CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 36-43
CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried all various liquid Foundations and always come back to this one. It has great coverage, long lasting and doesn't have a smell! Packaging is luxurious and gorgeous, as it should be for the price! I have oily/combination skin, prone to chin breakouts, and for years used Clinique's oil free foundation. However they changed their formulation, and all of a sudden it became an awful product which I was lucky if it was still on by lunch time! My daughter also uses Chanel Matt Lumiere, so I tried hers and immediately wondered why I wasn't! I cant remember why I originally stopped using it, but I'm back with it now as my HG in liquid foundation. I love the fact that Chanel has no problem taking back, swapping items when required. So if I try a new product that doesn't live up to expectations then I feel safe in the knowledge I can get my money back or swap for an alternative product. IMHO I think it's prudent to spend more on your foundation, as it is the canvas for your makeup. You can then be more penny pinching on items such as lip liners and nail varnish. I really am a Chanel-O-Holic, but their nail varnish chips really quickly and I have lip liners that do just a good job as Chanel liners, at a fraction of the cost. Plus the money I save doing this means I can Purchase my signature scent Coco Chanel!

on 3/12/2011 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is good esp if you have oily skin. Long wearing, good color selection, and isn't too matte. I would say it is a soft glow but not dewey. The price tag is steep but a little goes a long way. I use as little as possible with all foundation. I stipple this with a damp sponge, which works best for me with this product. I also bought Chanel's loose powder but I prefer MAC blot powder or prep and prime loose over this foundation. Beautiful foundation. I have to blot and/or powder my nose a few times throughout the day but that's never ending for me. The only negative: this "pools" up around the corners of my nose. My nose is very oily though but the rest of my face looks great. For oily skin, I also recommend Dior Forever and Nude (I love Nude), MUFE Mat Velvet + (nice but only in cool temps for me), and Revlon Colorstay and the EL DW and DW light.