Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 4/10/2016 10:08:00 PM

My absolute favorite foundation! Keeps me matte all day and doesn't cling onto my horrrrible dry patches. The coverage is medium to medium-full, completely buildable and no matter how much you pack on it still feels as though you are wearing nothing at all. I tested it in a friend with dry skin and she absolutely loves it as well. Only downside is that it dries a bit fast, similar to Estee Lauder's DW but if worked with within a reasonable time it blends beautifully (especially with clean fingers!) Absolutely loveee it.

on 2/19/2016 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation didn't work for me as it made my combination skin really oily after a couple of hours. The colour match for my NW15 skin was great though and right after application, my skin looked lovely. The result however, didn't last. Not for me.

on 1/19/2015 9:35:00 AM

I am a fan of chanel perfumes but as far as cosmetics are concerned i usually went as far as lipsticks and mascara(le volume de chanel is amazing by the way...). Recently i decided to try out their foundations due to a discount that chanel had and it is the only way that i can afford this foundation.. And it is Definately worth it!!! As far as packaging is concerned we all know that chanel is the best at it but i will not talk about it because the foundation is what it is important. In a few words:

-it feels very nice on my acne prone skin
-it glides on smoothly
-it is not extremely matte and not cackey at all! It is the perfect balance between matte and silky foundation
-it last almost all day without melting on my skin or fading
-it has medium coverage. If you wish to completely hide your flaws this is not the foundation that you will choose. But it is not sheer! It has a nice medium coverage.
I have acne prone skin and some minor scaring and redness and it hides them good but not completely!
-It gives my face a nice subtle silky glow and makes me look rested and fresh
-it may enlarge your pores a bit.

Generally i have nothing bad to say. I have only used it for 3 days now and i cannot talk about breakouts. The furure will tell!

on 11/1/2014 9:07:00 AM

Nice packaging, pretty easy to apply, covers some but not all of my redness. It is easy to build up if you'd like more coverage, but it made my pores more visible the more I buildt it up. I had to wear some powder on top of it, as it looked a bit shiny in my t-zone even right after applying it. It looked good for about 8 hours and had an OK oil control, but after five hours I had to keep repowdering a lot to make my face look shine free. I would probably have to apply more foundation if I were going out etc. in the evening when applied in the morning. With Estee Lauder Double wear and MAC pro longwear foundation, I don't need to do this. Not the best in it's class, but still makes my face look dewey and fresh for some hours.

on 7/4/2014 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample at a store in Poland. I've read on some places it is discontinued this Feb, 2014 because Chanel introduced a new foundation: Perfection Lumiere.

MY SKIN: After using a cleanser and toner for dry, sensitive skin, my skin feels very tight and dry. During summer I apply light moisturizers for oily skin. I have dry flakes from pimples. After 2 hrs my skin is oily. It is sensitive, too, so I have to be very gentle toward my skin since it becomes red just by tapping it into the towel. I have redness on my cheeks near the nose all the time. I am allways red - haven't found anything effective. This are the main reasons I opt for foundations: to neutralize redness and to hide imperfections like pimples, blackheads (nose) and fill-up my pores. I hate my skin. I have cystic acne - at least one pimple; wake up every morning with one new zit.... Blah, blah.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Upon application it matches my skin tone very good. I wear Bourjois CC Cream in shade 31 and 123 Perfect Foundation in shade 51; Healthy Mix in 52 is rather dark for me atm (there's no HM in 51 where I live). This foundation is easy to blend: I've put dots on my face and using the Real Technique's Buffing Brush I blended the foundation into my skin. It does cling to dry patches. The overall effect isn't matte, it isn't dewy but semi-matte. It is enough semi-matte that you can choose whether you want the foundation to set it with a mattifying powder. Since I have oily skin which tends to shine, I did set it with a mattifying powder (Rimmel Matte Pressed Powder). The powder is no good: it isn't finely milled; I would recommend any other than this one. The coverage of Mat Lumiere is medium. You can 'increase' the coverage if you want, but I like it the more natural style.

REVIEW: After two hours it look like freshly applied, after three and a half of hours it look still nice, kind of dewy. In total, I got 5 hours of wear time without any need for powdering. After 5 hours I looked horribly oily, like a new layer was added. Really embarrassing. I powdered my whole face and it looked cakey, but this may be due a cheap, not overly finely milled Rimmel mattifying powder. I was wearing the foundation for 8 hours, and there was a lot of foundation left. It could go for 10 hours; it didn't slip of my face nor did it 'break'.

Honestly, it's a decent foundation, but I have been expecting a better oil control, considering it's called 'Mat'. And, they labeled it as a 'Long Lasting' foundation. Well, for the price of US$73 (yup, that's how much it cost in most parts in Europe!), I would expect really more from it. Especially, considering how Bourjois 123 Perfection Foundation performs on my skin.

I would recommend trying a sample first to see how it acts on (someone else) skin. But for me, it is not worth buying. I would be happy if the price was 2-3 times lower.
I am glad that the SA gave me a sample to try it out first.

I have also got a sample of Perfection Lumiere, Vitalumiere Aqua and Estee Lauder's Double Wear.
Perfection Lumier was horrible after 3 hours. The cheek-near-the-nose par was bad at that point: some of the foundation vanished, and my pores were accentuate by the foundation, like the foundation 'got stuck'.
The same was with VA. But, this foundation looks so pretty once applied for 3 hours! Very natural, and covered all the redness, imperfections and pores really nice. After 3,5 hr you can see it started to wear off. The good thing is, this is the milestone point for this foundation. After that, it stayed that way, it didn't get worse. It was noticable I had foundation alright, but it wasn't bad either. But, Bourjois CC foundation performs better, tbh., and for US$60 vs. US$13 I know what decision I would make.

I tried hard to like Chanel's foundations. I want a higher end one, but this was really disappointing. I cannot believe how Bourjois makes such good foundations! If they were in a sleek, Chanel-like bottle, you could think that Bourjois is a HE!

I'm giving it 4 lippies because:
- it may be a good one for someone less oily
- nice, silky smooth upon application, effect & natural appearance
- staying power is not bad either, but you shall have a mattifying powder in purse, or any blot thing

I don't like:
- price, obviously, because for this price I expected better oil control

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

for oil control I don't think it did a good job .It caked up around my forehead and nose it's a no for me !

on 2/27/2014 10:02:00 AM

Pros: Stays matt on my oily/combination skin where most other foundation i have tried hasn't.
Staying power
Pump pack
Consistency is a creamy consistency
Packaging
Scent
Semi matt finish
Medium coverage

Cons: It is quite an expensive foundation.
Limited colour range - I am shade 20 Claire in this foundation and it comes out too dark and yellowish on my skin tone (this is why I will unfortunately not be repurchasing this foundation).
Pump pack gets clogged which for me wasn't really a big issue but for some, they might get annoyed with this.
It is drying to the skin even with my oily/combination skin but i would prefer it over looking like an oily slick throughout the day. It also doesn't dry out my skin as much as some other foundations i have tried.
Can accentuate fine lines, dry patches and pores.
Appears to oxidize on my skin, although difficult to tell since the foundation isn't the correct colour when applied.

Overall, i have tried so many foundations and i really do like this foundation because it is one of the very few foundations i have tried which wasn't overately drying and doesn't make me look like an oil slick at the end of the day. If it wasn't being discontinued and had a better colour range i would definately reconsider purchasing it. This is one of the only foundations i have reconsidered purchasing and i have trialed so many foundations, many of which are too oily or far too drying. This foundation is a happy medium and i am disappointed Chanel didn't put out this foundation with a better colour range because it would have been perfect foundation with the right moisturiser underneath.

on 1/4/2014 9:38:00 AM

This foundation is easy to blend, gives a nice luminous matte like skin, and has medium coverage.
I dont use it much, and when I do, I always use prior application a glycolic based moisturizer. What this does, is keeping my skin free of breakouts, and oilyness appears after many hours instead of minutes. If i use it without glycolic or other type of AHA, i get whiteheads the second day, as this foundation can be quite irritant because of the ingredients they use, and also can oxidize a bit during wearing.
For me, aha's worked better than a primer.

A very important note: i use it mostly in the summer when i have a slightly tan. Their lightest shade it looks quite dark on my skin. I got it as a gift, but will not repurchase because of the shade reason. I prefer samples as a gift from now on!

on 10/2/2013 8:50:00 AM

I used to love this product when I was younger but now I just find that it dries out my skin, it looks caked on even though i don't apply a lot, and I use no. 3 Cendre, it can look a bit orange at the end of the day, my skin is fair, so it is noticeable.

It is very matte, provides excellent coverage and very long lasting.

It is good during the summer months, i find that my skin can be a bit oily in summer, and if going out at night it's great because it lasts, for me, not ideal for winter.

on 9/9/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Really loved how long this lasted on my oily skin!