CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Other
CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

I absolutely love this product. It is so light on my skin and is the perfect coverage for daily basis. You might need a little bit more coverage if it is a special occasion.

on 9/16/2013 6:53:00 PM

This is for oily skin!! I have very oily skin and my face would be like a mirror within three hours of wearing foundation. Also living in Hawaii the heat and the humidity takes a toll on my oily skin. So I tried this foundation. It's good coverage I apply with Shiseido brush. The only drawback is don't take flash photography ladies!! Your face would look whiter than your neck!!

on 6/8/2011 10:11:00 PM

Wow! I figured Chanel's high price tag was due to it's name but it wasn't! Gives an airbrushed effect and last for hours. Makes me want to look into Chanel's other products.

This is the only foundation I have ever repurchased. For the past year I've been experimenting by switching between Revlon Colorstay and Mat Lumiere but Mat Lumiere is superior by far. When I look back over my photographs from the past year I can tell which days I wore Mat Lumiere and which days I wore Revlon Colorstay because my skin looks so much more beautiful in Mat Lumiere. The finish is just gorgeous. I don't find that it controls oil well enough for me to skip using loose powder completely, but a bit of powder applied with a very light hand is all that it takes.
The thing I love most about this foundation is that it photographs incredibly well. Like the name suggests, it controls shine but is still luminous somehow. I love it and will definitely repurchase.

I continue buying this foundation for several reasons. I have sensitive, combo skin that is prone to break outs. This doesn't irritate or make me break out. It also doesn't slide around or leave me looking like a vat of Crisco fell on me. Also, the fairest shade, 02 Porcelaine, is actually fair enough for my ghost like pallor. It leans pink, which is good news for me. A foundation that doesn't look like I'm wearing an orange mask or that I'm suffering from jaundice! The foundation comes in a pump, which is fine, but the pump must be pretty short because you can't access the entire bottle of foundation. And, as the top is sealed to the container, you can't open it up and get to it in any other way--without drastic measures anyway. Really, it's expensive enough to include a pump that allows access to the bottom of the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

its a nice foundation, good coverage, applies very nicely, but for being something thats supposed to mattify> it does not do this very well.

on 7/21/2009 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My favorite :) looks very natural on me :D very light and pretty

on 4/22/2009 9:43:00 PM

I wanted to badly to love this foundation but it just didn't work for me. It made my face look like a mask and gave me a horrible rash on my face that wouldn't go away for months!!

on 4/12/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I hadn't visited the chanel counter in quite a while and thought I would check out the newer foundations. The last thing I had purchased was the now discontinued double perfection fluid which I loved. I purchased lift lumiere but it was way too greasy for my combo skin. I went back and exchanged for the mat lumiere and I am in love! I may love this even more than my bb skin foundation. Mat lumiere is a medium coverage and I honestly don't have to powder over this. It gives me just that natural look I'm looking for-it's not masky on me-one pump covers my entire face and gives me a wonderful coverage. I was matched to beige in this one but cendre in the lift lumiere. The price is a litte high but for the way this makes my skin look, it's worth it to me. If you're looking for a great foundation for combination skin, definitely try this one.

on 11/5/2008 1:09:00 PM

Tried this product twice before without success. It may have been that I was given the wrong color or my skin wasn't in proper shape before.

However, I tried it again two weeks ago and it was like a miracle. The color is a perfect match for my skin and lasts through the day without darkening/oxidizing or fading away. Makes my skin look perfect yet radiant. As I do have combo skin, I do use MUFE powder to set it and blot during the day.