Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 1/5/2016 8:37:00 PM

quite good coverage but color is strong need to change color in summer nice scent

on 9/14/2013 2:51:00 AM

Thought this was going to be amazing. I applied it one morning got into the car and my boyfriend said my makeup looked funny I looked in the mirror and it had grabbed onto my dry skin (i dont really even have dry skin) and just sunk into my pores went inside took it off and put on my Estée Lauder double wear. To try and make it work because it was so Exy was to use rosehip oil and a primer so my skin wouldn't be dry and the primer would help stop the foundation sinking into my pores. I found this greatly improved the appearance while its not 100% i can now wear it also I used my fingers to apply second time round instead of buffing brush.

on 5/16/2013 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

meh meh. When the price overshadows all other concerns, then you don't really have a great product.

this foundation is good.. but not great. It has good coverage but a bit on the cakey side mostly due to it's heavy consistency (thus the matte). I don't find the luminosity in it and I only use it at night as it feels/looks heavy during the morning hours.

The older I get the less caked up I need to be.

Good but not worth the money for this foundation.

on 4/26/2012 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to wear vitalumiere and double perfection, I'm so pleased with mat lumiere. Natural 50 is a perfect match for me. I like the pump bottle that gives me just the right amount of foundation. It leaves my skin matte yet dewy. I've had people tell me my skin looks perfect. It is creamy and blends but one must move quickly as it builds quickly. It doesn't require it but finish it off with powder for extra lasting power. It's my go-to foundation for work, going out, and it photographs really well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this in claire 20.My shade in bb stick is sand and mac nc 20.
However i am not lucky girls,claire 20 looks so brown in my skin.My face like too dark,tired and old.
I heard hype in woman forum in my country about chanel foundation and more the girl that forum have nc 20 match shade claire 20 but for me whyy not suit.
Maybe i match with lightest shade ivory or fiance 0,5
IF YOU ARE NC 20,YOU MUST TRY SAMPLE IVORY coz CLAIR 20 TOO BRONZE YELLOW imho.and i am asian not like TAN skin.I like pale pale pale its precious LOL
This foundation not stay along in hot climate.Its fade and oxidize crazy.
First I setting with loose powder mineral more lightest shade to cover brown colour so my skin look nice matte.But in 4 hour go to oxidize.
I give 3 lippies cause its perfect for me to potograph no whitecast.I think its a good enough only if chanel get down the price maybe for $30.

today i wear mat lumiere again.Go to hang out with my sister.I dont apply sunscreen and primer.Just mat lumiere direct to my skin.And this foundation look good stay longlast after 6 hour,still fresh with hot claim.
Now i think my sunscreen make mat lumiere fast oxidize coz without sunscreen its look much more good.
About the shade clair 20 in my skin still look so bronzie yellow sponge bob,slightly dark grey but people no comment that,so i think its oke.
Althought make my face yellowish.
I get much compliment from people sorround me today,so i thinks mat lumiere give big part for that compliment LOL.
i dont heart more,only like it.
Maybe i purchased this in fiance.
But not sure,i want to try DIOR SKIN FOREVER FLAWLESS TOO.

EDIT 07 JULY 12.
now i am so in love with this.Every wear using it,why i got much more compliment.My uncle,neighbour and people around me.where ever go they say you look beautiful,you face so smooth etc..what kind u powder.
everyone want to know my secret.
But finally chanel discontinued mat lumiere :'(

whyyyyy chanel ??its good foundie even i willing to spend $77 with u..DONT DISCONTINUED THIS STUFF
i give 5 lippie ++
from hate to love more

on 3/30/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first i really liked this foundation because thers very few that can colour match me and this one seemed to be perfect. It also blends like a dream, its really effortless and doesnt sit on the skin like some foundations do. But i noticed that its really quite sheer, its more like light to medium coverage than medium to light as he sales assistant had told me, it was barely there on my skin and didnt do wellin covering scars i had, i had to layer it on quite a bit. the worst problem i had with this foundation was that it was sooo greasy after like a few hours, its supposedly oil free i have no idea why this happend. considering i like the matte look which is why i opted for matte lumiere i was quite dissapointed. It was like a layer of grease on my skin it was truly awful. and when you used blotting paper on it and took the grease off there was no foundation there at all, it was like the foundation had turned into the grease i have no idea (it definately wasnt my blotting paper taking foundation off because i use it with other foundations and this doesnt happen). Overall i was really hoping to like this product but the grease was just awful so i definately wouldnt buy it again.

on 10/6/2010 3:20:00 PM

I am a foundation junkie and am always on the look for the best foundation out there. I have tried ALOT of foundations from high end to drug store and this one by far is at the top if my list. I was matched to 20 Claire. I am NW15-NW20 in MAC foundations and i was worried that it would be too yellow toned for my skin but to my surprise it was a perfect match. this foundation is medium coverage but you can build the coverage. However, i feel that if you were to try to make it full coverage that you will look too "cakey". I use MACs 130 brush to apply this foundation and it goes on so smoothly and looks so natural. It doesnt sink into my pores and doesnt accentuate my bad areas on my face. I love the packaging. It comes with a pump and makes it so easy to not use too much of the foundaiton. one pump will cover my whole face perfectly. It was very pricy, $54, but i think it was worth every penny. this foundation is great and i will definately repurchase!!

on 7/5/2010 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had this for a year now, so I decided it was time for a new review.

I wear this foundation over a mattifying primer (MAC Prep & Prime SPF 50). With my oily-shiny skin, I would not dare wear it without a mattifying product underneath.

Now, having said all that: It's true, I don't like looking oily, but let's face it: a powdery matte look is out of fashion. Mat Lumiere gives me a nice natural glow without looking greasy or disco-ball-like. Just a soft glow.

So far I've achieved the best finish by applying it with a standard foundation brush, then blending it out with a sponge dampened with Mac Fix +.

It looks smooth, natural, and beautiful when I first apply it; however, I've found that it definitely requires touch-up throughout the day. It's not the type of foundation I can apply and forget about. It tends to fade. Even when using a primer, Fix+, and MAC Blot powder (a light dusting), this foundation does not last more than a few hours.

I've seen another review which recommends Chanel's Double Perfection powder to set this foundation, and I might try that to see if it helps.

Even though I consider this a "high maintenance" foundation to use, I still think it looks beautiful and modern and I will probably repurchase it.

Oh, by the way, for summer, I'm currently wearing Beige 40 which is just a little bit darker than MAC NC 30. For winter, I'd probably go with a lighter shade. And I think the coverage is slightly better than I got with my Chanel Teint Innocence compact makeup.

on 5/23/2010 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am so shocked that this product doesn't have better ratings! I first saw this product while watching a youtube video, and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to try it. It is very matte, and it literally covers every imperfection you have. I have some natural freckles which I always hated and this product covers them perfectly for me. It goes on so smooth and doll-like. I adore this product so much! I used to switch foundations so often...it was crazy, and I am the pickiest person you'll ever meet, but I couldn't be happier and I can't even imagine not using this. Pricey, but so worth it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Too heavy, bad colors, increases appearance of wrinkles. NASTY