Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Love this foundation! I went in to a Dillard's counter and the girl matched me for this but they were out and she gave me two sample packets instead and I'm so amazed at the quality and staying power of this foundation. The packets last a really long time too so until I'm done with those I definitely be back to get the full size! As for the person who "went" to sephora and got a sample and hated it, because doesn't carry this product in the states I wish sephora carried chanel my rouge status would be out the roof!

on 9/14/2013 2:51:00 AM

Thought this was going to be amazing. I applied it one morning got into the car and my boyfriend said my makeup looked funny I looked in the mirror and it had grabbed onto my dry skin (i dont really even have dry skin) and just sunk into my pores went inside took it off and put on my Estée Lauder double wear. To try and make it work because it was so Exy was to use rosehip oil and a primer so my skin wouldn't be dry and the primer would help stop the foundation sinking into my pores. I found this greatly improved the appearance while its not 100% i can now wear it also I used my fingers to apply second time round instead of buffing brush.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am so surprised by all of the bad reviews! I did a swap for this foundation in 02. I am very pale with yellow undertones and it is very hard for me to find foundations that aren't too dark on my skin! This foundation matches me perfectly.

Pros:
Build-able coverage
Stays put all day
Does not break me out
Blends well
My skin does not get oily with this !

Cons:
Packaging sucks! The pump gets clogged VERY easy
This is a very heavy foundation. Have to be really cautious of how much you put on and that you blend well enough!

So far, I really do like this foundation. It makes my skin look beautiful! I will definitely repurchase if I run out (assuming it continues to work out so well for me). I do hope that in the future they change the pump, it really is NOT user friendly at all. My mother also wanted to steal this from me (she has light VERY oily/acne prone skin with pink undertones)- surprisingly, this foundation worked for her as well!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I went into myer and david jones in search of a foundation that would remain matte on my very oily t-zone but look healthy natural and touchable, not heavy which is a big ask I know but I thought I would try the high end brands and see what they have to offer. After being totally ignored at the Este Lauder Dior and Yves Saint Laurent counters, I found the mat lumiere liquid foundation at the Chanel counter and was excited as it sounded like exactly what I was looking for. The Chanel lady gave me incredibly helpful service and was absolutely lovely. Upon using the foundation it was ok not incredible but I thought I'd stick with it and see what I could do to work with it. I've now worn it about thirty times and it looks quite dull and heavy on my face. The colour doesn't remain true at all on my face, instead deteriorating into an oily, orange, blotchy and cakey mess by about lunch time. Not a huge colour selection either. At $72 it was a decent spend. The pump nozzle also seems to get clogged up right inside it and the foundation squirts like three separate little streams that squirt out really fast and get on the walls my clothes and travel amazingly far haha so that's inconvenient with blurry eyes first thing in the morning forgetting then having to clean up foundation off the walls. Wouldn't buy it again but the Chanel service was brilliant so there's an upside there! :)

on 11/21/2012 6:47:00 AM

My search for a matte foundation is over! I sooooo love this product. It really makes wonders on my skin. I stay matte for like 4 hrs without blotting which I usually do every hour when I am not wearing Mat de Lumiere. It also doesn't sit on my pores so my skin looks naturally flawless. It's medium coverage so I can still see some of the very dark spots which I occasionally have. But no problem with it since I can always use a concealer. My face also doesn't look cakey, it just looks very natural on me. And what's best? I can look flawless without the fear of breakouts. I love love Chanel! A bit pricey but worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think i should have never tried this foundation as my skin has many blemishes and acne scars. For me, this foundation was a waste of money and I've used it possible twice. Here are my pro's and con's.

Pro's:
-Very light texture
-Smells beautiful
-Nice packaging
-Nice finish (in some ways) and radiance

Cons:
-For people with my skin type, it has no coverage at all no matter how much you put on.
-Doesnt cover anything
-After about 15min, looks like you're not even wearing foundation. And i mean it does nothing.
-Very expensive
-Not much colour range (in Australia)

For me the con's weigh more than the pro's. I wouldn't think of buying this foundation again unless my skin was perfect (in which case, it won't need foundation anyway) and i wouldn't recommend it to someone who doesn't already have perfect skin, because it really does nothing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Upon first application this stuff is beautiful. But it fades pretty quick. It highlighted dry spots and looked cake-a-licious. It settled into pores and creased around my nose and settled into lines i didnt know i had. Lancome's new tient idole 24 hour is better than this and cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this in claire 20.My shade in bb stick is sand and mac nc 20.
However i am not lucky girls,claire 20 looks so brown in my skin.My face like too dark,tired and old.
I heard hype in woman forum in my country about chanel foundation and more the girl that forum have nc 20 match shade claire 20 but for me whyy not suit.
Maybe i match with lightest shade ivory or fiance 0,5
IF YOU ARE NC 20,YOU MUST TRY SAMPLE IVORY coz CLAIR 20 TOO BRONZE YELLOW imho.and i am asian not like TAN skin.I like pale pale pale its precious LOL
This foundation not stay along in hot climate.Its fade and oxidize crazy.
First I setting with loose powder mineral more lightest shade to cover brown colour so my skin look nice matte.But in 4 hour go to oxidize.
I give 3 lippies cause its perfect for me to potograph no whitecast.I think its a good enough only if chanel get down the price maybe for $30.

today i wear mat lumiere again.Go to hang out with my sister.I dont apply sunscreen and primer.Just mat lumiere direct to my skin.And this foundation look good stay longlast after 6 hour,still fresh with hot claim.
Now i think my sunscreen make mat lumiere fast oxidize coz without sunscreen its look much more good.
About the shade clair 20 in my skin still look so bronzie yellow sponge bob,slightly dark grey but people no comment that,so i think its oke.
Althought make my face yellowish.
I get much compliment from people sorround me today,so i thinks mat lumiere give big part for that compliment LOL.
i dont heart more,only like it.
Maybe i purchased this in fiance.
But not sure,i want to try DIOR SKIN FOREVER FLAWLESS TOO.

EDIT 07 JULY 12.
now i am so in love with this.Every wear using it,why i got much more compliment.My uncle,neighbour and people around me.where ever go they say you look beautiful,you face so smooth etc..what kind u powder.
everyone want to know my secret.
But finally chanel discontinued mat lumiere :'(

whyyyyy chanel ??its good foundie even i willing to spend $77 with u..DONT DISCONTINUED THIS STUFF
i give 5 lippie ++
from hate to love more

on 1/19/2012 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I ordered this online despite reviews and I have to say I hate it! I prefer my neutragena healthy skin foundation to this expensive product that looks awful on me. First off I have oily skin so anything matte I wanna give a try. But ya this seperated on me really bad I looked awful and kinda powdery.. I'm gonna send this back! Im on the hunt for my HG foundation! And this for me was not it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Horrible. I have combo/oily skin and this only made my skin more oily after 1 hr. Bummer, I was hopeful.