Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 4/10/2016 10:08:00 PM

My absolute favorite foundation! Keeps me matte all day and doesn't cling onto my horrrrible dry patches. The coverage is medium to medium-full, completely buildable and no matter how much you pack on it still feels as though you are wearing nothing at all. I tested it in a friend with dry skin and she absolutely loves it as well. Only downside is that it dries a bit fast, similar to Estee Lauder's DW but if worked with within a reasonable time it blends beautifully (especially with clean fingers!) Absolutely loveee it.

on 2/19/2016 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation didn't work for me as it made my combination skin really oily after a couple of hours. The colour match for my NW15 skin was great though and right after application, my skin looked lovely. The result however, didn't last. Not for me.

Since I have oily skin, I decided to go on the hunt for a mattifying foundation that will not contribute to potential breakouts and will also leave me with nice looking skin (not too shiny and not too dull). A friend of mine recommended this foundation to me and I decided to give it a go; I got it colour-matched (the lady at the counter gave me a pinkish-undertone instead of a yellow-undertone which was a bit of a throw-off) and I've used it a couple of times. It's very thick in consistency and feels very heavy. It's an alright foundation I guess, but I feel like I didn't get what I paid for. It's a medium coverage and makes my face look very dull and cakey (have to contour a lot and apply blush to add dimension back to my face). Feels tacky. After first use, I broke out on my cheeks (where I applied most product).

Pro's: Packaging is great (glass bottle WITH pump great bonus), wide range of colours (although I wish the makeup counter lady matched it properly).
Con's: Not for all day use, mattifies for only a short amount of time before I go oily again, too cakey and can't set it with a powder or else it looks too done-up, price is horrendous for the amount and quality of product, not good for night-time events due to SPF.

Overall, would not re-purchase, I would've expected more from a high-end foundation.

on 1/19/2015 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a fan of chanel perfumes but as far as cosmetics are concerned i usually went as far as lipsticks and mascara(le volume de chanel is amazing by the way...). Recently i decided to try out their foundations due to a discount that chanel had and it is the only way that i can afford this foundation.. And it is Definately worth it!!! As far as packaging is concerned we all know that chanel is the best at it but i will not talk about it because the foundation is what it is important. In a few words:

-it feels very nice on my acne prone skin
-it glides on smoothly
-it is not extremely matte and not cackey at all! It is the perfect balance between matte and silky foundation
-it last almost all day without melting on my skin or fading
-it has medium coverage. If you wish to completely hide your flaws this is not the foundation that you will choose. But it is not sheer! It has a nice medium coverage.
I have acne prone skin and some minor scaring and redness and it hides them good but not completely!
-It gives my face a nice subtle silky glow and makes me look rested and fresh
-it may enlarge your pores a bit.

Generally i have nothing bad to say. I have only used it for 3 days now and i cannot talk about breakouts. The furure will tell!

on 11/1/2014 9:07:00 AM

Nice packaging, pretty easy to apply, covers some but not all of my redness. It is easy to build up if you'd like more coverage, but it made my pores more visible the more I buildt it up. I had to wear some powder on top of it, as it looked a bit shiny in my t-zone even right after applying it. It looked good for about 8 hours and had an OK oil control, but after five hours I had to keep repowdering a lot to make my face look shine free. I would probably have to apply more foundation if I were going out etc. in the evening when applied in the morning. With Estee Lauder Double wear and MAC pro longwear foundation, I don't need to do this. Not the best in it's class, but still makes my face look dewey and fresh for some hours.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried all various liquid Foundations and always come back to this one. It has great coverage, long lasting and doesn't have a smell! Packaging is luxurious and gorgeous, as it should be for the price! I have oily/combination skin, prone to chin breakouts, and for years used Clinique's oil free foundation. However they changed their formulation, and all of a sudden it became an awful product which I was lucky if it was still on by lunch time! My daughter also uses Chanel Matt Lumiere, so I tried hers and immediately wondered why I wasn't! I cant remember why I originally stopped using it, but I'm back with it now as my HG in liquid foundation. I love the fact that Chanel has no problem taking back, swapping items when required. So if I try a new product that doesn't live up to expectations then I feel safe in the knowledge I can get my money back or swap for an alternative product. IMHO I think it's prudent to spend more on your foundation, as it is the canvas for your makeup. You can then be more penny pinching on items such as lip liners and nail varnish. I really am a Chanel-O-Holic, but their nail varnish chips really quickly and I have lip liners that do just a good job as Chanel liners, at a fraction of the cost. Plus the money I save doing this means I can Purchase my signature scent Coco Chanel!

Love this foundation! I went in to a Dillard's counter and the girl matched me for this but they were out and she gave me two sample packets instead and I'm so amazed at the quality and staying power of this foundation. The packets last a really long time too so until I'm done with those I definitely be back to get the full size! As for the person who "went" to sephora and got a sample and hated it, because doesn't carry this product in the states I wish sephora carried chanel my rouge status would be out the roof!

on 2/27/2014 10:02:00 AM

Pros: Stays matt on my oily/combination skin where most other foundation i have tried hasn't.
Staying power
Pump pack
Consistency is a creamy consistency
Packaging
Scent
Semi matt finish
Medium coverage

Cons: It is quite an expensive foundation.
Limited colour range - I am shade 20 Claire in this foundation and it comes out too dark and yellowish on my skin tone (this is why I will unfortunately not be repurchasing this foundation).
Pump pack gets clogged which for me wasn't really a big issue but for some, they might get annoyed with this.
It is drying to the skin even with my oily/combination skin but i would prefer it over looking like an oily slick throughout the day. It also doesn't dry out my skin as much as some other foundations i have tried.
Can accentuate fine lines, dry patches and pores.
Appears to oxidize on my skin, although difficult to tell since the foundation isn't the correct colour when applied.

Overall, i have tried so many foundations and i really do like this foundation because it is one of the very few foundations i have tried which wasn't overately drying and doesn't make me look like an oil slick at the end of the day. If it wasn't being discontinued and had a better colour range i would definately reconsider purchasing it. This is one of the only foundations i have reconsidered purchasing and i have trialed so many foundations, many of which are too oily or far too drying. This foundation is a happy medium and i am disappointed Chanel didn't put out this foundation with a better colour range because it would have been perfect foundation with the right moisturiser underneath.

on 1/31/2014 2:07:00 AM

Love this foundation when I first put it on and then after 3 hours it starts to seperate and go blotchy *sad face*. It goes on demi matte gives the face a nice glow, but after a few hours of wear it just goes blotchy and doesnt look that great as when I frist applied it. I do have large pores and very oily skin that is maybe why, would repurches this prodcut very beautiful on the skin and needs touch ups during the day though.

on 1/4/2014 9:38:00 AM

This foundation is easy to blend, gives a nice luminous matte like skin, and has medium coverage.
I dont use it much, and when I do, I always use prior application a glycolic based moisturizer. What this does, is keeping my skin free of breakouts, and oilyness appears after many hours instead of minutes. If i use it without glycolic or other type of AHA, i get whiteheads the second day, as this foundation can be quite irritant because of the ingredients they use, and also can oxidize a bit during wearing.
For me, aha's worked better than a primer.

A very important note: i use it mostly in the summer when i have a slightly tan. Their lightest shade it looks quite dark on my skin. I got it as a gift, but will not repurchase because of the shade reason. I prefer samples as a gift from now on!