Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 6/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

This foundation is EVERYTHING!!

I have acne prone skin with a lot of discoloration. I use the beauty blender for the application and it gives me a flawless complexion. obviously, if you're oily. Setting powder is a must! I use bareminerals mineral veil on top of it.
Lasts all say. Does not break me out. :)

Not to mention I have tried: Dior, Armani and other high end foundations. Does not compare.

Love this foundation! I went in to a Dillard's counter and the girl matched me for this but they were out and she gave me two sample packets instead and I'm so amazed at the quality and staying power of this foundation. The packets last a really long time too so until I'm done with those I definitely be back to get the full size! As for the person who "went" to sephora and got a sample and hated it, because doesn't carry this product in the states I wish sephora carried chanel my rouge status would be out the roof!

on 4/21/2013 5:30:00 AM

I love this makeup and am just about to finish my second or third bottle (I used to use the old chanel Matte foundation that this one replaced). I have fair and fairly freckly but good clear skin, and I find this foundation is super easy to apply (I just slap it onto my face with my fingers onto moisturised skin) and I swipe translucent powder over the top, which is really not needed but I do it anyway. It has a nice texture - thick but not too thick, and quite moist going on, but it sets quickly. It lasts all day without needing touchups or a powder. I would say that it is medium weight. You can still see my freckles through it but they are softened.

As another reviewer said the packaging can trick you into squirting it all over the walls or benchtop if you are not careful! However the suction pump does ensure you get every last bit of this expensive formula out of it. Also, a bottle lasts me a good ten months, with using it every day.

on 2/9/2013 5:54:00 PM

My HG foundation. Pricey but it totally worth it. Ive tried tons of foundations, this is thd best for combo oily skin. Even though the pump does get cloggged after a few weeks of use, still worths it.
Love it...no more to say!

on 2/1/2013 2:49:00 PM

I love this foundation, it is excellent for my combination/oily skin and I love the smell. It is very easy to apply when I use my 187 stippling brush. I hope it doesn't get discontinue!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

L O V E this foundation. A little background story - I was going around to a whole heap of makeup counters the other day searching for a new foundation that would feel light, last long and have a medium coverage. Usually I would completely avoid Chanel thinking that it was for rich people and that the sales assistants would be snobby, but after getting terrible service from Mac (the lady was incredibly rude and made my face look orange and then walked off when I asked if I could wear the foundation around for the day just to see if I like it, does she expect me to pay $50 for a foundation that might not even work?) I thought I would give it a go. The people there were incredibly lovely and helped me out with finding a fab foundation. I was a bit hesitant with this one as I do have skin that's more on the dry side but i've had no problems with it at all. After receiving such good service and a day of wearing it, I decided I would pay $72 for it and i'm so glad I did. I've worn it from about 9am to 5pm on really hot days and it's lasted so well, it's INCREDIBLY light feeling and gives you a build-able medium coverage, it doesn't transfer onto clothing and it doesn't sweat off. People always tell me I have really good skin and I just tell them it's the foundation I use (this one) I really recommend! 5/5

on 9/18/2012 8:19:00 AM

This is the only foundation that was working on my skin (did not cause me breakouts, which I got from any other foundation I've tried). It stays nice on the skin for hours, has decent smell and it offers good coverage- I use only a bit every day. I am using it for 6 months now. I recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin and combination/ oily areas that has a hard time finding the right foundation.Its worth trying!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation (40 Beige). It provides absolutely flawless coverage, minimizes pores, and makes skin look luminous while also providing long-lasting coverage (I have to blot after about six hours due to my very oily skin.) I set this with a very light dusting of the Double Perfection Natural Matte Powder (110 Light Beige); however, I also use Mac Blot (Medium-Dark) or the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (003 Natural) with great results.

I switch between this and Diorskin Airflash, Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection, Georgio Armani Luminous Silk, Guerlain Parure Extreme, and Revlon Colorstay. I generally only use my fingertips for application and blending.

Pros:
1. Flawless coverage
2. Build-able coverage
3. Luminous finish
4. Long-lasting

Cons:
1. Price

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this in claire 20.My shade in bb stick is sand and mac nc 20.
However i am not lucky girls,claire 20 looks so brown in my skin.My face like too dark,tired and old.
I heard hype in woman forum in my country about chanel foundation and more the girl that forum have nc 20 match shade claire 20 but for me whyy not suit.
Maybe i match with lightest shade ivory or fiance 0,5
IF YOU ARE NC 20,YOU MUST TRY SAMPLE IVORY coz CLAIR 20 TOO BRONZE YELLOW imho.and i am asian not like TAN skin.I like pale pale pale its precious LOL
This foundation not stay along in hot climate.Its fade and oxidize crazy.
First I setting with loose powder mineral more lightest shade to cover brown colour so my skin look nice matte.But in 4 hour go to oxidize.
I give 3 lippies cause its perfect for me to potograph no whitecast.I think its a good enough only if chanel get down the price maybe for $30.

today i wear mat lumiere again.Go to hang out with my sister.I dont apply sunscreen and primer.Just mat lumiere direct to my skin.And this foundation look good stay longlast after 6 hour,still fresh with hot claim.
Now i think my sunscreen make mat lumiere fast oxidize coz without sunscreen its look much more good.
About the shade clair 20 in my skin still look so bronzie yellow sponge bob,slightly dark grey but people no comment that,so i think its oke.
Althought make my face yellowish.
I get much compliment from people sorround me today,so i thinks mat lumiere give big part for that compliment LOL.
i dont heart more,only like it.
Maybe i purchased this in fiance.
But not sure,i want to try DIOR SKIN FOREVER FLAWLESS TOO.

EDIT 07 JULY 12.
now i am so in love with this.Every wear using it,why i got much more compliment.My uncle,neighbour and people around me.where ever go they say you look beautiful,you face so smooth etc..what kind u powder.
everyone want to know my secret.
But finally chanel discontinued mat lumiere :'(

whyyyyy chanel ??its good foundie even i willing to spend $77 with u..DONT DISCONTINUED THIS STUFF
i give 5 lippie ++
from hate to love more

on 1/18/2012 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING!
My skin...
Colour: MAC NW20
Age: 14 with super oily skin and pimples.
Skin type: Oily on cheeks, nose and top of forehead.
Dry on chin, temples and sides of face.

This foundation is amazing! I have tried several foundations such as MAC Select SPF 15, MAC match master, Covergirl Nature Luxe and Covergirl Clean and NOTHING compares to this foundation.

Mat Lumiere does what it advertises. It makes my skin mat, and gives brilliant oil control and covering of oil. It provides a brilliant coverage for me, as I like my foundations to be light but covering and not cakey and thick. This foundation is buildable for a nighttime look or for those girls that like more coverage. In Australia I paid $72 for a 30ml bottle. I was hesitant at first but when the girl put it on my skin I realised I was completely wrong, and the foundation was perfect for me. I will definitely be repurchasing and I recommend it to the girls out there with oily and/or acne prone skin that are looking for a lightweight, fresh, non pore clogging, oil control, mat finish foundation :)
Oh and I dont no what it smells like but it smells AMAZING!
ITS WORTH THE MONEY GIRLS!