Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 6/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

This foundation is EVERYTHING!!

I have acne prone skin with a lot of discoloration. I use the beauty blender for the application and it gives me a flawless complexion. obviously, if you're oily. Setting powder is a must! I use bareminerals mineral veil on top of it.
Lasts all say. Does not break me out. :)

Not to mention I have tried: Dior, Armani and other high end foundations. Does not compare.

on 9/18/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

What it claims:
Perfect for combination skin with a tendency to shine, this oil-free formula delivers a soft, natural matte finish with maximum staying power. Medium coverage looks impeccable and shine-free for up to 12 hours.

What it does to me:
As I have combination skin and am oily on the t-zone/nose, this is a wonderful foundation. It gives me a soft, natural matte finish which is really nice and for those who prefer it. It lasts the whole day and can be applied with a stippling or paddle brush easily. It isn't shine free for 12 hours but it does last the whole day. It clogs easily so be prepared to use a thin instrument to fix it. Beautiful Product!

Recommended for combo/oily skin only. Not suited for dry skin as it will make the skin look chalky. Remember, this foundation is made for those with combo/oily skin so this foundation will benefit them the best.

This is my favorite high end foundation; I like it over MAC, MUFE, NARS, Clinique, etc, but I just didn't like the price. I also wish they had a better color selection.

on 3/8/2011 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It's the best foundation I've ever tried! It's perfect for my skin type - combination- because it covers VERY WELL acne scars and also it has that fresh look, without being powdery! I have problems with acne scars, so I wanted a foundation that would cover them very well, but also to look natural, dewy.. And this is it! The color 40 suits me perfect, it's a golden tone.. I heard many people saying about Chanel that it has good colors. And that was a problem for me, because I never found a color to suit me better than this one. Try it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really love this foundation as it gives me an amazing glow without looking shiny or dewy. i bought shade #12/opaline from SN and it is perfects for my skin as it is more yellow based but not in an overpowering way.

I find the best way to apply it is with a combination or fingers and a stippling brush. This technique means i get a light coverage which is buildable if needed and it seems to almost airbrush my skin. i prefer a light wash of foundation and then use a good concealer rather than a foundation mask so this foundation is totally HG for what I need

on 12/20/2010 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have finally found my HG foundation. I have combination skin and this foundation controls the oiliness and nurtures the dryness, all while adding a soft matte finish. Also, If you have yellow undertones then this foundation is perfect. Who likes the mask feel? Not me!! I love that it's light weight, but still gives great coverage. If you have any worries about making the investment (check the price, it is quite the investment hehe), then just ask for a sample at your local Chanel counter. I also want to add that with this foundation a little goes a long way. One pump and you are flawless! ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love that this package comes with a pump.
Not a great color selection for darker skin women but luckily enough for me the 120 walnut matches my skin tone. ( I think there is only two for darker skin complexion folks)
Very sheer feeling but gives a good amount coverage ( still need concealer if have acne scars).
Doesn't feel heavy on the skin...like I don't really notice that I am wearing it at times. seriously, unlike MAc studio fix fluid my skin can breathe but I don't really like how after a while you can have a yellow cast.
Long lasting....dries pretty quickly....expensive but I like it.

on 8/27/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm SO excited for this review. This is my first HG foundation and I think it'll always be. :) So, first of all, I couldn't find the right foundation at all, I have golden undertones, basically the same skin color as Kim kardashian's just a litttle lighter, and it's so hard to find a foundation that matches me. I went to the Chanel counter since I was looking for a new foundation, I was debating wether I should get Giorgio Armani or Nars. But desperate I went to Chanel. I told the SA about my skin, which is oily, but can get very dry all at the same time and acne prone. My foundations never gave me the coverage and color that I wanted, so the lady suggested teint innocence, perfect color match! Since I have acne prone skin, teint innocence is the only oily free Chanel foundation, but I didn't like the fact that after 3 hours I was a grease ball. So desperate, I told my mom I wanted to try mat lumiere, perfect color match in 40 beige, perfect coverage and perfect finish, it's not flat matte, it's a Dewey mat. It's not oil free, so I was very hesitant. But omg! I actually feel like this is helping my skin, it's looks so much clearer! I love this foundation. But I suggest you exfoliate before if you have any dry patches. This makes my skin look FLAWLESS.

EDIT: sorry, I mixed this up with teint innocence. I feel all these things about teint innocence, although mat lumiere is great too! I'm just in love with teint innocence now. :)

on 5/26/2010 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Been using this for about 6 months now and buying another bottle again in a few days as close to running out plus I want to try a shade darker as I've gotten a bit darker since the last time I bought it. I admit it is quite expensive for 30 GB pounds but It is worth it and would rather pay for a product like this that works and there's a lot in the bottle so a little goes a long way.

I LOVE the pump feature as makes it so easy to get the product out and find it more hygienic. I tried this before upon recommendation of my friend who is a make up artist and so glad I did. I do have quite a lot of acne scars and get spots once in a while and this covers all of this very well. It gives a very nice finish I wouldn't say it's extremely matte but for me it gives me a nice glow not oily at all. The coverage is buildable so it's good for either a daytime or nighttime look.

on 4/20/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

WOW, I'm shocked for the lippies on this prodcut! I love this product because it's simply amazing! It def. provides full coverage with my acne prone skin! What I like most about this besides the finish is that it comes with a pump and you will for sure know that you'll use all the product because it is vacuum pumped. Not all Chanel foundation is like this, but this is def. one of them. I will be repurchasing this over and over again, I just hope the prices don't increase.