Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this for about a week and so far, it's my most preferred foundation. I also have the Vitalumiere Aqua Compact from Chanel and love the finish of that one more, but I have oily skin and it's summer so... I have this in 5 Naturel and I'm about an nc40. Honestly it's a hint too light, but I top this foundation off with the perfection Lumiere powder in B60 which is my skin color, so it looks almost perfect. I also have oily, sensitive skin that loves to eat foundation. The first time I tried this foundation, I didn't like it because my face literally does eat it up and it becomes patchy quickly. However, with some testing, I've discovered that using the chanel illuminating base helps keep it on longer. Since its summer, I've been using Phillis's milk of magnesia as a primer, and this helps it last a really nice amount of time, and it doesn't get too oily. I wore it today from 8-4 and it didn't look super great at the end of the day, but I honestly didn't expect it to. It help up pretty well, although it did get patchy in some areas. However, I did just start tazorac and my skin is kind of problematic right now, so maybe it was just a rough skin day. Anyway, I gave this an overall 4 because I do really like it, but I do have to prime and powder with this, and it doesn't last more than 7 hours on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

L O V E this foundation. A little background story - I was going around to a whole heap of makeup counters the other day searching for a new foundation that would feel light, last long and have a medium coverage. Usually I would completely avoid Chanel thinking that it was for rich people and that the sales assistants would be snobby, but after getting terrible service from Mac (the lady was incredibly rude and made my face look orange and then walked off when I asked if I could wear the foundation around for the day just to see if I like it, does she expect me to pay $50 for a foundation that might not even work?) I thought I would give it a go. The people there were incredibly lovely and helped me out with finding a fab foundation. I was a bit hesitant with this one as I do have skin that's more on the dry side but i've had no problems with it at all. After receiving such good service and a day of wearing it, I decided I would pay $72 for it and i'm so glad I did. I've worn it from about 9am to 5pm on really hot days and it's lasted so well, it's INCREDIBLY light feeling and gives you a build-able medium coverage, it doesn't transfer onto clothing and it doesn't sweat off. People always tell me I have really good skin and I just tell them it's the foundation I use (this one) I really recommend! 5/5

on 11/14/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I find this foundation horrible - it oxidises and looks flakey and feels so heavy on my skin. The only way I'm able to use it up is by mixing it 50/50 with a thick sunscreen which gets rid of the dark orange cast and helps it smooth over the skin a little better. I have super oily skin but this stuff actually makes the tip of my nose and cheeks look dry when worn on it's own. I regret trying something other than my favourite by another brand and certainly won't repurchase!

on 3/20/2012 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No. No. & NO. a SA suggested this for my oily skin at the chanel counter so I bought this in natural. This was way too heavy of a foundation in my skin. I am more of a light foundation person. My face looked too made up and this made my skin break out like crazy! As for oil control I don't think it did a good job either. It caked up around my cheek area and forehead. I could tell the first time I put it on that my skin couldn't breathe at all. Not to mention how expensive it was. This was crap to me. Not worth the break outs.

I normally don't use foundations with this heavy and with this much coverage. But since i love Chanel makeup (and their foundations) i got this one when i was having some problems with my skin. I thought a better coverage will help my skin to look better. But it didn't. I guess i can't blame the foundation, that i didn't like the look of it. It's just my personal preference to conceal where needed rather than having a heavy foundation all over the face.
So my objective opinion is that this may be a really good foundation for people with combination or oily skin and for those who like (or don't mind) wearing heavier foundations. I will not repurchase, but i will use it up.

By the way, in my opinion it looks much better in artificial light than daylight. And I definitely liked it better than MUFE Matte Velvet +

on 1/14/2012 6:41:00 AM

Pros:

- Really is 'my skin but better'. You can't tell you're wearing anything on your skin.
- Smells divine.
- Ease of application. Works just as well with fingers as a brush
- Doesn't go oily
- Doesn't stick to dry bits

Cons:

- Shade selection is poor
- When you put it on, it matches my colour but within an hour it oxidizes to orange. I've tried three different colours and this happens with them all.
- It clumps around the top of the nozzle so when you pump some out it can spray in the opposite direction and ruin your clothes!
- You need a few pumps to cover whole face and neck so won't last as long as you'd think.

Really wish this didn't oxidise and they'd more pale shades as it is a lovely foundation. The thing I've noticed about Chanel SAs are though that they're always trying to 'warm up' your skin colour.

Hopefully these issues are addressed in their new foundation.

on 12/22/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will buy this again because this is the best foundation I have ever used or tried. It just helps me to turn my face into a uni-pattern & uni-color canvas where I can paint colors over it.
First of all it looks like a second skin, very natural while covering my broken capillaries, matches perfectly with my skin color (NW20 in Mac, 20 Clair is a perfect match, when I tan in the summer I match with 30 Cendre) , does not settle into my fine lines.
I have a combination skin, usually foundations highlight my dry parts but Mat Lumiere does not do such thing. I blot my forehead and nose 2 times during the whole day and night and that's it.
I set it with Chanel Loose Powder Universal in 20 Clair, another favorite.

on 8/21/2011 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I had really high hopes for this foundation but I find that it doesn't control my oilyness. In fact my skin is even more oily after using this foundation. The color that I got looks really orange in the container but once I apply it ..I don't see the orange tinge. The shade blends in well. Now if only I could have this foundation stay in place. I use this foundation with my amazing cosmetics primer and after a few hours I am really oily. The coverage is medium. Overall, I am not really impressed so I will not buy it again.

on 2/16/2011 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

My HG foundation, at last. As my skin has changed as I've gotten older, I must say I've maintained good skin. With what I have paid in foundation I haven't liked, I could have bought this twice. One pump is more than enough, and it has good color saturation. It leaves a beautiful finish, lasts all day and is simply beautiful. It's worth the money.

on 6/5/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this foundation because the SPF 15 is only titanium dioxide and so few liquid foundations offer that option. I am using 02 Porcelaine and it works well for my pale, rosacea skin. I also use Le Blanc de Chanel to "pale out" the redness on my cheeks if it is flaring. Love the coverage of this foundation. I have normal skin and it works well for me. But know that the titanium dioxide gives it extra coverage and may not be what some need or want.