Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 36-43
Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. I used a similar Chanel matt-luminous liquid foundation in the 90s and then they discontinued it and brought out double perfection which broke me out. Thank goodness there is now a really good option for oily skins again. This is a medium coverage but buildable foundation. It stays on my oily skin all day and doesn't irritate the dryer areas. It is matt, but has a flattering natural subtle luminescence - not an oil slick or super shine like some of the luminous foundations. I use 20 Clair in Winter and 30 Beige in Summer and a mixture of the two inbetween. I have already repurchased.

on 10/11/2011 2:18:00 PM

This is one of the best foundations I've had. I'm on my third bottle. A little goes a long way. Also it's very deeply pigmented, so on days when I want sheer coverage, I mix it with some sunblock and it looks great, less formal, and more satiny.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have combination skin and I am prone to breakouts around my chin area even thou I am approaching 43. Mat Lumiere is currently on my list of favorite foundations. It applies well and I don't need much of it to do the job. It is not as full coverage as Revlon Colorstay but it does stay on for a long time and it keeps my forehead from looking shiny. I wore this foundation during the extreme heat we had in the summer of 2011 with temperatures reaching 110 for almost 3 weeks straight.
This foundation is not a miracle in a bottle but it is pretty darn good in my opinion. Mat Lumiere did not let me down. This is a pricey item (as most HE brands are) but worth every penny I had saved for it. My shade is Clair 20. I will buy this baby for as long as it is available and for as long as I have a job :)

on 8/24/2010 6:44:00 AM

I buy InStyle magazines yearly 100 Best Buys religiously and Chanel foundations keep coming up in it every year. I switched from the regular one to the matt last week and I find the finish to be better for me personally, but it probably depends on what you're after.

Goes on nicely, good coverage, neutral scent and still looks good at the end of the day. SPF 15 as well. It's definitely matt, but not chalky like some can be. Of course what ever you put on your face before you apply it and the general condition of your skin will always affect the final results...

on 5/25/2010 8:32:00 PM

Bought this product in Beige and I absolutely love it. I go through stages of buying drugstore brands and switch to drugstore brands or Sephora foundations I can try out first. This is my favorite so far. I have dry patches and some sun damage as well as a tendency to have breakouts. This foundation gave me smooth even coverage for all my flaws and lasted all day. Thought the Matte may be too drying but it turned out to be perfect especially with warm weather upon us. Would def buy again.

I had wanted to try this foundation for a long time but I was put off by the shades thinking that they were either to light or too dark. In the end I got it in shade 20 Clair and I am very happy with it. What I love most is that I do not have to use powder on it and it looks luminous mat as promised. It has also got a reliable SPF 15 which allows me to wear it on its own or with just a bit of serum underneath. Last but not least I found it offers good natural coverage (medium), good lasting power and it removes fairly easily (e.g. more easily than Estee Lauder double wear). Love it

on 2/26/2010 7:43:00 AM

UPDATE: I went and got another bottle of this after being terribly disappointed with Vitalumiere Aqua. Now to find the perfect, yellow-toned concealer to pair this with! **EDIT 2: My neck (though not my face) has darkened a bit in the summer, so I mix this with a little YSL gel bronzer; the consistencies mix very well. No more issues with flaky skin btw. This is my only fdn now, and I don't feel the need to get another (well except maybe a power compact). *** EDIT 1: When I had a dry patch on my forehead (very rare for me), I realised that this foundation does grab on to any flaky bit of skin and doesn't look so good. So, if surface dryness or flaking is a problem for you, I don'd recommend this foundation. Maybe Teint Innocence or Vitalumiere instead... *** I did not intend to buy this foundation, but as I was having trouble in finding a match in Dior liquids (021 is perfectly yellow but a little too dark, plus they oxidise on me), I thought I'd test the shades in this product. It turned out I had to buy this, as 20 (Clair) was absolutely perfect! It's a tad lighter than my Lancome Idole Ultra (10 beige albatre), and a bit more yellow. It disappears into my skin perfectly. It's so important to have the right shade in foundation... so I shelled out the 40 euros willingly. I have to say I'm absolutely loving this product, having used it for a week. But I can't understand how anyone would describe this as a full coverage foundation. I'd say definitely light to medium. It blends easily and evens out my skin beautifully, but it doesn't cover everything. (By way of comparison, Idole Ultra has more coverage.) If I want a perfect compexion I do have to use concealer, or a little Idole Ultra in place of concealer; but on its own the coverage is enough for a lovely natural look. I don't have issues with it sticking to dry spots, as I moisturise and exfoliate religiousyl. I was however a little worried about oilyness, because my combination skin gets quite shiny in the course of the day, but this foundation performs pretty well. I do powder on top, but because I've been running out of loose powder I used it minimally. It still looked pretty good and not cakey when I touched up with powder in the afternoon. It didn't oxidise at all, either.

All in all, this is one of the most beautiful foundations I've ever used, if not the best. (I love the finish and coverage of Laura Mercier oil-free but the shades are not a perfect match for me.) I'd happily purchase this again, and I'll definitely want to try the new Extreme powder foundation when it becomes available where I live... Great work Chanel!

on 1/10/2010 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I invested in this (and an investment it is, at the price.)
It's summer where I am and this is doing a good job of maintaining coverage and reducing shine. I look like I've been gently airbrushed, especially over past acne scarring and undereye circles. I've also had almost no breakouts in 2 months of using it.

I think I'm the demographic this product was created for: I have oily skin, but at the same time, I'm seeing the start of age in my skin. There's something going on with this that keeps it from drying my skin out entirely while staving off my once-frequent breakouts.

Mad props for the highly usable packaging, a sleek pump bottle that I can use to dole out just-right pearls of this for application.

I should be madly in love, but...I wish it came in paler shades. I too am a PPP not enjoying the color match. Still, it's the best I've found where I can try it in person. Estee Lauder Double Matte gave me "old lady face", with too much coverage and tremendous dryness, and a Clarins matte foundation was so highly scented I couldn't stand it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This has become my HG foundation. But the first time I used it I hated it... ! I applied it with my fingers and that was no good - it's best applied with a makeup brush, or it may feel sticky, heavy and not spread well. So if you've bought it and hated it - try applying it with a make-up brush before you abandon it, because it is a whole different feeling brushed on! It covers well and one pump is more than enough to cover the whole face so it lasts a long time, making it good value for money.

I have quite an uneven skin tone, very fair, with dark circles under my eyes and reddish cheeks, but it covers up nicely (although I use a MAC concealer on my dark circles as well). You can build it up if you need to. I find the Chanel shade 20 Clair is matches my skin tone very well.

on 12/21/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After years of struggling to find my perfect colour match with MAC(NW20/25), I am finally satisfied! I have found my HG! Originally I tried the Chanel Vitalumiere but found it didn't have the coverage, staying power and left my skin feeling oily.

I now use the Mat Lumiere in 42 Petale and have normal skin, however at times I can get a little dry on my cheeks. This product is amazing! I apply it with the MAC 187 brush and my skin appears airbrushed & flawless. Within the first week , I received many, many compliments on how "fresh" I looked.

This product lasts all day and rarely is a touch up required! I found it super-easy to blend on top of just a moisturiser (I use MAC Studio Moisture cream and on special occasions, pop a little MAC Strobe Liquid Lotion on my cheeks) and a light dusting of the Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder (30 Naturel Translucent 2) sees me through a whole day at work! I have not encountered any breakouts as I did with the MAC Studio Fix or dryness.

As an under eye concealer I use the Chanel Highlighter Pen in 30 Beige Rose which is a miracle in itself! No more dark circles!!!

I highly recommend this product - I have freckles and this foundation does not leave me looking "mask-like". The only downside - the packaging. The lid doesn't seem to stay on the bottle, but I am loving the pump dispenser.

Price - $60AU