and suddenly - BOOM, I was surprised by this foundation. Not only does it keep me matte the whole day, it doesn't have that overly-powdered look I hate so much. I don't really have to apply a primer before I use this, it stays on for ages - I put it on before I go to school, and I still have that newly-makeuped look when I take off my makeup right before bed.

The philosophy of Chanel is not to have a perfect skin with no colouration from acne scars etc etc, but to enhance your naturally beauty. Therefore the Mat Lumière foundation isn't even close to full-coverage, but it covers up the most essential, like my red areas around my nose and cheeks. I also love the luminous look I get from this, that always keeps me looking healthy and natural. I really recommend this one if you're looking for a high-class, everyday foundation to keep you matte and natural! x

on 1/19/2015 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a fan of chanel perfumes but as far as cosmetics are concerned i usually went as far as lipsticks and mascara(le volume de chanel is amazing by the way...). Recently i decided to try out their foundations due to a discount that chanel had and it is the only way that i can afford this foundation.. And it is Definately worth it!!! As far as packaging is concerned we all know that chanel is the best at it but i will not talk about it because the foundation is what it is important. In a few words:

-it feels very nice on my acne prone skin
-it glides on smoothly
-it is not extremely matte and not cackey at all! It is the perfect balance between matte and silky foundation
-it last almost all day without melting on my skin or fading
-it has medium coverage. If you wish to completely hide your flaws this is not the foundation that you will choose. But it is not sheer! It has a nice medium coverage.
I have acne prone skin and some minor scaring and redness and it hides them good but not completely!
-It gives my face a nice subtle silky glow and makes me look rested and fresh
-it may enlarge your pores a bit.

Generally i have nothing bad to say. I have only used it for 3 days now and i cannot talk about breakouts. The furure will tell!

on 10/26/2014 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! This product gives a beautiful finish , it is not completely matte, it just gives you a healthy glow. For it's coverage I would say it is medium coverage but it is buildable. It's lasting power is great, I wore this yesterday to work and went to a party afterwards and when I got home it still looked pretty good! I apply this foundation with a zoeva silky finish brush and powder off with Mac prep and prime pressed finishing power and this makes it last for ages. I would say this is my favourite foundation right now!

Love this foundation! I went in to a Dillard's counter and the girl matched me for this but they were out and she gave me two sample packets instead and I'm so amazed at the quality and staying power of this foundation. The packets last a really long time too so until I'm done with those I definitely be back to get the full size! As for the person who "went" to sephora and got a sample and hated it, because doesn't carry this product in the states I wish sephora carried chanel my rouge status would be out the roof!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

for oil control I don't think it did a good job .It caked up around my forehead and nose it's a no for me !

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I had been using Clinique's oil-free foundation when I decided it was time I picked out a new foundation. I loved mine (is great at oil control and looks & feels very natural on the skin), but it had a sheer coverage. So I started asking my friends and looking for reviews about several foundations. I was recommended this one, thought "Wow, pricey, but it is Chanel. Maybe it's worth it!" and got a sample at a Sephora store.

First of all, the one I got did not match my skin tone at all. My faced looked so orange and artificial! Once again, a bad experience with Sephora's employees.
Secondly, it is an extremely heavy foundation: it feels like paint on your face, which is just awful to me since I have oily skin and a preference for looking natural.
And the worst is it has sheer to medium coverage when that's not what Chanel describes.

Overall, this foundation made me look like a fake painted orange. Awesome, right? Thank God I got a sample before buying it! I don't recommend this product at all and I'm not buying it for sure. It's a pricey crap.

on 2/9/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first i loved using the Chanel Mat Lumiere, it had a subtle scent to it which i was fine with. The foundation had great coverage and with using the right primer it did stay matt for a decent time as i have oily skin. However, i realised that this foundation oxidises, it made me look i had a tan gone wrong. if you do have oily skin and you are interested in this foundation, my personal opinion is to start with a sample and one shade lighter than what your colour match is .
If you have super/oily skin, try using Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation :)

on 1/4/2014 9:38:00 AM

This foundation is easy to blend, gives a nice luminous matte like skin, and has medium coverage.
I dont use it much, and when I do, I always use prior application a glycolic based moisturizer. What this does, is keeping my skin free of breakouts, and oilyness appears after many hours instead of minutes. If i use it without glycolic or other type of AHA, i get whiteheads the second day, as this foundation can be quite irritant because of the ingredients they use, and also can oxidize a bit during wearing.
For me, aha's worked better than a primer.

A very important note: i use it mostly in the summer when i have a slightly tan. Their lightest shade it looks quite dark on my skin. I got it as a gift, but will not repurchase because of the shade reason. I prefer samples as a gift from now on!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Overall, great foundation. Chanel foundation formulas seem to be safe for my skin. I don't get allergic reactions, breakouts or clogs. However, finding the right formula was a bit of a challenge. In the past, I've owned Vitalumiere (too hydrating) and Perfection Lumiere (too drying and flat). Mat Lumiere gives a glow to the skin yet doesn't make you look greasy nor does it cling on to dry patches. It is the perfect level of matte and hydration. I do love this foundation.

The shade I wear is 40 Beige. I am 57 in Kat Von D, 6.0 in Urban Decay and 060 in Shiseido.

The coverage is medium. I find it doesn't really build to full coverage when layered. To cover stubborn spots, I would rather use a concealer than this foundation.

The texture is light. I can't feel it on the skin.

The longevity is pending. Winter and seditary, it will last all day. I'm not sure yet about summer and activity. *Will update

The bad news: This will soon be discontinued. Starting in February 2014, Chanel will be stopping the production of Mat Lumiere and introducing a reformulation for their Perfection Lumiere to be a matte formula. I'm not excited about this because I really dislike the original Perfection Lumiere formula so I will be crossing my fingers that the new one will be a lot better.