Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 44-55
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation (40 Beige). It provides absolutely flawless coverage, minimizes pores, and makes skin look luminous while also providing long-lasting coverage (I have to blot after about six hours due to my very oily skin.) I set this with a very light dusting of the Double Perfection Natural Matte Powder (110 Light Beige); however, I also use Mac Blot (Medium-Dark) or the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (003 Natural) with great results.

I switch between this and Diorskin Airflash, Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection, Georgio Armani Luminous Silk, Guerlain Parure Extreme, and Revlon Colorstay. I generally only use my fingertips for application and blending.

Pros:
1. Flawless coverage
2. Build-able coverage
3. Luminous finish
4. Long-lasting

Cons:
1. Price

on 6/1/2011 7:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Being of a certain age, I decided it was time to change up my foundation. I've worn powder foundation for years and was always reluctant to change because of oil and oxidation. Most foundations turn orange on me and I hated looking . . . but I finally decided to try Chanel. This formula works well for me. The color is a good match and it does NOT oxidize at all.

I bought it during the winter so oil wasn't a big problem but by April I was fighting it. Initially I tried covering the oil with powders (including MAC Blot) and this turned everything into a horrible greasy mess. Just about the time I was ready to abandon this lovely foundation I decided to try blot papers instead and that did the trick. Around mid-day I blot everything with one (or two) Clean and Clear blot papers and that's it. The foundation stays put and looks almost like it did when applied originally.

The bottle itself is nice but I don't like the fact that you can't really tell how much is left. I knew i was getting low so I bought more but wasn't sure how low until the day the pump went pfffffft and gave up the last little sputters of foundation. The top is not easily removed and I waited until the pump gave out to force it off. This was a good thing because the top cracked a little. I used a make-up spatula to scrape out another 3 days worth of product. This seems silly until you see the price tag for a new bottle!

I'm happy with it now and am planning to continue using it. I bought my first bottle of this 5 months ago and will use the last drop today. The next bottle is ready to be opened tomorrow!

on 5/5/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is truly a wonderful foundation. I have very oily skin, and this foundation kept the oils at bay, and did not turn orange. My skin looked natural and flawless. The lumiere foundations are incredible, they are worth every penny. The colour range is extensive, and the application easy. The foundation feels weightless. I will buy this again and again. The first bottle lasted me 9 months of daily use. Love this foundation

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The dewy, luminous, shiny look is never for me. They just look greasy. So, I am always on the look out for matte foundation/powder although my skin is more on the normal to dry/dehydrated. This foundation does give me a matte look, but not matte to the extent of it looking pasty on me. It lasts and I hardly need to blot. Stays comfortable and I had not noticed any pulling or tightness which happens from other matte products. Best of all, I like the packaging. The amount to be used is controllable and the pump keeps the product hygenic. The consistency is buildable. Either gives me a very made up look, or a soft natural finish depending on the amount I use. Easily blendable. Overall, this is one of the few foundations that I like and I think I will stay with foundations from Chanel as I find the most satisfaction compared to other brands I have used.

on 11/22/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great foundation for oily skin without making your skin dry or chalky. It looks fantastic and feels fantastic. Although I have a yellow toned skin I bought the shade "petale" which is a pinky tone. It completely worked and balanced the sickly tone of my skin making it look healthy and delicate but still natural.

on 6/5/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this foundation because the SPF 15 is only titanium dioxide and so few liquid foundations offer that option. I am using 02 Porcelaine and it works well for my pale, rosacea skin. I also use Le Blanc de Chanel to "pale out" the redness on my cheeks if it is flaring. Love the coverage of this foundation. I have normal skin and it works well for me. But know that the titanium dioxide gives it extra coverage and may not be what some need or want.

on 9/20/2008 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Perfect. Found a shade with just enough yellow! Undetectable perfect matte finish. MY HG now.edit the sunscreen in it is titanium and zinc.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product...it's great to find a foundation that works with my fair, oil-prone skin. No breakouts - amazing! Other reviews say the product settles into lines, feels heavy, etc. The trick is to be well exfoliated and hydrated. Makes ALL the difference. And work quickly with a makeup brush...looks professional and polished. Great product, Channel - please don't discontinue it!

on 1/5/2016 8:37:00 PM

quite good coverage but color is strong need to change color in summer nice scent

on 2/8/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have only been wearing this foundation for about 1 week and I LOVE it. I am super-picky about make-up. As a fair-skinned black woman, finding a high-end make-up base to match is usually a challenge. I finally decided to try Chanel, and I'm so glad I did! I would never have chosen Soft Honey-it looked a bit too light in the store, but after wearing an hour or so, it took on a very lovely shade (oxidation, I suppose). I have moderately oily skin that is a bit uneven but without any type of scarring. It provides just enough coverage for both everyday and evening wear, and it lasts ALL day! I am not a fan of powder,and I don't need it with this foundation. The pump top is very nice. Very pricey, but worth it so far. The texture is a bit dry, but probably contributes to its long wearability. The best I have used in a very long time!