Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 4/21/2013 5:30:00 AM

I love this makeup and am just about to finish my second or third bottle (I used to use the old chanel Matte foundation that this one replaced). I have fair and fairly freckly but good clear skin, and I find this foundation is super easy to apply (I just slap it onto my face with my fingers onto moisturised skin) and I swipe translucent powder over the top, which is really not needed but I do it anyway. It has a nice texture - thick but not too thick, and quite moist going on, but it sets quickly. It lasts all day without needing touchups or a powder. I would say that it is medium weight. You can still see my freckles through it but they are softened.

As another reviewer said the packaging can trick you into squirting it all over the walls or benchtop if you are not careful! However the suction pump does ensure you get every last bit of this expensive formula out of it. Also, a bottle lasts me a good ten months, with using it every day.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Totally love this product! For me, it is the ONLY foundation I have found a perfect match for my skin without having to mix two shades. I don't have troubles with it oxidising after drying like others do, but everyone's skin types and care routines are different, and that can make a LOT of difference.

It glides on so easily, blends beautifully, and sets to a perfect satin finish. Whenever I wear it people mention how great my makeup looks that day - the feedback speaks for itself! I have been buying this since I received a sample in a magazine years and years ago. And a bottles seems to last me forever! I just unscrew the cap when it's getting low and scrape out the remnants with a spatula. There's no wasting this expensive little number :p

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Okay, so I have dry skin, but I love this product. I like to look soft and glowy, but not the moist/dewy way that so popular right now. I can't wear a lot of powder though because they look bad on dry skin. I needed my foundation to do all of the work and I was having the hardest time finding a satin finish foundation I liked until I tried this one. It's amazing.

It doesn't dry out my skin over time and it doesn't look flat like ELDW or Clinique Acne Solutions. It just looks like my skin is soft and bare and skin like, more of an inner radiance than a shine.

It doesn't break me out. It has a fragrance, but thankfully the fragrance is generally mild and pleasant. It goes away after applying all together. I moisturize well and I find this product doesn't make any dry patches or flakes look worse, it doesn't mask them, but it doesn't emphasize them. It has a thicker moussey consistency, but it's lightweight and it isn't heavy at all on the skin. It spreads like a dream. The coverage is medium buildable.

I'm a NW43, I lean more neutral though, and I mix Walnut and Chestnut. I love that I have a perfect undertone match. That never happens, so it's worth it to mix for depth.

It's my HG and I just hope they don't DC it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The dewy, luminous, shiny look is never for me. They just look greasy. So, I am always on the look out for matte foundation/powder although my skin is more on the normal to dry/dehydrated. This foundation does give me a matte look, but not matte to the extent of it looking pasty on me. It lasts and I hardly need to blot. Stays comfortable and I had not noticed any pulling or tightness which happens from other matte products. Best of all, I like the packaging. The amount to be used is controllable and the pump keeps the product hygenic. The consistency is buildable. Either gives me a very made up look, or a soft natural finish depending on the amount I use. Easily blendable. Overall, this is one of the few foundations that I like and I think I will stay with foundations from Chanel as I find the most satisfaction compared to other brands I have used.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This has become my HG foundation. But the first time I used it I hated it... ! I applied it with my fingers and that was no good - it's best applied with a makeup brush, or it may feel sticky, heavy and not spread well. So if you've bought it and hated it - try applying it with a make-up brush before you abandon it, because it is a whole different feeling brushed on! It covers well and one pump is more than enough to cover the whole face so it lasts a long time, making it good value for money.

I have quite an uneven skin tone, very fair, with dark circles under my eyes and reddish cheeks, but it covers up nicely (although I use a MAC concealer on my dark circles as well). You can build it up if you need to. I find the Chanel shade 20 Clair is matches my skin tone very well.

on 7/21/2009 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My favorite :) looks very natural on me :D very light and pretty

on 7/20/2008 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not too happy with this foundation.But I think is just me.I don't like matte finish foundations.Although I have oily skin matte finish foundations look too dry on me and this one was not an exception.Has matte finish,but slightly dewy not totally matte and flat,that lasts long,good coverage almost full,and very good staying power.Although the coverage is quite high this foundation still manages to look quite natural and not heavy at all.In terms of "oil control" in my opinion it's the best,Chanel has found the secret for long lasting matte finish make up products hands down.The range of shades is great.The quality of this product is very good.The texture is perfect.The packaging is pure luxury.It's truth didn't work for me but I strongly believe that is an excellent foundation for oily skin types.I wish the price was more realistic.No matter how good a foundation is can't cost 50 euros it's ridiculous.

on 9/6/2011 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

im mac30-35 and here i matched to a beige 40.
i thought it would be more matte than this, as the name suggests. in some lightling i looked garishly oily ( harsh fluorescent white?), but elsewhere it is a beautiful finish.
covers my imperfections, looks lovely, matte/dewy, and it looks very natural as if my own skin. I use this product sparingly from centre outwards.
Price? I forget, maybe ! $98 dollarsAU in myer stores so definately expensive, i bought this for $40 on ebay so im not complaining but will i repurchase?
If i was looking for a liquid i would, but i am looking to try the lift lumiere which has better reviews. -

on 7/23/2010 2:04:00 PM

I got this when i was living in singapore when my dry skin was not to dry in the humid weather. and right now in the summer, there is a little bit for moisture in the air, my skin is coping well with it.

The colour is absolutely perfect for me and it feels like it was made for me.

The texture of this is really nice, its not to thick that i feel that it wont blend, but just thick enough to make to feel confident that it would cover.

its supposed to be a medium to full coverage foundation and its exactly that. The finished look on me, it seems like its actually my skin, and when i wear it people ask me if ive wasnt wearing make-up for that day, which is a sure sign for HG status.

the only thing keeping me from giving this a 5 is that im back in dry weather and its already showing signs of it being a bit to dry for me. It is the foundation for oily skin, which i do expect. Good foundation tho

on 10/25/2008 10:09:00 AM

I got some samples of this foundation, although it is not for my skin type (dry). I wish I had this foundation when I was younger and had a mixed skin -- days when I had a hard time to find a good foundation.
This is really good! It has a nice creamy but light texture, good coverage but not masky, luminous - mat (combination that is really hard to find!), easy to apply and blend.

I think this could be almost perfect for a mixed skin. 4+