Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 4/10/2016 10:08:00 PM

My absolute favorite foundation! Keeps me matte all day and doesn't cling onto my horrrrible dry patches. The coverage is medium to medium-full, completely buildable and no matter how much you pack on it still feels as though you are wearing nothing at all. I tested it in a friend with dry skin and she absolutely loves it as well. Only downside is that it dries a bit fast, similar to Estee Lauder's DW but if worked with within a reasonable time it blends beautifully (especially with clean fingers!) Absolutely loveee it.

on 12/27/2012 1:32:00 AM

I have oily-dry combination skin that is prone to break outs. Have used other Chanel foundations, Dior, Clinique, Laura mercier, stila and nars before.

Have been using #20 for five years now and always test other foundations but come back to this. It has buildable coverage and does not give any shine without looking cakey. Stays all day, has SPF 15 and feels lightweight.

The pump bottle is good, however you need to clean to little "squirt hole" otherwise you will have foundation on your walls! This foundation lasts me awhile.
l
Love it and recommend it!

Got to say, I love the way this makes my skin look! It is indeed matte, but it's not a flat matte at all, skin still has some luminosity without being full blown dewy- makes this product a winner for oily skin.
The shade selection isn't fantastic and Chanel have discontinued a few shades in the UK, including mine (5 faence). They tend to sway towards being very neutral, which in all fairness, is quite rare with a lot of brands as I find a lot to be very pink or very yellow and not natural looking.
I find this foundation applies best with either a sponge, beauty blender, or fingers. I usually apply all foundations with my ELF powder brush but it just made ML look too heavy- I think this may be because the foundation is so thick and creamy. When applied with the beauty blender, my skin looks completely poreless! Occasionally ML can look a bit heavy when first applied, but after about 20 minutes, when it's dried and settled a little, it just looks fantastic :)
Unlike ELDW, this product looks best on my skin when I begin to build up the coverage a little more- this is my go to foundation on a bad skin day. The coverage is definitely medium buildable.
But I find this foundation lets me down when I want to wear it for an everyday day at work. It doesn't last on my skin for as long as I need it to, and tends to get a little patchy after around six hours of wear. However, I do have very oily skin so this would probably hold up for around 8-10 hours on combination skin. I would not recommend this foundation for dry skin as it can cling to and accentuation dry patches- like most mattifying foundations.
Overall, this foundation doesn't work as an everyday product but for a night out or for a day when I'm running errands, I simply adore it :)

on 8/22/2011 3:18:00 PM

I truly believe you get what you pay for with foundation - of course, there are a few exceptions. When I tried this in the department store I was so glad I'd found the right coverage/wear/consistency for my pale skin - finally.
The effect is truly luminous - it's like touche eclat for your whole face (without looking silly) as well as the matte finish I wanted as I can shine a lot.
I find it's much better to apply this with a foundation brush rather than fingers/sponge as you don't need a whole lot of it to get a really good result. The brush will help thin it out and spread it equally over the whole of your face for a natural but polished product.
I will give a slight word of caution about the pump - if it blocks up, it will projectile squirt, as my cream carpet will testify. Make sure to angle the pumphead downward onto the back of your hand to make sure it doesn't wander off!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

EDIT: I absolutely love this foundation so I am changing my review from 4 lippies to 5. I love the way this applies and I get a ton of compliments. I can wear this without any major breakouts/pore clogging issues if I am careful about proper removal (MAC Cleanse Off Oil is excellent. I am so glad I discovered it!). The only thing I would like is more staying power, but I can fix this with powder or primer. I am going to keep repurchasing this until I find something better, which I don't think will be soon!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: This foundation has a gorgeous satiny finish that lasts me an 8-10 hour day. I didn't need a primer or powder. It goes on silky smooth and feels amazing. I would have loved this and repurchased this for the rest of my life, even though I consider it super expensive, if it just didn't clog my pores. I would even accept some minor clogging, but this gave me blackheads in places I've never had blackheads my entire life (ie, forehead) and near-teenage level breakouts in some areas. I remove my makeup really well, exfoliate regularly, and am in love with my Clarisonic, so I don't even want to know what this would do to someone who was doing less than me in terms of skincare. This is a shame because I really loved the way this foundation looked and lasted, and the color match was great (20 Clair for a MAC NW20). continued >>

I adore this product! Even though it's called mat, it doesn't look 'caked' on, in fact it feels very light in comparison to foundations such as 'MAC fix fluid' and looks very natural. It has great staying power, I can wear it for a full working day without the need for any touch ups.

on 7/13/2011 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

love this foundation it's so natural looking yet it really gives good coverage. i love that this products matt it's so easy to blend and the staying power is great.......i use the chanel matt powder over this and i don't have to touch my makeup up all day i would probably need to a sheet of bloting paper mid day but thats it :) UPDATE this stuff breaks me out like crazy it gives me 100s of tiney bumps all over my face each time i wear it and the thing that hurts the most is i'm stuck with this foundation because here in the uk we can't return products once they have been used. this is a very expensive regret for me :(

I've been using this foundation for so long, ever since chanel came out with it actually! I still try other foundations but i keep coming back to this one. this foundation really does control my shine while at the same time making my skin like natural and matte--in a natural way of course. i looked at the ingredients and it contains silica powder which helps oily skin stay matte. This foundation gives such wonderful coverage without feeling too heavy or thick on the skin. I love this foundation and will continue to buy again and again!

on 5/5/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is truly a wonderful foundation. I have very oily skin, and this foundation kept the oils at bay, and did not turn orange. My skin looked natural and flawless. The lumiere foundations are incredible, they are worth every penny. The colour range is extensive, and the application easy. The foundation feels weightless. I will buy this again and again. The first bottle lasted me 9 months of daily use. Love this foundation

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

PROS:
-Excellent stay-on power
-Medium coverage on blemishes, so when I have small pimples here and there on my face, it covers really well
-Feels lightweight (not heavy and makes my face feels suffocating)

CONS:
-It's expensive

I have used it daily for two weeks now. I have no problems with it. In fact, I think it helps improve my skin. It definitely worth the $56.

I am a pale-skin Asian. At first, I thought Ivoire (14) will fit me, but turns out, I am a Porcelain (02). Ivoire is too yellow-ish. Porcelaine fits me perfect with my slightly pink undertone.