CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 1/5/2016 8:37:00 PM

quite good coverage but color is strong need to change color in summer nice scent

on 1/19/2015 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a fan of chanel perfumes but as far as cosmetics are concerned i usually went as far as lipsticks and mascara(le volume de chanel is amazing by the way...). Recently i decided to try out their foundations due to a discount that chanel had and it is the only way that i can afford this foundation.. And it is Definately worth it!!! As far as packaging is concerned we all know that chanel is the best at it but i will not talk about it because the foundation is what it is important. In a few words:

-it feels very nice on my acne prone skin
-it glides on smoothly
-it is not extremely matte and not cackey at all! It is the perfect balance between matte and silky foundation
-it last almost all day without melting on my skin or fading
-it has medium coverage. If you wish to completely hide your flaws this is not the foundation that you will choose. But it is not sheer! It has a nice medium coverage.
I have acne prone skin and some minor scaring and redness and it hides them good but not completely!
-It gives my face a nice subtle silky glow and makes me look rested and fresh
-it may enlarge your pores a bit.

Generally i have nothing bad to say. I have only used it for 3 days now and i cannot talk about breakouts. The furure will tell!

on 10/26/2014 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! This product gives a beautiful finish , it is not completely matte, it just gives you a healthy glow. For it's coverage I would say it is medium coverage but it is buildable. It's lasting power is great, I wore this yesterday to work and went to a party afterwards and when I got home it still looked pretty good! I apply this foundation with a zoeva silky finish brush and powder off with Mac prep and prime pressed finishing power and this makes it last for ages. I would say this is my favourite foundation right now!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried all various liquid Foundations and always come back to this one. It has great coverage, long lasting and doesn't have a smell! Packaging is luxurious and gorgeous, as it should be for the price! I have oily/combination skin, prone to chin breakouts, and for years used Clinique's oil free foundation. However they changed their formulation, and all of a sudden it became an awful product which I was lucky if it was still on by lunch time! My daughter also uses Chanel Matt Lumiere, so I tried hers and immediately wondered why I wasn't! I cant remember why I originally stopped using it, but I'm back with it now as my HG in liquid foundation. I love the fact that Chanel has no problem taking back, swapping items when required. So if I try a new product that doesn't live up to expectations then I feel safe in the knowledge I can get my money back or swap for an alternative product. IMHO I think it's prudent to spend more on your foundation, as it is the canvas for your makeup. You can then be more penny pinching on items such as lip liners and nail varnish. I really am a Chanel-O-Holic, but their nail varnish chips really quickly and I have lip liners that do just a good job as Chanel liners, at a fraction of the cost. Plus the money I save doing this means I can Purchase my signature scent Coco Chanel!

on 6/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

This foundation is EVERYTHING!!

I have acne prone skin with a lot of discoloration. I use the beauty blender for the application and it gives me a flawless complexion. obviously, if you're oily. Setting powder is a must! I use bareminerals mineral veil on top of it.
Lasts all say. Does not break me out. :)

Not to mention I have tried: Dior, Armani and other high end foundations. Does not compare.

Love this foundation! I went in to a Dillard's counter and the girl matched me for this but they were out and she gave me two sample packets instead and I'm so amazed at the quality and staying power of this foundation. The packets last a really long time too so until I'm done with those I definitely be back to get the full size! As for the person who "went" to sephora and got a sample and hated it, because doesn't carry this product in the states I wish sephora carried chanel my rouge status would be out the roof!

on 10/15/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice foundation, to start off the packaging is gorgeous -as it is
with all chanel products! The formula has got a good amount of coverage, easily
buildable. The finish is a demi-matte, so it doesn't leave you absolutely chalky, it
imparts a slight glow that keeps you looking fresh. As gorgeous as the formula is though
I just think it is way overpriced, especially considering this formula just does not last very
well on me.

on 9/14/2013 2:51:00 AM

Thought this was going to be amazing. I applied it one morning got into the car and my boyfriend said my makeup looked funny I looked in the mirror and it had grabbed onto my dry skin (i dont really even have dry skin) and just sunk into my pores went inside took it off and put on my Estée Lauder double wear. To try and make it work because it was so Exy was to use rosehip oil and a primer so my skin wouldn't be dry and the primer would help stop the foundation sinking into my pores. I found this greatly improved the appearance while its not 100% i can now wear it also I used my fingers to apply second time round instead of buffing brush.

on 4/21/2013 5:30:00 AM

I love this makeup and am just about to finish my second or third bottle (I used to use the old chanel Matte foundation that this one replaced). I have fair and fairly freckly but good clear skin, and I find this foundation is super easy to apply (I just slap it onto my face with my fingers onto moisturised skin) and I swipe translucent powder over the top, which is really not needed but I do it anyway. It has a nice texture - thick but not too thick, and quite moist going on, but it sets quickly. It lasts all day without needing touchups or a powder. I would say that it is medium weight. You can still see my freckles through it but they are softened.

As another reviewer said the packaging can trick you into squirting it all over the walls or benchtop if you are not careful! However the suction pump does ensure you get every last bit of this expensive formula out of it. Also, a bottle lasts me a good ten months, with using it every day.

on 2/9/2013 5:54:00 PM

My HG foundation. Pricey but it totally worth it. Ive tried tons of foundations, this is thd best for combo oily skin. Even though the pump does get cloggged after a few weeks of use, still worths it.
Love it...no more to say!