Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I work at a Chanel makeup counter, so I decided to take home a sample of the Mat Lumiere foundation since I have such oily skin. Never in my life had I seen such amazing oil control from a foundation! I can have it on for hours and have barely any oil, which is saying something because I usually have to blot and powder my face about an hour after my makeup application. Great buildable coverage, it never looks cakey on my skin. It matches my skin tone perfectly and feels so nice on my face. Only problem I have with it is that it's a bit pricey, but I'm paying for the quality also! A definite must for people who want a long wearing, oil control foundation.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Okay, so I have dry skin, but I love this product. I like to look soft and glowy, but not the moist/dewy way that so popular right now. I can't wear a lot of powder though because they look bad on dry skin. I needed my foundation to do all of the work and I was having the hardest time finding a satin finish foundation I liked until I tried this one. It's amazing.

It doesn't dry out my skin over time and it doesn't look flat like ELDW or Clinique Acne Solutions. It just looks like my skin is soft and bare and skin like, more of an inner radiance than a shine.

It doesn't break me out. It has a fragrance, but thankfully the fragrance is generally mild and pleasant. It goes away after applying all together. I moisturize well and I find this product doesn't make any dry patches or flakes look worse, it doesn't mask them, but it doesn't emphasize them. It has a thicker moussey consistency, but it's lightweight and it isn't heavy at all on the skin. It spreads like a dream. The coverage is medium buildable.

I'm a NW43, I lean more neutral though, and I mix Walnut and Chestnut. I love that I have a perfect undertone match. That never happens, so it's worth it to mix for depth.

It's my HG and I just hope they don't DC it.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my go to foundation for colder weather. Normally, I wear studio fix fluid or estee lauder double wear, but this foundation is not as drying as the ones I usually wear. My favorite thing about this foundation is the color match. As a black woman, I have a really difficult time finding a perfect match, but I have finally found one in this foundation. My shade in this is Cedar. Ladies who feel like they rarely have a match-especially in MAC foundations, please get a sample of this color. In MAC, I feel like I am between an NC45 and an NC50. I can never get a perfect match in any foundation. But this one is spot on.
The cons to this foundation are the cost-it is crazy expensive. And, it doesn't last as long as double wear. But, the finish is so luminous and so natural, that I don't mind.
For ladies with bad skin, but still want natural looking skin with a good amount of coverage-this may be the foundation for you if you can find a color match.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

Horrid stuff!!! I used this a couple of times and binned it! I was wrongly matched by the SA, so I looked like Id been attacked by the Tango guy!!!! It oxidised horrendously, made me break out, and DID NOT control my shine at all. It also went blotchy after a couple of hours. IOverpriced tat imo.