Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 4/10/2016 10:08:00 PM

My absolute favorite foundation! Keeps me matte all day and doesn't cling onto my horrrrible dry patches. The coverage is medium to medium-full, completely buildable and no matter how much you pack on it still feels as though you are wearing nothing at all. I tested it in a friend with dry skin and she absolutely loves it as well. Only downside is that it dries a bit fast, similar to Estee Lauder's DW but if worked with within a reasonable time it blends beautifully (especially with clean fingers!) Absolutely loveee it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have terrifically horribly oily skin, as well as very acne-prone skin. I've used a Benzyol Peroxide-gel for a couple of weeks to get rid of my acne, so it's better now than before, but still.

Anyway. I bought this foundation because I was really fed up with using foundation from the Body Shop - which looked cakey and oily on me. So I went into a department store and decided I'd buy a Chanel one, just because I think the packaging looked amazing.
The lady at the counter told me that Mat Lumire would fit me because of my oily skin, and so I bought it about 2 months ago.

The first month I was reaaaally let down. It didn't keep me matte for more than about an hour before I'd be oilier than a piece of bacon. I tried Chanel's powders and different primers, but nothing seemed to work. Then I changed from my L'Oral HydraFresh moisturiser to a new one from Nivea, and suddenly - BOOM, I was surprised by this foundation. Not only does it keep me matte the whole day, it doesn't have that overly-powdered look I hate so much. I don't really have to apply a primer before I use this, it stays on for ages - I put it on before I go to school, and I still have that newly-makeuped look when I take off my makeup right before bed.

The philosophy of Chanel is not to have a perfect skin with no colouration from acne scars etc etc, but to enhance your naturally beauty. Therefore the Mat Lumire foundation isn't even close to full-coverage, but it covers up the most essential, like my red areas around my nose and cheeks. I also love the luminous look I get from this, that always keeps me looking healthy and natural. I really recommend this one if you're looking for a high-class, everyday foundation to keep you matte and natural! x

I absolutely love this product. It is so light on my skin and is the perfect coverage for daily basis. You might need a little bit more coverage if it is a special occasion.

on 6/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

This foundation is EVERYTHING!!

I have acne prone skin with a lot of discoloration. I use the beauty blender for the application and it gives me a flawless complexion. obviously, if you're oily. Setting powder is a must! I use bareminerals mineral veil on top of it.
Lasts all say. Does not break me out. :)

Not to mention I have tried: Dior, Armani and other high end foundations. Does not compare.

Love this foundation! I went in to a Dillard's counter and the girl matched me for this but they were out and she gave me two sample packets instead and I'm so amazed at the quality and staying power of this foundation. The packets last a really long time too so until I'm done with those I definitely be back to get the full size! As for the person who "went" to sephora and got a sample and hated it, because doesn't carry this product in the states I wish sephora carried chanel my rouge status would be out the roof!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Overall, great foundation. Chanel foundation formulas seem to be safe for my skin. I don't get allergic reactions, breakouts or clogs. However, finding the right formula was a bit of a challenge. In the past, I've owned Vitalumiere (too hydrating) and Perfection Lumiere (too drying and flat). Mat Lumiere gives a glow to the skin yet doesn't make you look greasy nor does it cling on to dry patches. It is the perfect level of matte and hydration. I do love this foundation.

The shade I wear is 40 Beige. I am 57 in Kat Von D, 6.0 in Urban Decay and 060 in Shiseido.

The coverage is medium. I find it doesn't really build to full coverage when layered. To cover stubborn spots, I would rather use a concealer than this foundation.

The texture is light. I can't feel it on the skin.

The longevity is pending. Winter and seditary, it will last all day. I'm not sure yet about summer and activity. *Will update

The bad news: This will soon be discontinued. Starting in February 2014, Chanel will be stopping the production of Mat Lumiere and introducing a reformulation for their Perfection Lumiere to be a matte formula. I'm not excited about this because I really dislike the original Perfection Lumiere formula so I will be crossing my fingers that the new one will be a lot better.

on 8/4/2013 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product! It is the only foundation I have found that keeps my skin shine-free ALL DAY! It provides excellent coverage that lasts from morning to night. Love it!

on 7/14/2013 7:36:00 AM

Mat Lumiere is my all time fav! I have this in shade50 and it matches my skin tone perfectly. Works well with my oily acne prone skin, isn't greasy, provides high coverage and gives me flawless skin. It doesn't change colour as I've experienced with perfection lumiere. It only needs a bit of powder to really set the foundation and last me a whole day.

on 6/7/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hi.

This is my first review post ever and I would have to say that Mat Lumiere from Chanel 30 cendre intensity 1.5. is by far the best liquid foundation for my skin. I'm in my late 20's and have oily/combination skin with pores (which by the way are minimizing, thank God :) ). I have tried Estee Lauder double wear foundation. Christian Dior, Nars, Clarins, Mac, and many others, But there is no other foundation that has left my skin so flawless, even, and absolutely beautiful. This foundation helps minimizes my pores and does not clog them up, it doesn't make me feel cakey. I would repurchase over and over again. I use the real technique brush foundation (the stippling brush) and it just makes the foundation absorb right through the skin even more. I will be getting married soon and this is the foundation that I will be using on my day, I won't change it for another one. I also use a finishing powder and makes my skin look flawless. Absolutely amazing :)

on 4/21/2013 5:30:00 AM

I love this makeup and am just about to finish my second or third bottle (I used to use the old chanel Matte foundation that this one replaced). I have fair and fairly freckly but good clear skin, and I find this foundation is super easy to apply (I just slap it onto my face with my fingers onto moisturised skin) and I swipe translucent powder over the top, which is really not needed but I do it anyway. It has a nice texture - thick but not too thick, and quite moist going on, but it sets quickly. It lasts all day without needing touchups or a powder. I would say that it is medium weight. You can still see my freckles through it but they are softened.

As another reviewer said the packaging can trick you into squirting it all over the walls or benchtop if you are not careful! However the suction pump does ensure you get every last bit of this expensive formula out of it. Also, a bottle lasts me a good ten months, with using it every day.