Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 6/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

This foundation is EVERYTHING!!

I have acne prone skin with a lot of discoloration. I use the beauty blender for the application and it gives me a flawless complexion. obviously, if you're oily. Setting powder is a must! I use bareminerals mineral veil on top of it.
Lasts all say. Does not break me out. :)

Not to mention I have tried: Dior, Armani and other high end foundations. Does not compare.

on 9/20/2012 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After reading another users comment about the fragrance/smell I have to comment. After reading product smelled bad like rotting flowers and clay pots I was almost turned off from buying this. Well I looked up ingredients and fragrance is not listed. So there is no "fragrance" except what the formulation naturally gives off. Bought this foundation and the smell is not bad. It smells like any other foundation ingredients. There is a slight smell but it's not gross and you can't really smell it when the foundation is on your face. Having said all that the color Walnut is a great match. And thats about it. Texture is so-so. Doesn't do anything for skin appearance. Skin looks dull and flat. Will definitely have to wear pretty blush to liven up face. Won't buy this one again.

on 8/24/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After 6 months of frequent use (used on and off for about a year), I've finally come to the conclusion that this was clogging my pores and one of the things contributing to my horrific breakouts. My skin has gone completely apesh!t this year and after eliminating everything from my regimen and starting from scratch, I can definitely say this foundation is a pore clogger for me. I have sensitive/combo/slightly dehydrated/acne prone skin.

Pros:
- Purchased this in 30 and the shade match is purrrfect.
- Offers medium coverage and hides acne scars pretty well
- Good/great lasting power depending on the season when used with a primer (6 hours in sweaty summer before I need to blot, no blotting needed in winter)
- Packaging is pretty; I like the pump and the look of the glass bottle
- Blends well
- Photographs beautifully

Cons:
- Expensive..I think it was over fiddy bones before taxes
- Can sometimes feel like you're wearing foundation but that only happens when I don't wear a primer underneath
- Pore clogger

I previously used Pro Lumiere which didn't give me any problems, but now that it's been discontinued, I will need to take a moment of silence to mourn its loss :(

I think this would be a great foundation for gals without problem skin. It blends very well, can hide pretty much anything, and holds up throughout the day. Unfortunately for me, I will continue my search for something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think i should have never tried this foundation as my skin has many blemishes and acne scars. For me, this foundation was a waste of money and I've used it possible twice. Here are my pro's and con's.

Pro's:
-Very light texture
-Smells beautiful
-Nice packaging
-Nice finish (in some ways) and radiance

Cons:
-For people with my skin type, it has no coverage at all no matter how much you put on.
-Doesnt cover anything
-After about 15min, looks like you're not even wearing foundation. And i mean it does nothing.
-Very expensive
-Not much colour range (in Australia)

For me the con's weigh more than the pro's. I wouldn't think of buying this foundation again unless my skin was perfect (in which case, it won't need foundation anyway) and i wouldn't recommend it to someone who doesn't already have perfect skin, because it really does nothing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Upon first application this stuff is beautiful. But it fades pretty quick. It highlighted dry spots and looked cake-a-licious. It settled into pores and creased around my nose and settled into lines i didnt know i had. Lancome's new tient idole 24 hour is better than this and cheaper.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

(Shade- 04- Beige) It's a wicked foundation. Smells great, feels great and looks great. If you apply it the right way, end result looks immaculate. Great for covering up acne scars, etc. I have taken photos with flash using this foundation and I have noticed my face to come out white..which may be due to the spf..however, I was wearing sun cream under as well..so I'm not entirely sure whether it was due to the foundation or not. I have worn this on a really hot day, was outside most of the day, and had college as well..and noticed my face looked so fresh which is usually unusual cos I normally have to re touch my face at least once in a day! Was suprised everytime I saw my reflection..so the lasting power is pretty good :) Just to warn you, when I first wore the foundation, I noticed to start breaking out..BUT i tried using it again..I mean it is 33, didn't wanna chuck it away..my face didn't react after..so at least try it a few times before chucking it away..you might be a little bit sensitive.

on 3/13/2012 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

one of my favorite foundation, doesn't clog pores or cause any breakouts, and it lasts forever. it leaves my skin glowing which is a huge plus and conceals my acne scars really well! however i do notice that it's can be slightly tricky when it comes to blending and will cause patchiness without proper blending, which consumes more time compared to other foundation.

on 12/10/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

there's a lot of people saying that the Mat Lumiere doesn't give that flat matte look which I agree and totally love. It does give me a glowing finish but no shine. Coverage it says to be sheer to medium, but I believe it is buildable and can be almost full coverage because it is quite thick. Now since it is quite thick it does take a bit of effort blend it compare to VitaLumiere. Ok, now about the shades it is really disappointing because there's not much shades in UK compare to US. What's more disappointing is that the darkest shade in UK, 60 Hale' which I used is also discontinued. 60 is like for NC 30-35. the texture like I said it's thick, and it has a fragrance and quite strong actually. But it's not that alcohol-like smell which we always got in a matte foundation, it is actually quite florally and I actually like it, it's my first loving fragrance in makeup. If they got 60 Hale' again I would totally buy it. Now I'm trying the Lift Lumiere since they got the shade in 60.

on 11/15/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty good foundation considering I tend to break out a lot! It is meant to be a 'matte' foundation but I found it more of a 'matte luminous' finish rather than true matte, which meant it looked very natural even under a bit of powder. I wouldn't say it lasts all day without touchups if you have very oily skin like me, but if you're more on the combination to slightly oily and you want a natural finish AND you're prepared to shell out a lot of money on good foundation, then this is a pretty good pick. I always feel very luxurious and beautiful when I wear this, maybe because I'm wearing Chanel :P But it is a pretty good product that hasn't irritated me or made me break out. The only real complaint is that it doesn't come in a very wide range of colours which really sucks because my colour isn't perfect for my skin tone, but I think Chanel have addressed this with their range of 'perfection lumiere' foundations coming out soon (comes in a LOT of colours compared to this range!).

on 9/18/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

What it claims:
Perfect for combination skin with a tendency to shine, this oil-free formula delivers a soft, natural matte finish with maximum staying power. Medium coverage looks impeccable and shine-free for up to 12 hours.

What it does to me:
As I have combination skin and am oily on the t-zone/nose, this is a wonderful foundation. It gives me a soft, natural matte finish which is really nice and for those who prefer it. It lasts the whole day and can be applied with a stippling or paddle brush easily. It isn't shine free for 12 hours but it does last the whole day. It clogs easily so be prepared to use a thin instrument to fix it. Beautiful Product!

Recommended for combo/oily skin only. Not suited for dry skin as it will make the skin look chalky. Remember, this foundation is made for those with combo/oily skin so this foundation will benefit them the best.