CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Since I have oily skin, I decided to go on the hunt for a mattifying foundation that will not contribute to potential breakouts and will also leave me with nice looking skin (not too shiny and not too dull). A friend of mine recommended this foundation to me and I decided to give it a go; I got it colour-matched (the lady at the counter gave me a pinkish-undertone instead of a yellow-undertone which was a bit of a throw-off) and I've used it a couple of times. It's very thick in consistency and feels very heavy. It's an alright foundation I guess, but I feel like I didn't get what I paid for. It's a medium coverage and makes my face look very dull and cakey (have to contour a lot and apply blush to add dimension back to my face). Feels tacky. After first use, I broke out on my cheeks (where I applied most product).

Pro's: Packaging is great (glass bottle WITH pump – great bonus), wide range of colours (although I wish the makeup counter lady matched it properly).
Con's: Not for all day use, mattifies for only a short amount of time before I go oily again, too cakey and can't set it with a powder or else it looks too done-up, price is horrendous for the amount and quality of product, not good for night-time events due to SPF.

Overall, would not re-purchase, I would've expected more from a high-end foundation.

on 2/9/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first i loved using the Chanel Mat Lumiere, it had a subtle scent to it which i was fine with. The foundation had great coverage and with using the right primer it did stay matt for a decent time as i have oily skin. However, i realised that this foundation oxidises, it made me look i had a tan gone wrong. if you do have oily skin and you are interested in this foundation, my personal opinion is to start with a sample and one shade lighter than what your colour match is .
If you have super/oily skin, try using Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation :)

on 1/31/2014 2:07:00 AM

Love this foundation when I first put it on and then after 3 hours it starts to seperate and go blotchy *sad face*. It goes on demi matte gives the face a nice glow, but after a few hours of wear it just goes blotchy and doesnt look that great as when I frist applied it. I do have large pores and very oily skin that is maybe why, would repurches this prodcut very beautiful on the skin and needs touch ups during the day though.

on 8/4/2013 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! It is the only foundation I have found that keeps my skin shine-free ALL DAY! It provides excellent coverage that lasts from morning to night. Love it!

on 6/7/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hi.

This is my first review post ever and I would have to say that Mat Lumiere from Chanel 30 cendre intensity 1.5. is by far the best liquid foundation for my skin. I'm in my late 20's and have oily/combination skin with pores (which by the way are minimizing, thank God :) ). I have tried Estee Lauder double wear foundation. Christian Dior, Nars, Clarins, Mac, and many others, But there is no other foundation that has left my skin so flawless, even, and absolutely beautiful. This foundation helps minimizes my pores and does not clog them up, it doesn't make me feel cakey. I would repurchase over and over again. I use the real technique brush foundation (the stippling brush) and it just makes the foundation absorb right through the skin even more. I will be getting married soon and this is the foundation that I will be using on my day, I won't change it for another one. I also use a finishing powder and makes my skin look flawless. Absolutely amazing :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I went into myer and david jones in search of a foundation that would remain matte on my very oily t-zone but look healthy natural and touchable, not heavy which is a big ask I know but I thought I would try the high end brands and see what they have to offer. After being totally ignored at the Estée Lauder Dior and Yves Saint Laurent counters, I found the mat lumiere liquid foundation at the Chanel counter and was excited as it sounded like exactly what I was looking for. The Chanel lady gave me incredibly helpful service and was absolutely lovely. Upon using the foundation it was ok not incredible but I thought I'd stick with it and see what I could do to work with it. I've now worn it about thirty times and it looks quite dull and heavy on my face. The colour doesn't remain true at all on my face, instead deteriorating into an oily, orange, blotchy and cakey mess by about lunch time. Not a huge colour selection either. At $72 it was a decent spend. The pump nozzle also seems to get clogged up right inside it and the foundation squirts like three separate little streams that squirt out really fast and get on the walls my clothes and travel amazingly far haha so that's inconvenient with blurry eyes first thing in the morning forgetting then having to clean up foundation off the walls. Wouldn't buy it again but the Chanel service was brilliant so there's an upside there! :)

on 11/21/2012 6:47:00 AM

My search for a matte foundation is over! I sooooo love this product. It really makes wonders on my skin. I stay matte for like 4 hrs without blotting which I usually do every hour when I am not wearing Mat de Lumiere. It also doesn't sit on my pores so my skin looks naturally flawless. It's medium coverage so I can still see some of the very dark spots which I occasionally have. But no problem with it since I can always use a concealer. My face also doesn't look cakey, it just looks very natural on me. And what's best? I can look flawless without the fear of breakouts. I love love Chanel! A bit pricey but worth it!

I really wanted to love this product. I had been using Vitalumiére Aqua (which I adore) for 2 months, but I was looking for something more mattifying for the fall winter seasons, so I tried it in the store and really liked it, and bought it. Big mistake. After 1 hour the color had oxydied and the product sinked in my pores, it looked horrible and cakey and dried my oily skin; it looked like my skin was falling off. And it's also really difficult to blend. I'm sorry Chanel, but I won't repurchase this.
The way I'm dealing with it right now is mixing it with the Vitalumiére Aqua and that way I get a pretty good coverage, semimatte finish and it lasts all day.

on 6/11/2012 2:13:00 AM

Nice oil control product but was too sheer and covers nothing. I feel like some other powders can multitask at the same price.

My second bottle of Mat lumiere foundation..It;s great if you looking for something luxurious since Chanel foundations are quite pricey. Medium coverage, smells fantastic. Looks great in photos..