Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Overall, great foundation. Chanel foundation formulas seem to be safe for my skin. I don't get allergic reactions, breakouts or clogs. However, finding the right formula was a bit of a challenge. In the past, I've owned Vitalumiere (too hydrating) and Perfection Lumiere (too drying and flat). Mat Lumiere gives a glow to the skin yet doesn't make you look greasy nor does it cling on to dry patches. It is the perfect level of matte and hydration. I do love this foundation.

The shade I wear is 40 Beige. I am 57 in Kat Von D, 6.0 in Urban Decay and 060 in Shiseido.

The coverage is medium. I find it doesn't really build to full coverage when layered. To cover stubborn spots, I would rather use a concealer than this foundation.

The texture is light. I can't feel it on the skin.

The longevity is pending. Winter and seditary, it will last all day. I'm not sure yet about summer and activity. *Will update

The bad news: This will soon be discontinued. Starting in February 2014, Chanel will be stopping the production of Mat Lumiere and introducing a reformulation for their Perfection Lumiere to be a matte formula. I'm not excited about this because I really dislike the original Perfection Lumiere formula so I will be crossing my fingers that the new one will be a lot better.

on 9/18/2012 8:19:00 AM

This is the only foundation that was working on my skin (did not cause me breakouts, which I got from any other foundation I've tried). It stays nice on the skin for hours, has decent smell and it offers good coverage- I use only a bit every day. I am using it for 6 months now. I recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin and combination/ oily areas that has a hard time finding the right foundation.Its worth trying!

on 11/18/2011 12:42:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. The finish is beautifull, it stays mat on my combo skin for about 8 to 9 hours and I would say it offers a medium to full coverage depending on how much you apply. The product smells SO good (like green tea and roses), it is my favorite part of my morning routine. The packaging is also beautifull, really Chanel. Definitely worth every penny!

on 9/18/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

What it claims:
Perfect for combination skin with a tendency to shine, this oil-free formula delivers a soft, natural matte finish with maximum staying power. Medium coverage looks impeccable and shine-free for up to 12 hours.

What it does to me:
As I have combination skin and am oily on the t-zone/nose, this is a wonderful foundation. It gives me a soft, natural matte finish which is really nice and for those who prefer it. It lasts the whole day and can be applied with a stippling or paddle brush easily. It isn't shine free for 12 hours but it does last the whole day. It clogs easily so be prepared to use a thin instrument to fix it. Beautiful Product!

Recommended for combo/oily skin only. Not suited for dry skin as it will make the skin look chalky. Remember, this foundation is made for those with combo/oily skin so this foundation will benefit them the best.

on 7/11/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation and it covers my acnescarred skin perfectly.

I've been using this foundation for so long, ever since chanel came out with it actually! I still try other foundations but i keep coming back to this one. this foundation really does control my shine while at the same time making my skin like natural and matte--in a natural way of course. i looked at the ingredients and it contains silica powder which helps oily skin stay matte. This foundation gives such wonderful coverage without feeling too heavy or thick on the skin. I love this foundation and will continue to buy again and again!

on 5/5/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is truly a wonderful foundation. I have very oily skin, and this foundation kept the oils at bay, and did not turn orange. My skin looked natural and flawless. The lumiere foundations are incredible, they are worth every penny. The colour range is extensive, and the application easy. The foundation feels weightless. I will buy this again and again. The first bottle lasted me 9 months of daily use. Love this foundation

WOW. This is pretty much my HG foundation! *hugs Chanel bottle* I'VE FOUND YOUUUUUUUU !!! *throws glitter at Pixiwoo who helped her find this through their YouTube vids*

I wear #20 Clair and it is beautiful. I find I have a fairly neutral skin tone and this matches it perfectly. My goddddd it looks great in photographs! It looks natural, fresh, and smooth! For reference I have combination skin with a verrrrry oily t-zone. My cheeks often feel dry. After using a moisturizer, I find this does a great job of keeping my skin balanced.

I use a small stippling brush to put it on my face and buff it into the skin using a circular motion. I use a small concealer brush to apply it as concealer as well. I do not have very dark under-eye circles, don't really break out, and I don't really have fine lines at all. I like to build it up to cover up my redness! And it does the trick just great :)

It is quite pricey, yes, but I must say, one pump is more than enough (as others have mentioned) and great quality. Someone else mentioned they had spent much more money simply trying to find the perfect foundation! This is a dream come true.. never thought I'd find it :)

on 3/3/2011 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. I have oily, acne prone skin (although in my 30's) with large pores and acne scarring. My skin tone is also pale but I suffer from rosacea. I have always had a problem finding suitable foundations as pale colours usually have a pink undertone and highlight the red in my skin tone or they oxidize into an unflattering orange mess. I use this foundation in claire and the slight yellow undertone evens out my skin tone into a lovely natural healthy pale and totally camouflages the red tone. I used to have to use very heavy foundations to cover up, however, I now apply Olay 7 signs of aging serum as a primer to just melt this foundation into my skin. It goes on so lightly with the most fantastic coverage and complexion colour correction. Blackheads and pores on my nose are made invisible without looking like there is a thick layer of foundation covering them. It is has good oil control although I do need to touch up midday. The coverage is full in terms of hiding a multitude of skin problems but appears very light in application. Chanel has perfected the matte look which still allows your skin to look natural. The SPF of 15 is also very effective against the hot South African sun. It may be expensive but you only need two pumps to cover your face and the bottle lasts ages.

on 2/16/2011 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

My HG foundation, at last. As my skin has changed as I've gotten older, I must say I've maintained good skin. With what I have paid in foundation I haven't liked, I could have bought this twice. One pump is more than enough, and it has good color saturation. It leaves a beautiful finish, lasts all day and is simply beautiful. It's worth the money.