CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Curly
CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

L O V E this foundation. A little background story - I was going around to a whole heap of makeup counters the other day searching for a new foundation that would feel light, last long and have a medium coverage. Usually I would completely avoid Chanel thinking that it was for rich people and that the sales assistants would be snobby, but after getting terrible service from Mac (the lady was incredibly rude and made my face look orange and then walked off when I asked if I could wear the foundation around for the day just to see if I like it, does she expect me to pay $50 for a foundation that might not even work?) I thought I would give it a go. The people there were incredibly lovely and helped me out with finding a fab foundation. I was a bit hesitant with this one as I do have skin that's more on the dry side but i've had no problems with it at all. After receiving such good service and a day of wearing it, I decided I would pay $72 for it and i'm so glad I did. I've worn it from about 9am to 5pm on really hot days and it's lasted so well, it's INCREDIBLY light feeling and gives you a build-able medium coverage, it doesn't transfer onto clothing and it doesn't sweat off. People always tell me I have really good skin and I just tell them it's the foundation I use (this one) I really recommend! 5/5

on 3/12/2011 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is good esp if you have oily skin. Long wearing, good color selection, and isn't too matte. I would say it is a soft glow but not dewey. The price tag is steep but a little goes a long way. I use as little as possible with all foundation. I stipple this with a damp sponge, which works best for me with this product. I also bought Chanel's loose powder but I prefer MAC blot powder or prep and prime loose over this foundation. Beautiful foundation. I have to blot and/or powder my nose a few times throughout the day but that's never ending for me. The only negative: this "pools" up around the corners of my nose. My nose is very oily though but the rest of my face looks great. For oily skin, I also recommend Dior Forever and Nude (I love Nude), MUFE Mat Velvet + (nice but only in cool temps for me), and Revlon Colorstay and the EL DW and DW light.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I bought this product in january so i have been using it for 5 months. I had a very good experience when i was buying it, the woman at the counter matched my skin to get the perfect shade. I was chuffed because i could never find a foundation that matched my pale skin before! I was a little bothered at the price for the foundation, it put a bit of a dent in my pocket! But i am now very glad that i forked out the money. I used it continually for about 3 weeks, but then my skin started to get very dry and irritated. I assumed it was my foundation because it was the newest product i was using so i stopped using it and any other make-up product all together. This lasted for about a month and 2 weeks and was a very sad time for me. I went to the doctors because my eyes started to swell and i couldn't figure out what was wrong. After a course of antibiotics, my skin cleared up. My sister borrowed my foundation and declared it safe. So i will never know what caused my skin problem but it wasn't the foundation. I have been wearing it everyday now. I have oily skin and i assumed that it would mattify it but it doesn't. Instead it makes it slightly less oily, a little dewy. I personally like it, because i find that having my skin very matte makes it looks too dry. I have worn setting powder over the foundation and it works well, sits nice. It gives me very good coverage, i have acne prone skin and it covers my blemishes very well. My only complaint is that if i have a spot which is healing and is a little dry, the foundation gathers around it and makes it more obvious. But if i moisturise very well then it is okay. Overall the colour match is brilliant, it is a nice light foundation and has good coverage. My biggest problem is the packaging. It looked very nice but i have found that the pump clogs up and i have had moments where no foundation comes out! But overall a good product that i recommended to friends and family.

on 11/9/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is for the liquid Mat Lumiere. Full coverage, quite thick, all tones are yellow based. It has more of a dewy finish rather than mat or natural. This is more masklike than MAC Studio Fix. The finish combined with the thickness of this fluid makes skin texture and pores too obvious. This also contains reflective particles (titanium dioxide, mica) which make it inappropriate for flash photography. There are no benefits to this foundation. It has a pretty bottle, pump, and famous brand name.

on 1/1/2013 7:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have combination skin: my T-zone is oily and the rest of my face is normal, sometimes dry in the winter. This foundation does a great job of controlling the oil on my nose. I was skeptical about its effectiveness until I switched back to my old drugstore foundation ... and found myself using oil blotting papers once every few hours, instead of once a day.

The foundation is somewhat thick. I use my fingers, but it would also work very well with a sponge or Beauty Blender. Sadly, it's just not compatible with my MAC 187, which I now use for finishing powder instead. This foundation didn't work well with primer, but you won't need primer, anyway.

The foundation offers very good, buildable coverage and dries to a beautiful natural finish that gives my skin a subtle glow. It lasts the entire day, whereas other foundations start to fade from my T-zone after a few hours of wear. I don't need to use a lot of product, so it feels breathable, light, and healthy on my skin.

I adore the light floral scent, but the smell fades quickly if you're bothered by fragrance.

The bottle is gorgeous and feminine yet sturdy enough to survive a drop off your dresser (oops). The pump is designed poorly, however. It gets clogged with dried foundation, so clean it frequently.

The pricetag is a bit steep, but one bottle lasted me over half a year at 1-2 pumps every day. Already picked up my second bottle.

on 12/22/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will buy this again because this is the best foundation I have ever used or tried. It just helps me to turn my face into a uni-pattern & uni-color canvas where I can paint colors over it.
First of all it looks like a second skin, very natural while covering my broken capillaries, matches perfectly with my skin color (NW20 in Mac, 20 Clair is a perfect match, when I tan in the summer I match with 30 Cendre) , does not settle into my fine lines.
I have a combination skin, usually foundations highlight my dry parts but Mat Lumiere does not do such thing. I blot my forehead and nose 2 times during the whole day and night and that's it.
I set it with Chanel Loose Powder Universal in 20 Clair, another favorite.

on 7/5/2010 11:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had this for a year now, so I decided it was time for a new review.

I wear this foundation over a mattifying primer (MAC Prep & Prime SPF 50). With my oily-shiny skin, I would not dare wear it without a mattifying product underneath.

Now, having said all that: It's true, I don't like looking oily, but let's face it: a powdery matte look is out of fashion. Mat Lumiere gives me a nice natural glow without looking greasy or disco-ball-like. Just a soft glow.

So far I've achieved the best finish by applying it with a standard foundation brush, then blending it out with a sponge dampened with Mac Fix +.

It looks smooth, natural, and beautiful when I first apply it; however, I've found that it definitely requires touch-up throughout the day. It's not the type of foundation I can apply and forget about. It tends to fade. Even when using a primer, Fix+, and MAC Blot powder (a light dusting), this foundation does not last more than a few hours.

I've seen another review which recommends Chanel's Double Perfection powder to set this foundation, and I might try that to see if it helps.

Even though I consider this a "high maintenance" foundation to use, I still think it looks beautiful and modern and I will probably repurchase it.

Oh, by the way, for summer, I'm currently wearing Beige 40 which is just a little bit darker than MAC NC 30. For winter, I'd probably go with a lighter shade. And I think the coverage is slightly better than I got with my Chanel Teint Innocence compact makeup.

on 4/18/2009 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have to say that my skin looks very young, and I really have no problems with dryness. I feel like this foundation really works well for me. My skin looks and feels better when I'm wearing it. I've never worn a foundation before that matched my skin as well as this one. Somehow, it really gives me a lot of color without looking too dark, and I LOVE a foundation with a matte finish. One pump covers my whole face beautifully.

on 2/7/2008 9:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Am I the only one who thinks there is a Chanel perfume mixed into this foundation?? After reviewing DP just a few weeks ago--had been using beige 40 for almost 2 yrs and absolutely loved it--went last Friday to get another bottle. Found it's no longer available now and was offered this. Same shade, obviously better packaging, and was hopeful that it would indeed last longer the DP (which tended to fade a bit on really humid days). Tried it Saturday morning and immediately thought I would die when I smelled it! The smell is soooo strong it's all I smell for hours after putting it on! Now the other things, me personally I am not in love with this at all. But I am giving it a full 2 weeks before returning it. I am going to try every way possible to apply it. BUt so far each & every way my skins feels this makeup, it looks greasy from the beginning and only gets worse from there, and it's dead of winter here, and it does look like I am wearing foundation. The glow others talk about is only greasy feeling & looking to me, and I am so ill that Chanel took a really great foundation and "improved" on it by making it worse. I don't know what I will try now, since DP just melted into my skin and made it look flawless, yet completely natural.

on 12/8/2007 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I loved the consistency of Double Perfection. My only problem was that it didnt seem to stay put on me. Mat Lumiere was a little thinker in consistency and didnt go on as smoothly as DP did. It stayed put alright but the shade which I normally use in Chanel foundations (Clair) was too light! I dont understand why? I've tried pro-lumiere, vitalumiere, teint innocence - all of them si I dont know why Mat Lumiere had to be incredibly lighter! I can't use Cendre either cause it's not as yellow. One of the only reasons why I use Chanel foundations is because they are the only ones that have the right yellow shade for me now I dont think I'll be buying anymore foundations from them. Mat Lumiere would've been good if only they didn't change the shades.