Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

on 2/8/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have only been wearing this foundation for about 1 week and I LOVE it. I am super-picky about make-up. As a fair-skinned black woman, finding a high-end make-up base to match is usually a challenge. I finally decided to try Chanel, and I'm so glad I did! I would never have chosen Soft Honey-it looked a bit too light in the store, but after wearing an hour or so, it took on a very lovely shade (oxidation, I suppose). I have moderately oily skin that is a bit uneven but without any type of scarring. It provides just enough coverage for both everyday and evening wear, and it lasts ALL day! I am not a fan of powder,and I don't need it with this foundation. The pump top is very nice. Very pricey, but worth it so far. The texture is a bit dry, but probably contributes to its long wearability. The best I have used in a very long time!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

i was first sucked into chanel products by my obsession with high end brands...and i have to say i was impressed by this make up!
i wear clair - #20 in the foundation and lumiere#10 over the top..and its the closest colour match i have come across in a long time!
i can finally justify forking over a load of cash for a foundation!
yay.
it feels amazing on the skin, light and velvety and after wearing mac studio fix fluid for such a long time, its safe to say i dont think i will go back.
so if you have oily skin like me give this a go...im sure it will be a revelation for you too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this for about two weeks and it is currently my HG foundation. Saying I love this product is absolutely an understatement. I remember when i first got it home and applied it on my full face and i looked in the mirror and thought to myself 'WOW i never thought my skin could look so naturally beautiful', i know its cheesy but completely true. Though this foundation is very pricey it is worth it. It photographs beautifully, at least in my experience and is not drying or dry looking at all. It dries matte but its not like MUFE HD foundation matte its just mostly matte with a very mild dew but that could be because i have oily skin. It looks very natural and someone that I work with even commented the other day saying I looked very healthy and well rested (which I was not) and I attribute this to the foundation because all I was wearing was the Chanel Mat Lumiere, UD cheek tint(which is gosh damn amazing btw) and mascara.
If you have slightly oily skin and want a mostly matte finish this foundation is perfect for you, if you are super super oily like me this foundation is good for long wear but after about 8-10 hours it can separate in the t zone depending on the climate your in. I havent used a foundation that didnt look an oily mess in more that 6 hours so I was blessed to have it last 8-10. If you can afford to splurge a bit I completely recommend trying this foundation especially if you are oily!

on 11/20/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This just didn't work for me. It didn't help with oiliness and caked up on me by the end of my eight hour day. I looked just as greasy as ever. I always here such great things about this, though. You might want to try it for yourself. Oh well, on to the next.

on 5/16/2010 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Great foundation. Great finish. good cover without looking too much. love it.

Update: I have dry skin and this makes my skin look patchy.

on 12/2/2009 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Expensive product but well, it's worth every penny. Still not my HG though. The foundation is smooth, and offers sufficient coverage. My makeup lasted longer wherever i used this (even under the hot sun).

Edit:
Adding one more lippie for Chanel. This foundation doesn't break me out plus oil control is good :)