Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have terrifically horribly oily skin, as well as very acne-prone skin. I've used a Benzyol Peroxide-gel for a couple of weeks to get rid of my acne, so it's better now than before, but still.

Anyway. I bought this foundation because I was really fed up with using foundation from the Body Shop - which looked cakey and oily on me. So I went into a department store and decided I'd buy a Chanel one, just because I think the packaging looked amazing.
The lady at the counter told me that Mat Lumière would fit me because of my oily skin, and so I bought it about 2 months ago.

The first month I was reaaaally let down. It didn't keep me matte for more than about an hour before I'd be oilier than a piece of bacon. I tried Chanel's powders and different primers, but nothing seemed to work. Then I changed from my L'Oréal HydraFresh moisturiser to a new one from Nivea, and suddenly - BOOM, I was surprised by this foundation. Not only does it keep me matte the whole day, it doesn't have that overly-powdered look I hate so much. I don't really have to apply a primer before I use this, it stays on for ages - I put it on before I go to school, and I still have that newly-makeuped look when I take off my makeup right before bed.

The philosophy of Chanel is not to have a perfect skin with no colouration from acne scars etc etc, but to enhance your naturally beauty. Therefore the Mat Lumière foundation isn't even close to full-coverage, but it covers up the most essential, like my red areas around my nose and cheeks. I also love the luminous look I get from this, that always keeps me looking healthy and natural. I really recommend this one if you're looking for a high-class, everyday foundation to keep you matte and natural! x

on 10/26/2014 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! This product gives a beautiful finish , it is not completely matte, it just gives you a healthy glow. For it's coverage I would say it is medium coverage but it is buildable. It's lasting power is great, I wore this yesterday to work and went to a party afterwards and when I got home it still looked pretty good! I apply this foundation with a zoeva silky finish brush and powder off with Mac prep and prime pressed finishing power and this makes it last for ages. I would say this is my favourite foundation right now!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

for oil control I don't think it did a good job .It caked up around my forehead and nose it's a no for me !

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I had been using Clinique's oil-free foundation when I decided it was time I picked out a new foundation. I loved mine (is great at oil control and looks & feels very natural on the skin), but it had a sheer coverage. So I started asking my friends and looking for reviews about several foundations. I was recommended this one, thought "Wow, pricey, but it is Chanel. Maybe it's worth it!" and got a sample at a Sephora store.

First of all, the one I got did not match my skin tone at all. My faced looked so orange and artificial! Once again, a bad experience with Sephora's employees.
Secondly, it is an extremely heavy foundation: it feels like paint on your face, which is just awful to me since I have oily skin and a preference for looking natural.
And the worst is it has sheer to medium coverage when that's not what Chanel describes.

Overall, this foundation made me look like a fake painted orange. Awesome, right? Thank God I got a sample before buying it! I don't recommend this product at all and I'm not buying it for sure. It's a pricey crap.

on 10/15/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice foundation, to start off the packaging is gorgeous -as it is
with all chanel products! The formula has got a good amount of coverage, easily
buildable. The finish is a demi-matte, so it doesn't leave you absolutely chalky, it
imparts a slight glow that keeps you looking fresh. As gorgeous as the formula is though
I just think it is way overpriced, especially considering this formula just does not last very
well on me.

on 8/4/2013 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! It is the only foundation I have found that keeps my skin shine-free ALL DAY! It provides excellent coverage that lasts from morning to night. Love it!

on 6/7/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hi.

This is my first review post ever and I would have to say that Mat Lumiere from Chanel 30 cendre intensity 1.5. is by far the best liquid foundation for my skin. I'm in my late 20's and have oily/combination skin with pores (which by the way are minimizing, thank God :) ). I have tried Estee Lauder double wear foundation. Christian Dior, Nars, Clarins, Mac, and many others, But there is no other foundation that has left my skin so flawless, even, and absolutely beautiful. This foundation helps minimizes my pores and does not clog them up, it doesn't make me feel cakey. I would repurchase over and over again. I use the real technique brush foundation (the stippling brush) and it just makes the foundation absorb right through the skin even more. I will be getting married soon and this is the foundation that I will be using on my day, I won't change it for another one. I also use a finishing powder and makes my skin look flawless. Absolutely amazing :)

on 2/8/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have only been wearing this foundation for about 1 week and I LOVE it. I am super-picky about make-up. As a fair-skinned black woman, finding a high-end make-up base to match is usually a challenge. I finally decided to try Chanel, and I'm so glad I did! I would never have chosen Soft Honey-it looked a bit too light in the store, but after wearing an hour or so, it took on a very lovely shade (oxidation, I suppose). I have moderately oily skin that is a bit uneven but without any type of scarring. It provides just enough coverage for both everyday and evening wear, and it lasts ALL day! I am not a fan of powder,and I don't need it with this foundation. The pump top is very nice. Very pricey, but worth it so far. The texture is a bit dry, but probably contributes to its long wearability. The best I have used in a very long time!

on 1/30/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I bought it in the summer because i have oily skin. it became so shiny in an hour, more shiny than a typical "non matte" foundation. I couldnt believe a foundation that claimed to be matte was so shiny! But, i do like it in the winter. However, it does feel a little heavy after a few hours and i feel like you can easily see that im wearing foundation. its weird because i still like it. i like the color and the texture when it firsts goes on. Basically i like it during its first hour of wear lol. and for some reason i want to buy it again. But i prob wont.

on 12/11/2012 10:04:00 AM

Current Foundation.
Really like this product. Was previously using Chanel's Pefection Lumiere and I am a big Chanel fan. I switched to the Mat Lumiere when I realised that Pefection's slight "matte" coverage really wasn't enough for me. I was impressed that the price for the Mat Lumiere was about $10 cheaper for the same amount of product (30ml I think?) So that's a pro definitely.
The foundation is quite thick so you do have to work quickly with it as it is fast drying. I recommend using a duo fibre brush and doing a light layer. Leave it to set as it does Oxidise on the face and then go over with your usual foundation brush onto areas that need more coverage like under the eyes etc.
I wouldn't say its my "Holy Grail" foundation, but it's definitely a great Mat Foundation with that amazing Chanel packaging and Fragrance. Okay value for money and does definitely last me longer than the 12 months they say it will.
A+!